Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

I dont think NBA is boring.. even of we know the outcome and the outcome "could" be getting redundant. At least watching each teams superstar is fun. Horents vs 76ers.. hey embidd and kemba are playing lets watch for a little. Much better than watching the browns play the ravens..

Lol i actually had more fun watching basketball this season than thr NFL. Lets face it.. we all knows what happening in the NFL every year too ha. I finally just reached my wits end with The Patriots, so im sure some are sick of Lebron like that too.. the warriors have been good for a whole 3 years. Lets give them a rest

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

Who does everybody got tonight?

Warriors again, by about 12 this time. Lebron will come out strong. But due to the Cavs iso ball (everybody stand in the corner and wait for lebron to bully his way in then dish to us for an open 3) he') be exhausted because the warriors will keep pace with them. Them the 4th qt will come the D will get turned up and they'll pull away

11 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Warriors again, by about 12 this time. Lebron will come out strong. But due to the Cavs iso ball (everybody stand in the corner and wait for lebron to bully his way in then dish to us for an open 3) he') be exhausted because the warriors will keep pace with them. Them the 4th qt will come the D will get turned up and they'll pull away

I hope you are right but I see no way the Cavs play as bad as they did the other night. This will be the night of T. Thompson playing Football grabbing 15 Boards, Korver and some scrub like Shumpert nailing 5 3's a piece lmao. I could be wrong but after watching this thing for around 40 years It wouldn't shock me at all if the Cavs won tonight. It will keep everyone interested as well. If the Warriors win tonight it's over and everyone knows it. No way in hell they blow a 2-0 lead again like last season, not with Durant.

18 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

Kobe is better than LeBron. That's not a debate. Kobe is the closest thing we've seen to Michael Jordan since Michael Jordan. He was absolutely the best player of this generation. And the Finals is gonna be a sweep. This Warriors team is too good and Cavs can't compete with them

I think that's laughable...Kobe was a great player but Lebron makes everyone on the floor better. Lebron is better in about every way except shooting but when he wants he can score at as great a clip as anyone. He has taken his teams to seven NBA finals in a row...Lebron is rediculous. I mean Kobe scored points but he was not that efficient honestly. It's no mistake that toward the end nobody wanted to play with Kobe. I just don't see Kobe as that all around greatest player...like AI he was a scorer. Look at Clyde Drexlers career he was more rounded. Drexler averaged more rebounds, assists, steals and blocks than Kobe Bryant for his career, while also shooting a higher percentage from the floor. And Drexler never missed the postseason during his 15-year career. I understand that Kobe was almost impossible to stop but I value guys that not only can get theirs but make their teams better and get others involved. Kobe isn't even the greatest Laker let alone better than Lebron. I don't know how it went from Lebron not as good as MJ to now he isn't even as good as Kobe....that's just laughable.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think that's laughable...Kobe was a great player but Lebron makes everyone on the floor better. Lebron is better in about every way except shooting but when he wants he can score at as great a clip as anyone. He has taken his teams to seven NBA finals in a row...Lebron is rediculous. I mean Kobe scored points but he was not that efficient honestly. It's no mistake that toward the end nobody wanted to play with Kobe. I just don't see Kobe as that all around greatest player...like AI he was a scorer. Look at Clyde Drexlers career he was more rounded. Drexler averaged more rebounds, assists, steals and blocks than Kobe Bryant for his career, while also shooting a higher percentage from the floor. And Drexler never missed the postseason during his 15-year career. I understand that Kobe was almost impossible to stop but I value guys that not only can get theirs but make their teams better and get others involved. Kobe isn't even the greatest Laker let alone better than Lebron. I don't know how it went from Lebron not as good as MJ to now he isn't even as good as Kobe....that's just laughable.

Kobe was better, I disagree. He was more clutch, had much better killer instinct, was a better scorer, and knew how to win more. It is a debate but like the other night LeBron just tends to disappear in Finals games like he did against the Spurs and Mavs. Kobe had 1 bad Finals his whole NBA career and that was against the Pistons in 2004. That particular series, Karl Malone got injured in Game 1 and Shaq wasn't the player he was during their 3-Peat. Kobe was a 1 man team in 2004. In 2008 the only other Finals series Kobe lost, he still played well, Pau Gasol stunk it up and Andrew Bynum was injured. If LeBron loses these Finals he will be 3-5 with guys he basically handpicked to be on his team. Kobe was 5-2. I would take Kobe's career over LeBron. You say I don't know how it went from LeBron not being better than MJ, to not being better than Kobe. I don't get for the life of me, how LeBron has jumped guys like Magic, Kareem, Kobe, Shaq, and Bird overnight when he still isn't a better winner than any of them. Thank God for the Warriors otherwise the whole nation would be saying LeBron is the GOAT because of winning another Championship.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Kobe was better, I disagree. He was more clutch, had much better killer instinct, was a better scorer, and knew how to win more. It is a debate but like the other night LeBron just tends to disappear in Finals games like he did against the Spurs and Mavs. Kobe had 1 bad Finals his whole NBA career and that was against the Pistons in 2004. That particular series, Karl Malone got injured in Game 1 and Shaq wasn't the player he was during their 3-Peat. Kobe was a 1 man team in 2004. In 2008 the only other Finals series Kobe lost, he still played well, Pau Gasol stunk it up and Andrew Bynum was injured. If LeBron loses these Finals he will be 3-5 with guys he basically handpicked to be on his team. Kobe was 5-2. I would take Kobe's career over LeBron. You say I don't know how it went from LeBron not being better than MJ, to not being better than Kobe. I don't get for the life of me, how LeBron has jumped guys like Magic, Kareem, Kobe, Shaq, and Bird overnight when he still isn't a better winner than any of them.

