Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

46 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People saying most people are just bandwagon fans of the Warriors because they are winning! I mean that is the funniest crap I have ever read since the same people are Cavs fans because LeBron is their God, lmao. Go Warriors!

LeBron is the GOAT don't worry lmao. He will do it, LeBron can do it, if he cant do it nobody can haha. It's funny, I guess it's ok to bandwagon on LeBron's boat but if you want the Warriors you are just a bandwagoner. There wasn't one person that was a Cavs fan until LeBron went back there, you turds are cute. It doesn't matter this series proves he isn't near the frunkin GOAT just like I have Posted for months. 3-5 3-5 3-5 3-5 

• Like 1

Many of us predicted a Golden State sweep before the series began.

Certainly not out of any love for the Warriors....

When the Pacers played 4 close games with the Cavs, either the Pacers were a lot better than we thought.

..or the Cavs weren't as good as most said.

It is what it is

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Many of us predicted a Golden State sweep before the series began.

Certainly not out of any love for the Warriors....

When the Pacers played 4 close games with the Cavs, either the Pacers were a lot better than we thought.

..or the Cavs weren't as good as most said.

It is what it is

Yes and many said LeBron is the GOAT or 2nd best ever before this series started. I don't want to hear any excuses at all at this point if he loses. People say Tommy Boy is the best ever and he got real lucky to win his last 2. You either win or you lose bottomline. If LeBron loses, he is 3-5 in Finals and Jordan is 6-0, Magic 5-4, Kobe 5-2, Bird even 3-2 = both losses vs Magic. I don't want to hear excuses, if LeBron is the GOAT than he should find a way beat the Warriors. Brady found a way vs the Falcons down by 25. 

46 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes and many said LeBron is the GOAT or 2nd best ever before this series started. I don't want to hear any excuses at all at this point if he loses. People say Tommy Boy is the best ever and he got real lucky to win his last 2. You either win or you lose bottomline. If LeBron loses, he is 3-5 in Finals and Jordan is 6-0, Magic 5-4, Kobe 5-2, Bird even 3-2 = both losses vs Magic. I don't want to hear excuses, if LeBron is the GOAT than he should find a way beat the Warriors. Brady found a way vs the Falcons down by 25. 

Yeah cause LeBron's team acompishments make him unable to be the goat please. :facepalm: not to mention he is keeping it close playing the most stacked team in the history of professional sports. The only reason any one who isn't a warriors fan wants the warriors to win is cause they can't stand LeBron and just how damn great he is so they grasp at straws to find ways to tear him down  

18 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yeah cause LeBron's team acompishments make him unable to be the goat please. :facepalm: not to mention he is keeping it close playing the most stacked team in the history of professional sports. The only reason any one who isn't a warriors fan wants the warriors to win is cause they can't stand LeBron and just how damn great he is so they grasp at straws to find ways to tear him down  

I just don't want to hear it. I never excepted excuses from Jordan or Magic fans when they lost. I loved Magic and heard it from all over when Larry beat him in 1984 - nothing I could say. Same has to apply to LeBron considering people put him at #2 or #3 at worse with Magic. I still say Kobe is better. Put Kobe on Cleveland and he wins tonight IMO and it's 1-1. Kobe would've died putting up 40 in this game before Cavs lose.

People need to calm down about Durant being one of the best ever, he isn't nor Is Curry - Top 30 maybe. LeBron is Top 10 easily. The Warriors just have a great complete team. I cant see how anyone can get hurt by me saying Jordan, Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Bird, and Shaq are more dominant +more complete in their career's than LeBron is. That is very normal actually lmao. Durant and Curry are outstanding talents and I can buy Top 30 with them.

-People that love LeBron never thought this would be 2-0 because I didn't either LOL.

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People need to calm down about Durant being one of the best ever, he isn't nor Is Curry - Top 30 maybe. LeBron is Top 10 easily. The Warriors just have a great complete team. I cant see how anyone can get hurt by me saying Jordan, Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Bird, and Shaq are more dominant +more complete in their career's than LeBron is. That is very normal actually lmao. Durant and Curry are outstanding talents and I can buy Top 30 with them.

-People that love LeBron never thought this would be 2-0 because I didn't either LOL.

You are littterally the only person on this planet that puts that many people ahead of LeBron. And you really think Kobe could beat this team? You must be smoking some real good stuff. 

I didn't expect Cleveland to win at GS the team is the greatest in sports history no matter what way you try to twist it. And if you think Kevin Love is good enough to help LBJ that's an even bigger joke then Kobe beating this team.

Try reading the link DG shared in the pacers thread and see Just how clutch LBJ is put that along with his records and his skills on the floor and only a fool would think he isn't in the GOAT convo 

You cry out that you don't hate LBJ but your posts prove otherwise you just wanna see him fail 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

You are littterally the only person on this planet that puts that many people ahead of LeBron. And you really think Kobe could be this team? You must be smoking some real good stuff. 

