Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

R-E-L-A-X Everyone

ColtsArmy84

Hey Guys it is Tuesday after 5pm, Scot Tolzien is still on the team, Stevan Morris is still on the practice squad. Pagano is still the HC So what is going to make things different this week. Same OC calling the same stupid plays. I would really like to find something to feel good about.    keep doing things the same way,,,, why would you expect different results???

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

what makes you think that we can win the division when last years worst offense in the NFL just put up 46 points on our defense? 

You want to use years past as a reason for us winning the division? 

The colts have barely made .500 the last 2 years. Will they do it again just because they were able to the last 2 years? 

Last year the colts finished 3rd in the AFC south. 

Now tell me please what what makes you think we will win this division? 

The colts are bad not because we can't win games, but because we can win games and continuously put ourselves in a position to lose, game in, game out, any given Sunday. 

The Pagano era is coming to a close. 

GO Nanny GO     :FlamingoDancing:

Who once said we had the worst 11-5 team in NFL history?  :spit: 5 1/16th years phugly. Revise that by 1/16th

The Mathis strip sack and Wuppin of Manning was splendid. yeehaaa

25 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

QB play on defense too now?? Lol

No, but having an offense not consistently going 3-and-out (and that's only when they're not turning the ball over) will help the defense be more rested throughout the game. 

image.png.912e5f304901c0683176e3cd973ee778.png

33 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep, Bortles played the game manager well, Fournette looked like the 1st round pick he was drafted to be, and the defense did what they normally do before the offense normally blows it for them. The Jags have a good chance of winning the division.

Yes definitely 

15 minutes ago, J@son said:

No, but having an offense not consistently going 3-and-out (and that's only when they're not turning the ball over) will help the defense be more rested throughout the game. 

image.png.912e5f304901c0683176e3cd973ee778.png

We sucked from the get go against the rams lol the QB isn't making the difference yall think it will

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

To me if you stop Fournette and force Bortles to be a passer they don't really have many weapons with Robinson and Hurns out.

Hurns is in from what I understand. We'll see if teams adapt and stop Fournette or if he's really that good. It was one week after all.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Hurns is in from what I understand. We'll see if teams adapt and stop Fournette or if he's really that good. It was one week after all.

I have more confidence after what we did with Gurley.  Not as nervous about Fournette.

Just now, krunk said:

I have more confidence after what we did with Gurley.  Not as nervous about Fournette.

I can't remember the exact stats last year, but Gurley has always had a poor YPC average, and the TDs were mostly because Goff got them down the field. I only used Gurley in daily fantasy because this was his best matchup all year. Fournette actually looked legit, and a bellcow back. I may be wrong, but I expect Fournette to be a top 10 back in the NFL this year. 

16 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

We sucked from the get go against the rams lol the QB isn't making the difference yall think it will

Your answer to everything all the time is this that or the other sucks.    Hard to take you serious dawg.  There's not really a right answer.

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

You watch the game or are you blind? 

See there you go again.   There was not a perfect performance anywhere other than the run defense, but that's a different game altogether if we had any offense.   There was nothing impressive about Goff to me. He wouldn't have even had half of the possessions he had if we had any semblance of an offense.  Bad offense and not to mention the turnovers.   It makes a difference in the over all outcome.  Having a quarterback would have made a big difference for us.

16 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I can't remember the exact stats last year, but Gurley has always had a poor YPC average, and the TDs were mostly because Goff got them down the field. I only used Gurley in daily fantasy because this was his best matchup all year. Fournette actually looked legit, and a bellcow back. I may be wrong, but I expect Fournette to be a top 10 back in the NFL this year. 

He had a 4.8 average to his rookie year.   Last year, he had no qb,  he saw a stacked box on first and second down all year

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

In what world? they put up that many points because we made him look like an all pro. 

Wow. Somewhere in that string of posts I forgot the point I was trying to make. That was BAD. LOL

What I meant was it was unrelated to the fact that the rams offense did not score 46 points on our defense. They still scored far more than they should have though. 

And no, the defense was not bad from the get go. They got much worse very quickly as the game went on because the offense could not stay on the field, it was unseasonably hot there and the rams coaches did what good coaches do and exacerbated both of those issues by going up tempo once they saw what was going on.

That and for some reason green and butler saw the 2nd and 3rd most snaps on defense, only behind bostic.

I feel for us fans and all, but i just have big-time sadness for Frank Gore, who now knows he is just squandering any chance to play on a contender and for a good coach.  He is such a warrior and with Luck on the shelf and the supporting cast , well, not supporting, it has to be a sinking feeling for him at this juncture in his career / life.  