Clutch....the most worthless thrown around term in sports. Like carrying your team for 46 minutes isn't enough and getting the ball to the right player for the best shot to win isn't clutch. Like avg a triple double isn't clutch. I mean look at Lebrons finals last couple years Lebron has done EVERYTHING. Scoring rebounding assisting and blocking last second layups to seal the win. I mean I've watched Lebron do everything. That Cavs team two years ago with nothing but Della on it he kept them in the series. Even the other night Lebron single handedly kept them in the game for 3 quarters. Funny your definition of disappearing is so different than mine. Guy scoring 28 puts 15 rebs and 8 assists but sure he disappears. Like I'm sure he did last year avg. 30 pts 12 rebs and 9 asts...but Kobe never disappeared like that in the finals I'm sure. That's a joke! Please don't make me defend Lebron but the Kobe thing...please...and I don't know why you have Kobe ahead of those guys...in my mind he isn't.

• Like 1

2006...I liked your Magic vs Lebron comparisons much better but vs Kobe....not feeling that. Like I said Kobe isn't even the greatest Laker and I'm not even sure I'd have him over Jerry West...he actually wouldn't even start on my all Laker team.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Clutch....the most worthless thrown around term in sports. Like carrying your team for 46 minutes isn't enough and getting the ball to the right player for the best shot to win isn't clutch. Like avg a triple double isn't clutch. I mean look at Lebrons finals last couple years Lebron has done EVERYTHING. Scoring rebounding assisting and blocking last second layups to seal the win. I mean I've watched Lebron do everything. That Cavs team two years ago with nothing but Della on it he kept them in the series. Even the other night Lebron single handedly kept them in the game for 3 quarters. Funny your definition of disappearing is so different than mine. Guy scoring 28 puts 15 rebs and 8 assists but sure he disappears. Like I'm sure he did last year avg. 30 pts 12 rebs and 9 asts...but Kobe never disappeared like that in the finals I'm sure. That's a joke! Please don't make me defend Lebron but the Kobe thing...please...

Basically you are saying it's a joke that anyone would think Kobe is better than LeBron. I just disagree with that comment. I would rather have Kobe. I liked his style of play better, it was just like Jordan's. LeBron is a lot like Magic but Magic was WAY more Clutch in the Finals than he was as well. Magic hit hook shots at the Buzzer and did so many incredible things late in games that I could probably list at least 20. Yes, LeBron is a great all-around player but he hasn't done anything that Magic, Kobe, ore Bird hasn't done. So what makes LeBron better than those 3 guys where he should just automatically be #2 behind Jordan? Oh I know because he plays today and is the best today? or is it he currently is the most popular player? I just think it's disrespectful for media heads to just totally dismiss Magic, Kobe, and Bird's career because LeBron is playing now. Makes no sense. 

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

2006...I liked your Magic vs Lebron comparisons much better but vs Kobe....not feeling that. Like I said Kobe isn't even the greatest Laker and I'm not even sure I'd have him over Jerry West...he actually wouldn't even start on my all Laker team.

Kobe is better than West, West is a Top 15 player of all-time IMO but Kobe is Top 5-10. My all-time Laker team would actually have West and Kobe on it. I would put Kobe at the 3.

PG Magic

SG West

SF Kobe - He has played some 3 in his career.

PF Worthy - I would put Worthy here, he played both SF/PF

C Kareem

39 minutes ago, dgambill said:

:agree:

43 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I've always said I'd take Kobe before LeBron. He is the closest thing we will ever see to Michael Jordan. I've always felt that way

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know but wouldn't it look bad if Kerr lost being on the sideline since the Warriors haven't lost a game yet?

Yes it would look bad lol. But no chance of that happening. I'm just glad I finally got my avatar though

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's the location they are in but I agree with you 100%, any team that plays in the state of Texas technically isn't a small market. Texas is a large state!

San Antonio is a huge city.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Yes it would look bad lol. But no chance of that happening. I'm just glad I finally got my avatar though

I noticed your avatar - great stuff! Yeah Go Warriors tonight but I am bit paranoid for this game. A lot of things, - Warriors are due for a loss, LeBron wont go down easy, Cavs played really bad the other night.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I've always said I'd take Kobe before LeBron. He is the closest thing we will ever see to Michael Jordan. I've always felt that way

Kobe was a fantastic scorer but didn't play defense like Michael did. Kobe also was not an assist guy and wasn't a rebounder either.