I didn't expect Cleveland to win at GS the team is the greatest in sports history no matter what way you try to twist it. And if you think Kevin love is good enough to help LBJ that's an even bigger joke then Kobe beating this team.

Try reading the link DG shared in the pacers thread and see Just how clutch LBJ is put that along with his records and his skills on the floor and only a fool would think he isn't in the GOAT convo 

You ask anyone who is older then 40 on this Board, none of them would have LeBron Top 5 so you are wrong. If there is, it is very few. I can name several that don't think that by past convo's. If you think LeBron is better than Shaq than I have to laugh, sorry. Shaq was the most dominant player for 3 years in row that it isn't even debatable - he 3-Peated and won 3 straight Finals MVP's. Magic won 5 Championships, so did Kobe. I don't understand what your thought is to why LeBron is better than any of these guys. You ever seen these guys play? Many think Wilt is better and it's not even close lmao 

I have got:

Jordan

Magic

Kareem

Wilt

Kobe

Bird

Duncan

Shaq

LeBron - 9th - every player I have ahead of him has won more Titles except Wilt, Wilt once averaged 50 Points a game and scored 100 in a game LOL, Bird had the same amount of Titles with 3. Yeah Russ is at 10 - he is my Terry Bradshaw LOL

Russell

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You ask anyone who is older then 40 on this Board, none of them would have LeBron Top 5 so you are wrong. If there is, it is very few. I can name several that don't think that by past convo's. If you think LeBron is better than Shaq than I have to laugh, sorry. Shaq was the most dominant player for 3 years in row that it isn't even debatable - he 3-Peated and won 3 straight Finals MVP's. Magic won 5 Championships, so did Kobe. I don't understand what your thought is to why LeBron is better than any of these guys. You ever seen these guys play? Many think Wilt is better and it's not even close lmao 

Shaq was big he was good but I bet you if you ask him he would even say LeBron is a better player then him. And in the pacers thread we have already discussed why LBJ is way better then him and your love for talking about team championships is ignorant that has to do with a team no single player has ever won a championship for his team in any sport it is 100% impossible 

19 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Shaq was big he was good but I bet you if you ask him he would even say LeBron is a better player then him. And in the pacers thread we have already discussed why LBJ is way better then him and your love for talking about team championships is ignorant that has to do with a team no single player has ever won a championship for his team in any sport it is 100% impossible 

But yet if the Cavs were winning this series you would be the first saying it is all LeBron. That's how LeBron fans are - see why I get irritated, that is why I am glad Warriors will win this. The Warriors don't have any Top 20 players of all-time but have 4 guys that are Very Good. Curry and Durant are Top 40 all-time so they will go down as Great as the years go on. The Warriors remind me of the 1991 Washington Redskins - they just do everything Very Good in every phase, nothing Great but have no weaknesses. The 1987 Lakers, 2001 Lakers, 1996 Bulls, 1986 Celtics were better IMO but the Warriors may go 16-0??

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

But yet if the Cavs were winning this series you would be the first saying it is all LeBron. That's how LeBron fans are - see why I get irritated, that is why I am glad Warriors will win this. The Warriors don't have any Top 20 players of all-time but have 4 guys that are Very Good. Curry and Durant are Top 40 all-time so they will go down as Great as the years go on. The Warriors remind me of the 1991 Washington Redskins - they just do everything Very Good in every phase, nothing Great but have no weaknesses. The 1987 Lakers, 2001 Lakers, 1996 Bulls, 1986 Celtics were better IMO but the Warriors may go 16-0??

LeBron has carried more teams then any player in NBA history so that is why people say it's only him luckily he has kyrie to help out some live isn't worth %. Curry will go down as one of the greatest PGs all time and KD is already talked about as a great player he just hasn't had a team to win a championship so yes the warriors are a whole hell of a lot better then you are giving them credit for 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

LeBron has carried more teams then any player in NBA history so that is why people say it's only him luckily he has kyrie to help out some live isn't worth %. Curry will go down as one of the greatest PGs all time and KD is already talked about as a great player he just hasn't had a team to win a championship so yes the warriors are a whole hell of a lot better then you are giving them credit for 

I give Warriors huge credit but they did blow a 3-1 lead last year and lost Game 7 at home. Yes Durant and Curry are Top 40, maybe Top 30 material TALKING ALLTIME but LeBron is Top 10 if not Top 5 material.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have got:

Jordan

Magic

Kareem

Wilt

Kobe

Bird

Duncan

Shaq

LeBron - 9th - every player I have ahead of him has won more Titles except Wilt, Wilt once averaged 50 Points a game and scored 100 in a game LOL, Bird had the same amount of Titles with 3. Yeah Russ is at 10 - he is my Terry Bradshaw LOL

Russell

Any list that don't have Dr. J on it makes no sense! :D

• Like 1

All this talk of who is the GOAT in the NBA is all opinion just like the talk about the GOAT in any sport.

