Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

GS even runs on makes...yes SA would be the best to challenge but Paul isn't the young Paul...I don't like that move for SA because they would have to gut their team and young talent to pull it off.

GSW isnt going to win every title every year...

..San Antonio might have beaten then this year had they been healthy.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If Deron Williams is going to play that bad they need to play someone else. Wow he has fell off fast. Perfect game plan being executed by Cleveland and at least it's a close game. Lebron out of his mind just needs help.

JR isn't setting the world on fire either

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

GSW isnt going to win every title every year...

..San Antonio might have beaten then this year had they been healthy.

Come on Mark. SA might have won a couple games but GS is better in every way. Any team relying on a ancient Ginobli to play significant minutes and carry them isn't beating this GS team. Nobody knows what the GS team will look like next year but this one is clear best in the league.

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Come on Mark. SA might have won a couple games but GS is better in every way. Any team relying on a ancient Ginobli to play significant minutes and carry them isn't beating this GS team. Nobody knows what the GS team will look like next year but this one is clear best in the league.

I know we adore Golden State but they wont win every title every year going forward.

With Tony Parker..hurt..add Chris Paul and SA is at least as good as they were this year (60 wins) and probably better/

We all forget that the Spurs were up 23 on GSW in Oakland until, that GSW goon took Leonard out of the series

Edited by oldunclemark

Cleveland is going to beat up Curry and Durant. They think out physicalling them will wear them out and slow this team down. I guess Cleveland is stuck in the 90s and the refs fit right in. Goes to show a physical Bulls team still might not have an advantage because GS is still grinding to a lead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I know we adore Golden State but they wont win every title every year going forward.

With Tony Parker..hurt..add Chris Paul and SA is at least as good as they were this year (60 wins) and probably better/

We all forget that the Spurs were up 23 on GSW in Oakland until, that GSW goon took Leonard out of the series

It was one game and yes they would give GS a fight but that same team would be gutted to fit Paul's contract on it.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

why...they are willing to go over the cap (unlike a certain midwest team)

You can't sign free agents if your over the cap...only re-sign your own guys. Paul would have to take less money..they couldn't re-sign Mills and Green who are due big contracts because Gasol opted in.

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Kyrie just ran away from Klay to guard the GSW goon....not thinking

He is very talented even if he carries the ball all the time but he needed another year at Duke to learn defensive assignments. Double Pachula?? Klay on tonight he is such a stud. Love that guy imagine him on the Pacers with PG!

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Cavs playing well but its 67-61..GSW

...Has anybody seen anything to convince them that the Cavs will win?

I have. I see the refs determined to keep the game close...then it will come down to a big shot and Kyrie looks like 16 finals Kyrie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I think the Cavs bounce back. The role players will play better...they will mug stef and KD and I promise GS will be in foul trouble. The intensity will be up for them...they will slow down the game and hit the paint and boards hard. 

So far this isn't on Lebron. Tristan Thompson has 8pts and 8 rebounds in TWO game! JR and Korver have hit what a couple shots each? One man can't win on his own...MJ himself couldn't stop GS with those type of contributions from his teammates. I've really enjoyed watching GS move the ball and set screens and play motion offense to perfection last few games and shoot the ball. It's hard for an Indiana boy to not enjoy that style or ball. Cleveland relies on a heavy ISO/pick and roll offense and maybe we are just seeing a transition back to the way basketball was played years ago....team ball played this well will always beat one on one basketball. I look for a physical beat em up game and Cavs to grit out a win and make this a real series.

I definitely want to clarify and say I am not blaming this all on LeBron. Yes he is putting up Great numbers but what good does it do if you don't win? Russell Westbrook puts up unreal numbers and gets bashed for not winning enough. The best player on every team is going to get most of the blame if they lose, well that is usually how it happens unless you are LeBron lmao I will say this Peyton got blamed by the media and opposing fans everytime he lost to the Patriots. Warriors only up 67-61 at Half. Cavs have to come out in the 3rd Qtr and set the tone, if they don't it's over. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I definitely want to clarify and say I am not blaming this all on LeBron. Yes he is putting up Great numbers but what good does it do if you don't win? Russell Westbrook puts up unreal numbers and gets bashed for not winning enough. The best player on every team is going to get most of the blame if they lose, well that is usually how it happens unless you are LeBron lmao I will say this Peyton got blamed by the media and opposing fans everytime he lost to the Patriots. Warriors only up 67-61 at Half. Cavs have to come out in the 3rd Qtr nad set the tone, if they don't it's over. 

MJ wasn't winning championships putting up 60 some on the Celtics...he needed a team. Grant/Pippen/Armstrong etc...people forget MJ failed over and over.. couldn't get past Boston then Detroit. When they finally got a good team around him and a good coach it all came together. MJ had Pippen/Grant/Rodman/Harper/Kukoc and Phil Jackson. Lebron has Ty Lue lol..Lebron is doing everything he can but it's still a team sport in the end. He can't be held responsible unless he just crapped himself and he defiantly isn't doing that.

this is Cavs style game and they are still losing...I still think they pull it out but GS is dang good. 

Peyton did throw 4 ints against the Pats in one game and only put up like a fg with one of the best offenses ever. He had his share of stinkers in the playoffs. Hardly comparable to triple double machine Lebron who excels in the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

MJ wasn't winning championships putting up 60 some on the Celtics...he needed a team. Grant/Pippen/Armstrong etc...people forget MJ failed over and over.. couldn't get past Boston then Detroit. When they finally got a good team around him and a good coach it all came together. MJ had Pippen/Grant/Rodman/Harper/Kukoc and Phil Jackson. Lebron has Ty Lue lol..Lebron is doing everything he can but it's still a team sport in the end. He can't be held responsible unless he just crapped himself and he defiantly isn't doing that.

this is Cavs style game and they are still losing...I still think they pull it out but GS is dang good. 

I remember when Detroit used to beat MJ. MJ was also very young while that was going on. Maybe this is where I differ with a lot of people, I think LeBron has a solid supporting cast. Irving and Love both are technically Superstars.