Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

Pretty quiet on this Thread today. Not sure what is going to happen tonight? A lot of people are giving LeBron a pass for the Cavs losing so far though (other websites/media, etc.) because the Warriors are so loaded. Here's why I don't, I am not so sure this Warriors team is as unbeatable as a lot of people think. What I mean by that is, I would put Jordan's Bulls or Magic's Lakers up against them and feel good about it because the Bulls had Jordan and the Lakers had Magic. I just think they are better than LeBron. The same people giving him a pass would be putting the GOAT label on him right now if the Cavs were up 2-0 and everyone knows that. I still can never figure out why people get offended if you use the Ring argument against LeBron as part of your debate to why he isn't the Goat or even Top 5 but yet those same people in the very next breath use it against Peyton. That is one thing that really irritates me and they just blurt out Tom and Joe. It's not ok to use this against LeBron but when it comes to Peyton lets just talk about him only having 2 Rings lmao. Yeah whatever lmao. I am not referring to anyone in here but I see this a lot on the internet and ESPN, etc..

-Also since when isn't Kyrie Irving a Superstar! News flash, HE IS! Just because he is having a bad series doesn't mean he isn't a SuperStar. He was the 2nd biggest reason why the Cavs beat the Warriors last season and he even hit the game winning shot in Game 7. People bashing this guy really need to chill. He also just tore up the Eastern Conference as well. Maybe Steph Curry is just better?? What a concept to grasp haha 

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pretty quiet on this Thread today. Not sure what is going to happen tonight? A lot of people are giving LeBron a pass for the Cavs losing so far though (other websites/media, etc.) because the Warriors are so loaded. Here's why I don't, I am not so sure this Warriors team is as unbeatable as a lot of people think. What I mean by that is, I would put Jordan's Bulls or Magic's Lakers up against them and feel good about it because the Bulls had Jordan and the Lakers had Magic. I just think they are better than LeBron. The same people giving him a pass would be putting the GOAT label on him right now if the Cavs were up 2-0 and everyone knows that. I still can never figure out why people get offended if you use the Ring argument against LeBron as part of your debate to why he isn't the Goat or even Top 5 but yet those same people in the very next breath use it against Peyton. That is one thing that really irritates me and they just blurt out Tom and Joe. It's not ok to use this against LeBron but when it comes to Peyton lets just talk about him only having 2 Rings lmao. Yeah whatever lmao. I am not referring to anyone in here but I see this a lot on the internet and ESPN, etc..

-Also since when isn't Kyrie Irving a Superstar! News flash, HE IS! Just because he is having a bad series doesn't mean he isn't a SuperStar. He was the 2nd biggest reason why the Cavs beat the Warriors last season and he even hit the game winning shot in Game 7. People bashing this guy really need to chill. He also just tore up the Eastern Conference as well. Maybe Steph Curry is just better?? What a concept to grasp haha 

Kyrie was the biggest reason they won the championship last year. He tore up Steph those last three games. Definitely not gonna be the case this time around. And yes he is a superstar. Who the hell said he wasn't?

15 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Kyrie was the biggest reason they won the championship last year. He tore up Steph those last three games. Definitely not gonna be the case this time around. And yes he is a superstar. Who the hell said he wasn't?

Go over to the ESPN Basketball Threads and read some of those comments. People are saying Kyrie sucks, he isn't a SuperStar, etc.. LeBron would be better off with an old Dwyane Wade, etc.. I know it's just fans spewing but I have seen dozens of these Posts. I love Dwyane Wade as a player actually but he is old, Kyrie is better than he is as of today. All-Time he isn't obviously but in 2017 he is. Regarding last seasons Finals, LeBron was the #1 reason they won TECHNICALLY but Kyrie was the man down the stretch in Game 7. See for the LeBron hater I am, I give him the most credit for winning last season's Finals. Aren't I a sweet fella after all :lol:

51 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think the Cavs bounce back. The role players will play better...they will mug stef and KD and I promise GS will be in foul trouble. The intensity will be up for them...they will slow down the game and hit the paint and boards hard. 

So far this isn't on Lebron. Tristan Thompson has 8pts and 8 rebounds in TWO game! JR and Korver have hit what a couple shots each? One man can't win on his own...MJ himself couldn't stop GS with those type of contributions from his teammates. I've really enjoyed watching GS move the ball and set screens and play motion offense to perfection last few games and shoot the ball. It's hard for an Indiana boy to not enjoy that style or ball. Cleveland relies on a heavy ISO/pick and roll offense and maybe we are just seeing a transition back to the way basketball was played years ago....team ball played this well will always beat one on one basketball. I look for a physical beat em up game and Cavs to grit out a win and make this a real series.

If I'm Cleveland I go big and post Lebron and Love to get KD and Green in foul trouble and run exclusive Kyrie/Lebron pick in rolls until Klay/KD/Green/Iggy are all in foul trouble....and I trap Curry every chance and let him make mistakes because he is so weak with the ball.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If I'm Cleveland I go big and post Lebron and Love to get KD and Green in foul trouble and run exclusive Kyrie/Lebron pick in rolls until Klay/KD/Green/Iggy are all in foul trouble....and I trap Curry every chance and let him make mistakes because he is so weak with the ball.

odd you say that.

I'm thinkin..go small.

Shumpert vs. Durant..

....LBJ vs. Klay

Love vs. Draymond

Kyrie vs. Steph \

Korver/JR vs. a 'small'....

I'd also trap Curry...Let Durant back Shumpert in low...Just don't leave Steph

LeBron can cheat off Draymond...

But coach Lue is wrong..They DO have to slow the pace

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

With the way SA plays?

Paul would control the pace...which you have to do against GSW

GS even runs on makes...yes SA would be the best to challenge but Paul isn't the young Paul...I don't like that move for SA because they would have to gut their team and young talent to pull it off.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

39-31.GSW......at the quarter..too fast....

.....slow to pace....Get it to Love....and let Kryie drive....

way to many posessions for GSW

They had the winning formula early. Trap Curry force Green and Pachula to score and get it inside and let the refs call cheap fouls on GS bigs.

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 7:42 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Does anyone want the Pacers to re sign Teague?

Yes..He's 29...very strong lead guard..

..Remember when we tried to make Hill a lead guard

..obviously, we need him what ever else happens

Edited by oldunclemark