Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts make Roster Moves

TKnight24

3 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

I hope this is the last of Smith.

What do you have against Smith? He has good size 6'2 210lbs good speed 4.38 40. He showed great hands at Iowa. He nearly made the team last year.

He had a limited route. Iowa doesn't throw a lot. That is probably what pushed Rogers ahead of him for the last roster spot last season  There were many who thought we might keep 6 so we could keep them both. 

30 minutes ago, akcolt said:

What do you have against Smith? He has good size 6'2 210lbs good speed 4.38 40. He showed great hands at Iowa. He nearly made the team last year.

He had a limited route. Iowa doesn't throw a lot. That is probably what pushed Rogers ahead of him for the last roster spot last season  There were many who thought we might keep 6 so we could keep them both. 

He has been on and off the roster several times. He obviously is not as good as I thought he was coming out of Iowa. It's time to move on from him.

23 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

He has been on and off the roster several times. He obviously is not as good as I thought he was coming out of Iowa. It's time to move on from him.

He's been on and off the roster? He was on the PS was moved to the 53 man due to injuries. Then he was back to the PS. 

What are you basing your evaluation on? We didn't get fo see his development. He was injured before the preseason started.

He has tools you can't teach size speed and soft hands. He played for the Hawks so his a willing blocker. . We have invested a year in developing him. The smart thing would be to kick him to the street? He will be on the IR 

11 hours ago, akcolt said:

He's been on and off the roster? He was on the PS was moved to the 53 man due to injuries. Then he was back to the PS. 

What are you basing your evaluation on? We didn't get fo see his development. He was injured before the preseason started.

He has tools you can't teach size speed and soft hands. He played for the Hawks so his a willing blocker. . We have invested a year in developing him. The smart thing would be to kick him to the street? He will be on the IR 

A player who gets hurt from just being on the practice squad is reason for me to move on. The Colts need players who are available to play in games. That little Marvin Harrison was always out there. Smith looks to have some durability problems.

18 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

A player who gets hurt from just being on the practice squad is reason for me to move on. The Colts need players who are available to play in games. That little Marvin Harrison was always out there. Smith looks to have some durability problems.

No players get hurt being on a practice squad.  Just because a player may get injured from playing while he is on a practice squad does not mean he needs to be cut either.

By the way, Harrison's career ended with an injury.

30 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

No players get hurt being on a practice squad.  Just because a player may get injured from playing while he is on a practice squad does not mean he needs to be cut either.

By the way, Harrison's career ended with an injury.

Most players careers end with injury, only a few lucky ones get thru unscathed. 

1 hour ago, Blueblood23 said:

Players get hurt in practices all the time.  Should we cut Ryan Kelly too?