Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

tolzien

OLD FAN MAN

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

the nfl channel said tolzien in his career has two passing tds vs 5 interceptions, can he turn it around and move the offence and throw tds for us? 

Not a chance... This guy is bad. An indictment on Ballard and the Front office. He is a new GM. He will surely learn from the Back up Fiasco.

I agree w/what others have said, with this being basically an opportunity to show another franchise that he's their guy as the #2. With Ballard bringing in Lucks true backup(once he learns the playbook), Tolzien's services will no longer be needed. He seems like he's a smart guy with a decent football IQ, so if the O can hold their end up who knows, he may shock us all. Still excited for the season regardless. 

11 minutes ago, GoColtsWin said:

I agree w/what others have said, with this being basically an opportunity to show another franchise that he's their guy as the #2. With Ballard bringing in Lucks true backup(once he learns the playbook), Tolzien's services will no longer be needed. He seems like he's a smart guy with a decent football IQ, so if the O can hold their end up who knows, he may shock us all. Still excited for the season regardless. 

i am excited too, want to see what our new talent can do

I think we should give the guy a chance. Obviously he's not the backup of the future, but as long as he takes some shots, what more can you ask for? I know Tolzien is no Alex Smith, but look what he just did against the Pats? Hoping the run game gets going so we don't have to rely on him as much. The defense definitely needs to show up in Andrew Luck's absence if we have any chance of winning some games. Any given Sunday! Go Colts!

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:17 AM, OLD FAN MAN said:

the nfl channel said tolzien in his career has two passing tds vs 5 interceptions, can he turn it around and move the offence and throw tds for us? 

The general talk among MOST sports media outside Indy is that the undrafted Tolzien who is on his FOURTH team is not even a good backup let alone starter for any amount of time. Ouch!!! Even the great Reggie Wayne is not a fan of Tolzien. I thought Morris had more upside and outplayed Tolzien in the last two preseasons but the team chose Scott so he's our guy. Can he give us a winning chance against a subpar Rams team? I HOPE so and what I mean is not just having a body under center but one that can move the offense while putting some POINTS on the scoreboard. With Scott's limited abilities the run game will be key and hopefully our defense can cause some turnovers against Goff who up to this point has been a disaster as a number one pick. Go Colts!!!

16 minutes ago, Archer said:

I think aTolzien will be better than people think.  Odds are that he's the better QB in today's game IMO...

I agree.  He's an NFL backup.  He can make all the throws and he's smart or he wouldn't be the backup.  No one is expecting us to win regardless.  I'm looking forward to seeing all of our new starters play a significant amount of time and hoping we find a way to pull it out. 

I feel like today will be painful on offense due to the toxic combination of Tolzien and Chud's game plans. Sorry, just not a Tolzien fan. But if today gets the Colts to move on, replace/demote him, and go forward with Brissett in Luck's absence, maybe today will be worth it.

Have been listening on 1070 (occasionally peaking at the TV) and have not been able to read all the comments so sorry if I am repeating anything....

Seriously, how much more of this cat (Scott freaking Tolzien) do we need to see?  I am so sick and tired of our organization thinking we only need a body for backup and nothing more.  Well, that is exactly what we have- a body.

This is crap.  I am not bailing on Ballard or anything like that, but we are seriously looking at third in our division at best.... with or without Luck.  

I know we will improve somewhat as the season progresses but so will everyone else.  

What about Hankins?  Stands up immediately when the ball is snapped and chicken fights with the guard or center.... he sucks right now and I don't see the value.  I sure hope he gets it figured out because he looks easily replaceable in my opinion.  What have we had... one sack?

ZERO PASS RUSH.

The only positive I have seen at all is the O-line seems to be somewhat better than we are used to.  Other than that it is hard to figure out which side Scott Tolkien plays for..... Goff looks decent actually for a change.

My freaking god

Stephen Morris outplayed this nit wit during pre season and was let go ? Tolzien has been behind aaron rodgers and andrew luck and looks like a confused Curtis Painter !   so we let Morris go, trade Dorsett for a qb with little experience from our enemy NE ?  looks like we are back to being the d olt's again !! where's my 1 -16 bag gotten too !

Jacksonville looks pretty damn good if you ask me...

And the Titans are not a push-over by any means.  

We are so far off from having any sort of respectable defense... I know we will be able to score, but keeping the other team from scoring is the best offense ... as you all know.

I am pretty darn depressed with this outing.

11 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Said it in pre-season, not a person in the world that can convince me that Scott Tolzien is a NFL QB 

Colin Kaepernick or Stephen Morris would've been better 

But whatever, tank season is here so let's do this 

:cheer:

It is depressing brother,.... I can't take much more of ST.  What in the hell do they see in him?

Oh.... JB is in now... lets see.  He will probably score 20 in the last few minutes and ST will still start next week.

WTH