Would the high scoring players of today be as good as advertised if they played in the era where defense was allowed to dominate and own the paint? Somehow I don't think so.

The adding of the circle around the rim completely changed the NBA. Defense is not played in todays NBA. Today's NBA is so much like the old ABA it's not funny. The only thing missing is the red, white and blue basketball.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I give Warriors huge credit but they did blow a 3-1 lead last year and lost Game 7 at home. Yes Durant and Curry are Top 40, maybe Top 30 material TALKING ALLTIME but LeBron is Top 10 if not Top 5 material.

That was without Durant. With Durant, you would be blind not to see that the Warriors are more Super than any Super team assembled. The rules of the current NBA would have favored the Warriors with zone defense allowed vs the '96 Jordan led Bulls, IMO. While the Bulls would have more character and heart on D with Pippen and Harper, it would still be hard to make a case against the current Warriors team vs any Super team with the current rules. If the rules were shifted to the Jordan era, the 1996 Bulls would win. The 3-pt. shooters weren't nearly as nimble on the Bulls team, more like beneficiaries of Jordan's penetration and spot up shooters like Kukoc, Kerr, Buechler who were one trick ponies unlike the Warriors' nimble 3-pt shooters who are good for a move or two easily.

When it is all said and done with their careers at the current pace, barring any major injury, Curry and Durant will be Top 20 players in the NBA all time at least, IMO. However, the rule differences are the singular reason why comparisons are difficult.

7 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

You cry out that you don't hate LBJ but your posts prove otherwise you just wanna see him fail 

This, I 100% agree with and it is becoming more and more clear lately. There are other fans here that way as well, they might as well come out and admit it.

I am glad I am not the only one seeing it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chad72 said:

This, I 100% agree with and it is becoming more and more clear lately. There are other fans here that way as well, they might as well come out and admit it.

I am glad I am not the only one seeing it.

Yeah most definalty there are others. I just don't get wanting such an amazing player to fail we literally have never seen anything like him or anyone that affects the game all game long the way he does it's amazing 

6 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

The main point is that when the Warriors beat the Cavs, LeBron falls to 3-5 in Finals. He's not in the conversation for GOAT. But he never was to begin with so that's that

The main point should actually be who gives a % what his Finals record is you act like every Finals it's been LBJ vs the other team and that's not the way it is. All of yours and 2006 hero's that you think are better would have more Finals losses had they been good enough to piggy back trash teams to the Finals like LBJ has.

13 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

You can do that..if you want to but Oakland is not SF for purposes of pro sports teams

Oakland is Oakland.....

Oakland-SF-San Jose  is like saying NY-New Jersey...or including Milwaukee in the Chicago market

when we talk about market size that list is what i go by

Chicago and Milwaukee are not included together, but new york and jersey are

they use statistics to put this together and im a stats guy by nature

8 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

The main point should actually be who gives a % what his Finals record is you act like every Finals it's been LBJ vs the other team and that's not the way it is. All of yours and 2006 hero's that you think are better would have more Finals losses had they been good enough to piggy back trash teams to the Finals like LBJ has.

You should care about the Finals record because that separates the best of the best. Jordan wouldn't be unanimously best ever if not for his 6-0 Finals record with 6 MVP's. Simple logistics

11 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Father Time is undefeated.....

Its hard to admit what we're seeing......that LeBron has gotten old...

I wouldn't say he's gotten old.  He's still playing some unbelievable basketball at his age.  I'm not going to say he has a bad team around him because that's simply untrue.  He has plenty of talent on this team.  The problem is twofold: the talent isn't showing up (Kyrie, JR, Korver, Tristan Thompson), and Cleveland's talent isn't even in the same realm as Golden State's.  I don't think this has to do with LeBron getting old.

