Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anything positive from game 1

B~Town

So many threads about all the negative that went on today lets try another direction .

I will go with Doyle guy will fight for every inch every yard made some great blocks in the run game also . 

Mack showed his ability to take a dump off to the house .

lets keep this positive a long season still to play 

The most positive thing for the long term health of this organization is that this coaching staff is being evaluated by a fresh set of eyeballs.  No GM left to blame, no more coordinators to fire, no superstar QB to hide behind, just bare bones,  "can you win in this league?".  I know this is painful kids but this is good for the Colts.......

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

He played a series or two as a replacement for Mewhort 

I think

I still keep seeing Costanzo getting beat. Dont know when or how we address him. Overall I didnt really feel like the line was all that awful. Especially under the circumstances. They certainly weren't as bad as Houston to me.

I think they are going to be forced into designing a limited offense for Brissett. Dont know how they do it, but we have no chance with Scott.I almost never speak in extremes or absolutes but that's where I'm at right now. There's no evidence Chuck or Ballard can offer me to think Tolzien will work out.

Just now, krunk said:

I think they are going to be forced into designing a limited offense for Brissett. Dont know how they do it, but we have no chance with Scott.

Arizona, aside from Peterson, apparently have a weak secondary from what I've hear. Heck even Peterson got torched today against Detroit. If that's the case, our receivers have to find ways to get open to make Brissett's job easier. And some support from the O line would be great (although they weren't as bad today as they usually are). 

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I think they are going to be forced into designing a limited offense for Brissett. Dont know how they do it, but we have no chance with Scott.

Adjusting the playbook will not be that hard just start with the basic PB and add too it what JB knows or handles it he best

Example from my HS days 

We ran a very complicated Wing T O and the HC would add to the PB according to who he had available 

1 minute ago, NorthernBlue said:

Arizona, aside from Peterson, apparently have a weak secondary from what I've hear. Heck even Peterson got torched today against Detroit. If that's the case, our receivers have to find ways to get open to make Brissett's job easier. And some support from the O line would be great (although they weren't as bad today as they usually are). 

This is assuming the staff makes any changes at all. Theres a decent likelihood they start Scott again knowing them. I hope to God theres an alternative.

53 minutes ago, B~Town said:

So many threads about all the negative that went on today lets try another direction .

I will go with Doyle guy will fight for every inch every yard made some great blocks in the run game also . 

Mack showed his ability to take a dump off to the house .

lets keep this positive a long season still to play 

We will do that when they give us something positive to talk about until then season is over we are a dumpster fire.