Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, BCoop said:

This really isn't that surprising. 

He has all kinds of talent but I've felt for a while that Moncrief only shows up once he's inside the 20. He's a TD vulture that disappears in the middle of the field.

I`ve never been under the impression D. Moncrief takes plays off or doesn`t give 100%. However, I don`t feel he`s been consistent enough to warrant 6m a year per say on the next contract. IMO he may have already hit his ceiling, which is 50 or so catches and 700 yds per season. 

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I`ve never been under the impression D. Moncrief takes plays off or doesn`t give 100%. However, I don`t feel he`s been consistent enough to warrant 6m a year per say on the next contract. IMO he may have already hit his ceiling, which is 50 or so catches and 700 yds per season. 

The problem is he has some nagging injuries that Ballard may see as something you need to play through.  I think he can be solid but when you spend a 1st round on a disaster know as Dorsett it does not look good for Moncreif if his numbers are lacking either.

1 minute ago, backshoulderfade said:

Wouldn't mind Mo Claiborne.

I was thinking the same thing. I believe PFF had him rated as their #13 CB last season. He looked like he finally put it together last season and a move to a mainly man coverage defense would be good for him.

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

What is he basing that on?   

Twitter is not to be trusted, imo.

Let's play Devil's Advocate for a moment.....maybe it is a ruse and they are going to trade TY if Jefferies is signed?  Bigger payout in terms of compensation and Moncrief's new deal wouldn't be as high as Jefferies or TY's?  It would still allow for Dorsett to remain in the slot and have 3 years left on his rookie deal.

2 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

AJ Bouye signing with the Jags.

If he plays to the hype, Jags looking to be a force next year

1 minute ago, Shive said:

I was thinking the same thing. I believe PFF had him rated as their #13 CB last season. He looked like he finally put it together last season and a move to a mainly man coverage defense would be good for him.

If we can get him, I seen somewhere that multiple teams were in on the hunt for him

I've wanted him since the end of last season always thought he needed to move to a man to man scheme he balled out when the boys started playing more man 

1 minute ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Let's play Devil's Advocate for a moment.....maybe it is a ruse and they are going to trade TY if Jefferies is signed?  Bigger payout in terms of compensation and Moncrief's new deal wouldn't be as high as Jefferies or TY's?  It would still allow for Dorsett to remain in the slot and have 3 years left on his rookie deal.

I would literally give my colts fanship if he ships ty

3 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Trade your #1 WR, who was the leading WR in yardage last season, to depend on 2 WR's that have trouble staying healthy.... I don't see any way that happens.

33 minutes ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

He's a big possession WR that's great in the red zone. He's also great beating man coverage and will allow single coverage to Hilton and Moncrief. 

I don't think anyone thinks of Alshon Jeffrey as a possession receiver.

He's asking for $14.5 Million per.     That's #1 receiver money that typically doesn't go to a possession receiver.

Just now, Shive said:

Trade your #1 WR, who was the leading WR in yardage last season to depend on 2 WR's that have trouble staying healthy.... I don't see any way that happens.

Just now, CR91 said:

I would literally give my colts fanship if he ships ty

Remember, I was playing "Devil's Advocate"....my assertion has as much merit as 90% of what you read on Twitter :)haha

Trade your #1 WR, who was the leading WR in yardage last season, to depend on 2 WR's that have trouble staying healthy.... I don't see any way that happens.

I could see it. The way I view Ballard and this roster right now, it kind of feels more and more like Luck, and probably Ryan Kelly, are the only 2 players that are really safe. Everyone else seems to be up for evaluation.

20 minutes ago, corgi said:

Why is Jacksonville not throwing money at Romo? Keep hearing Denver and Houston, Jacksonville would be way better with Romo.

Two reasons.     One,  Romo wouldn't go there.    Romo needs a team built to win NOW --- this season.   J'Ville,  even with all their money,  is not ready to make a deep run in the playoffs just yet.     Maybe soon,  but not yet.

And two,  not everyone loves Romo enough.      He gets hurt a lot.     You throw a ton of money at Romo and then he gets hurt again and then what?

Those are two very good reasons.

13 minutes ago, MPStack said:

When his time comes....   Moncrief is going to get a LOT more than $6 Mill per.

That's what happens in free agency......

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Probably Jamal Adams or malik hooker in the draft too

Not exactly, they've just signed (or look to sign) Barry Church at S and they already signed Tashaun Gipson a bit ago, so safety may not be a need (I hope this is the case as I want one of them to fall to us or close enough for us to trade up for.)

1 minute ago, GoColtsGo5150 said:

Not exactly, they've just signed (or look to sign) Barry Church at S and they already signed Tashaun Gipson a bit ago, so safety may not be a need (I hope this is the case as I want one of them to fall to us or close enough for us to trade up for.)

Maybe they are making a play to draft Fournette or Cook early??