6 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

The main point is that when the Warriors beat the Cavs, LeBron falls to 3-5 in Finals. He's not in the conversation for GOAT. But he never was to begin with so that's that

This is absolutely ridiculous.  You might not say he is the GOAT, but he's definitely in the conversation.  Here's a hypothetical for you.  Take every year LeBron lost in the Finals and instead have him get knocked out in the first round.  That would give him a Finals record of 3-0 and people would be more serious about him being in the GOAT discussion simply because he has 0 Finals losses.  So people are giving him more criticism and taking him out of the GOAT discussion because he actually made the Finals and advanced further in the playoffs whereas they'd be more lenient if he had gotten knocked out in the first round.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

You should care about the Finals record because that separates the best of the best. Jordan wouldn't be unanimously best ever if not for his 6-0 Finals record with 6 MVP's. Simple logistics

Using TEAM accomplishments to help or tear down another player is ignorant. You look at the player themselves and see how great they are. Your logic is basically this "well LeBron team wasn't good enough to beat the most stacked team in history so that means he's not that great"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

This is absolutely ridiculous.  You might not say he is the GOAT, but he's definitely in the conversation.  Here's a hypothetical for you.  Take every year LeBron lost in the Finals and instead have him get knocked out in the first round.  That would give him a Finals record of 3-0 and people would be more serious about him being in the GOAT discussion simply because he has 0 Finals losses.  So people are giving him more criticism and taking him out of the GOAT discussion because he actually made the Finals and advanced further in the playoffs whereas they'd be more lenient if he had gotten knocked out in the first round.

They are blinded by hate. 

46 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

They are blinded by hate. 

Agree. The more you hate without sound logic, cherry picking stats for your argument, it only waters down the argument, IMO. MJ was not a great 3 pt. shooter (didn't need to be then) and if they allowed zone defense then, it would bring his numbers down and his team accomplishments as well, one can make a case for it. But saying that objectively could be considered sacrilege. Chef Curry has 10% points higher on the 3 pt. shooting percentage (about 43%) on Jordan for his career so far, let that sink in, with the new rules, astounding. It does not reduce Jordan's greatness under the rules of his era whatsoever, what separated MJ was his desire on top of his talent but when we are comparing apples to oranges across eras, we have to keep that in perspective while discussing player's abilities.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Using TEAM accomplishments to help or tear down another player is ignorant. You look at the player themselves and see how great they are. Your logic is basically this "well LeBron team wasn't good enough to beat the most stacked team in history so that means he's not that great"

When we talk about a player that is considered the best in each respective sport, championships are the deciding factor. You can have a great player that wins no championships, but said player isn't considered the best. It's not that hard

16 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

When we talk about a player that is considered the best in each respective sport, championships are the deciding factor. You can have a great player that wins no championships, but said player isn't considered the best. It's not that hard

Championships are a team accomplishment.  Even in a sport like basketball where one player can absolutely dominate (which I think makes the game somewhat boring), it's a team accomplishment.  No player plays 48 minutes per game.  Not only that, but using the same logic, Joe Flacco > Dan Marino?  LaGarrette Blount > Barry Sanders?  Adam Morrison > Patrick Ewing?  Derek Fisher > Steve Nash?  Shawn Marion > Reggie Miller?  Championships are a factor, but not the deciding factor.

• Like 2

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

Championships are a team accomplishment.  Even in a sport like basketball where one player can absolutely dominate (which I think makes the game somewhat boring), it's a team accomplishment.  No player plays 48 minutes per game.  Not only that, but using the same logic, Joe Flacco > Dan Marino?  LaGarrette Blount > Barry Sanders?  Adam Morrison > Patrick Ewing?  Derek Fisher > Steve Nash?  Shawn Marion > Reggie Miller?  Championships are a factor, but not the deciding factor.

I said players we consider the best. None of those guys you mentioned in each respective sport was ever considered the best

Just now, Luck is Good said:

I said players we consider the best. None of those guys you mentioned in each respective sport was ever considered the best

So you wouldn't consider Marino, Barry Sanders, Steve Nash, Reggie Miller, or Patrick Ewing (all Hall of Fame level players) to be among the best?  There are many people who say Marino is the best quarterback of all time and Barry Sanders is the best running back of all time

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

So you wouldn't consider Marino, Barry Sanders, Steve Nash, Reggie Miller, or Patrick Ewing (all Hall of Fame level players) to be among the best?  There are many people who say Marino is the best quarterback of all time and Barry Sanders is the best running back of all time

When we're talking about best player of all time in each respective sport, none of those guys qualify. They were great players though

1 hour ago, Luck is Good said:

its a team game though

jordan played with pippen and rodman, who i believe are both in the 50 best ever

lebron has had good players too, but in the finals that he lost he was clearly on the inferior team overall

9 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

When we're talking about best player of all time in each respective sport, none of those guys qualify. They were great players though

football is tougher because the positions are so different.  hard to compere QBs to a line backer like LT

marino and sanders belong in the discussion of best ever for their positions

im not saying i think lebron is better than jordan either, havent put much thought into, dont care

just saying, remember jordan played on some really good bulls teams, while lebron has carried some much weaker teams

14 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I can..He invested a good part of his playing life in OKC..

..I would NEVER have left when they were that clsoe

Have you seen Kevin Durants' Mom responding to Stephen A. Smiths' criticism of KD for going to GS?

That was smooth.  She da real MVP!

• Like 1