Say what you want about LeBron but his total game was much better than Kobe.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I noticed your avatar - great stuff! Yeah Go Warriors tonight but I am bit paranoid for this game. A lot of things, - Warriors are due for a loss, LeBron wont go down easy, Cavs played really bad the other night.

I understand the concern but there's no need to be. I have the utmost confidence in the Warriors

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Kobe was a fantastic scorer but didn't play defense like Michael did. Kobe also was not an assist guy and wasn't a rebounder either.

Total game without a doubt. But in crunch time, give me Kobe every single time

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Kobe did have 15 Rebounds in Game 7 vs Boston in 2010. When he wanted to he could Rebound and that was on the biggest stage possible. In the 2009 Finals, Kobe almost averaged a TDB for the series. I cant remember the numbers but he was way up there in Assists and Boards, it was over 7 for each I think and he was over 30 Points as well per game.

To each their own. Just because some people like players playing style or they had a certain attitude I don't think should factor into it. Personally I prefer a guy that effects the game in more ways than just scoring....take a read on these two links...notice who is on that list and who isn't...hmm can't find Kobe at all...funny. It's why I don't have Kobe above all Larrys, Magics, Lebrons, Mjs...etc. I'm not young...I'm 38 and seen plenty of basketball but rarely seen a player like Lebron...even if I can't stand him. Magic vs Lebron...love that comparison and Lebron isn't done but I think that is a great one.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1250901-ranking-the-10-greatest-individual-seasons-in-nba-history

https://sportslistoftheday.com/2013/11/14/nba-the-20-most-efficient-seasons-of-all-time-best-per/

4 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Total game without a doubt. But in crunch time, give me Kobe every single time

I don't think anyone disagrees at end of game scoring...but the game is 48 minutes long and Lebron is the better player for 47 out 48 minutes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I don't think anyone disagrees at end of game scoring...but the game is 48 minutes long and Lebron is the better player for 47 out 48 minutes.

Yes the first 47 minutes mean something as well. But that last minute is what separates the good from the elite

• Like 1

See my Post above, Kobe had 15 Rebounds in a Game 7 of the Finals vs Boston who had Garnett, Wallace, and Big Baby Davis. That is unheard of for a 2 Guard.

Yes the first 47 minutes mean something as well. But that last minute is what separates the good from the elite

This is why Bird has an argument to being better as well. Who do you want shooting in the last 5 minutes of a Finals game, LeBron or Bird? Bird all day IMO

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is why Bird has an argument to being better as well. Who do you want shooting in the last 5 minutes of a Finals game, LeBron or Bird? Bird all day IMO

I'm of the mindset that if a superstar is on the team, he takes the final shot. I understand making the right pass and all of that. But when it comes down to it, I want my superstar taking the final shot

• Like 1

I'm of the mindset that if a superstar is on the team, he takes the final shot. I understand making the right pass and all of that. But when it comes down to it, I want my superstar taking the final shot

I agree 100%. Even Magic who was the ultimate team player for a lot of each game still usually took the last shot, especially when Kareem got older.

• Like 1

Here are career numbers for efficiency...http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/per_career.html still no kobe and I realize that maybe that isn't the be all end all statistic to measure greatness but when the greats are all on this list and you add in NBA finals and championships and mvps etc to this list and it's hard for me to put Kobe above Lebron.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

See my Post above, Kobe had 15 Rebounds in a Game 7 of the Finals vs Boston who had Garnett, Wallace, and Big Baby Davis. That is unheard of for a 2 Guard.

But he didn't avg that for a series or for a season....he is a great player but let's not pretend Kobe effected the whole game and dominated every aspect of it the way Lebron or Magic have. He's a poor mans MJ....Lebron is nobodies poor man anything.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Here are career numbers for efficiency...http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/per_career.html still no kobe and I realize that maybe that isn't the be all end all statistic to measure greatness but when the greats are all on this list and you add in NBA finals and championships and mvps etc to this list and it's hard for me to put Kobe above Lebron.

PER is overrated IMO, of course LeBron is going to be more efficient as he is 6'9 250 pounds and plays inside more. I cant think of 1 SG that would be more efficient than him.

3 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I think they are technically considered a small market. I'm not sure why but I remember reading that somewhere before. Hard to believe any city in Texas is considered that.

It's considered a small market, but they've won many championships. And with Chris Paul there next year, the chance to get more is significantly better

• Like 2

But he didn't avg that for a series or for a season....he is a great player but let's not pretend Kobe effected the whole game and dominated every aspect of it the way Lebron or Magic have. He's a poor mans MJ....Lebron is nobodies poor man anything.

So being 2nd to Jordan is a Bad thing for Kobe at his position?