1 minute ago, chrisfarley said:

I feel for us fans and all, but i just have big-time sadness for Frank Gore, who now knows he is just squandering any chance to play on a contender and for a good coach.  He is such a warrior and with Luck on the shelf and the supporting cast , well, not supporting, it has to be a sinking feeling for him at this juncture in his career / life.  

It sucks but I'm not going to be sad for the guy. He got to live his dream of playing in the NFL. he made a crap ton of money and his name will be near the top of the record books for a little while. 

:)

I cannot help noticing that everyone seems to be overlooking one small but vital point. What the hell happened to Vinatieri ?When one remembers how many past games were literally won by Vinny's long range field goals , I have great trepidation after seeing that he can only  put the ball through the uprights  from the 20 yard line once in 3 attempts! Either he has completely lost his ability or he is intentionally throwing games. Either way, we would seem to be doomed.  Sad.

11 minutes ago, Thorolf said:

I cannot help noticing that everyone seems to be overlooking one small but vital point. What the hell happened to Vinatieri ?When one remembers how many past games were literally won by Vinny's long range field goals , I have great trepidation after seeing that he can only  put the ball through the uprights  from the 20 yard line once in 3 attempts! Either he has completely lost his ability or he is intentionally throwing games. Either way, we would seem to be doomed.  Sad.

AV has always had a dry spell or two. I'm not concerned at all.

If you watch the two kicks he missed, the ball was leaning toward the holder, which I believe caused the kick to hook. Rigoberto has to hold more consistently. 

3 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

If the season continues to go South, i would be all for trading Gore to a contender for a late round pick.

11 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

So you KNOW this is a six win team? Can you tell us the Powerball numbers so can all get rich? 

11 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

6, 20, 29, 57, 59

Powerball is 22, Powerplay is 2. GL!

Jared, you are funny man. I enjoy when regulars slip in comedy for laughs inside serious debate topics. I live for that. 

Alright, back to skimming thru the responses folks. Thank you for playing along CFA & JC. I wish I had a parting gift for you guys like some free movie passes or a free trip somewhere pleasant. You know like a game show host with consolation prizes since you can't buy Ferrari's, mansions, & lear jets. Hang in there fellas! 

3 hours ago, Superman said:

AV has always had a dry spell or two. I'm not concerned at all.

If you watch the two kicks he missed, the ball was leaning toward the holder, which I believe caused the kick to hook. Rigoberto has to hold more consistently. 

*waits for someone to come along and call you a Vinatieri lover/defender/relative/agent*

What's the over/under that someone actually does?

:D

Ps. I dont know if I'm using over/under correctly. 

14 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Powerball is $115 million. Everyone can win that and invest it into a fund to buy the Colts. We'll do what Jeter did with the Marlins. He only needed $25 million of his own money, so $115 million should be plenty as one of the leading investors.

Duh, the pot gets divided by the number of winning tickets. If 10 Colts fans have winning tickets their sum total together would be $115 million. I'm stupid for even commenting on this.

51 minutes ago, GoBlue12 said:

Duh, the pot gets divided by the number of winning tickets. If 10 Colts fans have winning tickets their sum total together would be $115 million. I'm stupid for even commenting on this.

No, you're stupid for not realizing the person I was commenting on had the name "everyone" and I meant one person, as in "everyone", could win $115 million and invest in the Colts and own a majority share. You are stupid, but for completely misunderstanding the comment, not commenting on it period.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

No, you're stupid for not realizing the person I was commenting on had the name "everyone" and I meant one person, as in "everyone", could win $115 million and invest in the Colts and own a majority share. You are stupid, but for completely misunderstanding the comment, not comment on it period.

Now now Jared, calm down, he's new. :hat:

22 hours ago, J@son said:

Just had one correction to make. lol  You're absolutely right, the offense has got to get something together because they screwed the defense over time and time again.  The defense can be better and I expect that it will get better from week to week, but no improvement will help them overcome multiple 3-and-outs, quick turnovers etc etc.

Completely agree.  I think things will get even better when Vontae comes back too.  Still need to put more pressure on the QB but a balanced offense will help out the defense A LOT.

10 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

No, you're stupid for not realizing the person I was commenting on had the name "everyone" and I meant one person, as in "everyone", could win $115 million and invest in the Colts and own a majority share. You are stupid, but for completely misunderstanding the comment, not commenting on it period.

I misinterpreted your previous comment also, but it still made sense. When you said everyone (as in all colts fans) win that lottery, yeah the total gets divided between them, but together they still have the full collective amount.  So if 10 different fans won the full $115 mil, they could still pool it together to have the full $115 mil.  And that still made sense with the point you were trying to make.