Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who's Likely To Be There At 34?

I think this draft's strength is QBs, O-linemen (except Centers where there is a dropoff after the first two), Wide Receivers and Cornerbacks.

Not sold on the D-linemen, LBs, safeties and RBs depth.

So, for value, I think OL, CB or WR with our No.34 selection will get us some real good quality in that position.

Who are the likely players to be there at 34?

chances that Barron is there? Minnifield? Kirkpatrick? Zach Brown? What DT are going to be at that spot?

Barron will probably be there, Minnifield yes, Kirkpatrick no, and Zach Brown yes. Jerel Worthy, Fletcher Cox, Dontari Poe, and maybe Michael Brockers will all be there aswell.

Barron will probably be there, Minnifield yes, Kirkpatrick no, and Zach Brown yes. Jerel Worthy, Fletcher Cox, Dontari Poe, and maybe Michael Brockers will all be there aswell.

I would LOVE Mark Barron, Dontari Poe, or Brockers out of that list! Other possible guys we could target at 34 include WRs Mohamed Sanu and Alshon Jeffery.

Mohamed Sanu really like how his coaches speak of him and really like the way he plays. Don't want him to tear it up at the combine though.

Mark Barron would be absolutely wonderful and I'd be willing to bet if he did fall to us, we would take him. If not him then Markelle Martin in the third but maybe he has some good showings at OSUs pro day and the Combine

Stephon Gilmore, Leonard Johnson, Chase Minnifield would also be a welcomed addition to our atrocious pass D

My personal favorite D tackle Brandon Thompson should be there as well as Dontari Poe.

By some luck Cordy Glenn but that's some wishful thinking. Brandon Washington, Kelechi Osemele and Kevin Zeitler would upgrade our guard spots.

One of favorite players since the start of the season Vontaze Burfict. I really see a Ray Lewis/ Patrick Willis other then his stupid penalites.

I think this should be a two part thread. Who's likely to be there at 34? And who would you want us to trade up to the later part of the 1st round to get?

First answer: Alshon Jeffery, Mohamed Sanu, Alameda Ta'amu are some guys that are 1st round guys who could fall to 34 spot.

2nd answer: I would like to see us try and trade up to get one of the following guys....

-WR Michael Floyd (Luck to Floyd could be a sweet connection, and Floyd has looked somewhat like Fitzgerald. He just needs to stay out of trouble. I think a strong locker room like the Colts could help with that.

-CB Dre Kirkpatrick (We need a talented CB for Pagano to make into a star. Kirkpatrick has all the tools.)

-SS Mark Barron (He could be a very good SS for us next to Bethea.)

fat? hes 6-4 230. thats how much calvin weights

But Calvin is far more fit. The reason Jeffrey isn't a first round lock is because of his fitness.

I doubt Barron will be there but if he is we have to take him - Kirkpatrick maybe, I don't know how much people are put off by his arrest. Minnifield and Brown will both probably be there and I'd be happy with either of them.

But Calvin is far more fit. The reason Jeffrey isn't a first round lock is because of his fitness.

I doubt Barron will be there but if he is we have to take him - Kirkpatrick maybe, I don't know how much people are put off by his arrest. Minnifield and Brown will both probably be there and I'd be happy with either of them.

He's Mike Williams Mark II. Can't keep himself in good shape, poor attitude etc.

Who are the likely players to be there at 34?

chances that Barron is there? Minnifield? Kirkpatrick? Zach Brown? What DT are going to be at that spot?

Barron is by far the best safety in this draft so he will go in the first, almost guaranteed. Minnifield could be there, but CBs value is increasing as the league becomes a passing league so its more likely that he goes in the first but he could very well slide. Kirkpatrick and Brown will be gone. For DT, Poe and Stills will be gone, Josh Chapman could be there but im not overally impressed by him. Other then that there aren't much DTs in this class. Definitely none worth taking with that high of a pick.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE JEFFERY

Meh. Overrated in my opinion. Dont like his attitude or work ethic. Not fast, which is fine if your quick and a great route runner but he is neither. Average hands, average work ethic, average game, average player. He has size and thats it. Taking a player for size is just as dumb as passing up on a great player due to lack of size. Which as us Colts fans should know enough about after watching what MJD has done to our D, while Addai has been watching from the bench.

Barron, Minnifield, and Poe have a chance to be there. Vontaze Burfict should also be there. Dwayne Allen and Coby Fleener should be there.

Barron, Poe and Allen will all most likely not be there. Your forgetting that their are 31 other teams selecting players this draft. Burfict is only their if his character issues raise red flags, in which case i dont want him. Fleener should be there however.

Barron, Poe and Allen will all most likely not be there. Your forgetting that their are 31 other teams selecting players this draft. Burfict is only their if his character issues raise red flags, in which case i dont want him. Fleener should be there however.

Barron has questions about his athleticism, not being able to perform at the combine because of his injury (which needed surgery) won't help him.

Poe probably won't be there. But it is a possibility. I doubt he makes it past Pittsburgh personally.

Allen shouldn't be there, but I think the biggest threat to take him at the end of the first is Denver at 25, and we have bigger needs.

Burfict is all but guaranteed to be there. Some people think he will drop to the third. Now I doubt that, but I could see him falling to the 40s. He was awful this year and like you said has a ton of issues with his attitude. But in a 3-4 defense, his weaknesses are invisible. If Indy wants to go to a 3-4 he would be a great TED linebacker candidate.

I am looking at the defensive efficiency rankings in the NCAA for 2011 and it confirms my suspicion, that the South Carolina gamecocks had a pretty good secondary.

http://footballoutsi...tats/feidef2011

I like both Stephen Gilmore, CB of South Carolina and Antonio Allen, SS/FS, of South Carolina in the draft and those 2 were key reasons why that secondary was very good, IMO. I would not mind if we reached a bit for Stephen Gilmore at No.34, just my personal opinion.

I also would like to get Antonio Allen with our round 4 pick, if he falls that far.

Barron, Minnifield, and Poe have a chance to be there. Vontaze Burfict should also be there. Dwayne Allen and Coby Fleener should be there.

Id be fine with taking ILB Vontaze Burfict. Then Pagano would have his Ray Lewis type player, not saying Burfict will be as good as Lewis, but if he is coached up right, could be a stud at ILB next to Angerer. We could then have the best ILB combo over Willis/Bowman.