Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay Tweets On Manning's Clearance

Tony Sullivan

i was staying neutral but now I'm officially on IRSAY'S side!

Looks to me like Peyton is forcing his hand.

If this is true, I say let him walk. he's no team player.

I don't think the nerve will be good enough now. Peyton's looking for another "free lunch". Let some other team pick up the check.

unless Peyton can throw with his left arm , he'll be no good to anyone.

i guess it's true about having no feeling in the nerve from his neck to the tricep and the atrophy.

BRING ON LUCK !

With Eli forcing SD's hand and now this....... starting to look like a couple spoiled brats to me.

Hope I'm wrong.

BINGO, you are spot on, but I still dont get i thought PM WAS ABOVE ALL THIS.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, and the sad part is that it seems to me like PM is really trying to keep it in the public eye, and I really don't

understand that,it is so unlike him.

The Colts are doing everything they can to get it out there that Peyton can't play anymore. If Peyton wants to play, he needs to counteract that idea. On Monday, everyone was saying it was almost sure Peyton would retire. Just because the media has been talking about it non stop doesn't mean Manning has really said very much. He gave an interview on Tuesday where he barely gave out any information. He's feeling positive about his health.

Maybe I am a bit slow but has anyone anywhere said that the nerves in Manning's arm have NOT regenerated? Or has anyone said that he is NOT throwing well? I am talking about an official confirmed source... not "so and so's third cousin, twice removed's best friends girlfriend who knows someone in the Colts organization..."

From what I have heard the only news that has come out has been the fusion took place and is solid. That was back in December. This new report pretty much says the exact same thing...

So there is just as much evidence for and against nerve regeneration. We will just have to wait and see after the superbowl.... or if a WR makes a statement that "Yeah, manning launched a 50 yarder with some zing on it the other day...."

Yes, there have been plenty of stories, rumors, and information from anonymous 'high ranking Colts officials' that say not only is Manning still having arm strength and nerve issues, but that those things have led to inconsistency, tingling remains, and there are times he can't even grip a football. Dan Le Batard reported this on Monday, NFL.com's official blog from staff writers covers this, Eisenberg from CBS Sports has reported this, and many more. There are absolutely stories out there which say Manning isn't remotely ready to play QB at a NFL level.

As is usually the case in life however, the truth is probably somewhere in between what the Manning camp is leaking, and what the Colts are leaking, which to me just furthers the likelihood that the decision was made some time ago and what we're living through is both camps doing their best to not look like the bad guy.

Easier said than done when you're pride is hurt. Irsay doesn't want Manning back

Maybe, but JI wanted him badly until his 3rd neck surgery in 19 months. We all love PM, but it seems like nobody can

understand JI side to this, who has been the counter puncher in this bout. I am disappointed in both of them for robbing the two super bowl teams that are here. Not very classy on eithers part. imo

not that I'm aware of

Dan Le Batard on his show on Monday (it could have been Tuesday, this week has been a blur) said specifically that he was told by a source who knows a high ranking Colts official that Manning still had moments when he couldn't even grip a football. I can go find some links and post them. It's not a difficult find - Google Manning can't grip a football, or any variation, and you'll find the articles. That's why the 'cleared to play' article yesterday was not news at all to me. We're still seeing polar opposite 'news' releases. Ready to go, and can't grip a football are about as far apart as things can get.

Maybe, but JI wanted him badly until his 3rd neck surgery in 19 months. We all love PM, but it seems like nobody can

understand JI side to this, who has been the counter puncher in this bout. I am disappointed in both of them for robbing the two super bowl teams that are here. Not very classy on eithers part. imo

In reality, neither have said very much this week. They each gave one interview and both were pretty politically correct in those. The rest is media driven.

Jim wanted Peyton badly until they landed the #1 pick.

I'd bet I could be cleared to play football, from a physical standpoint.

However, I am not capable of PERFORMING at an NFL level.

Performance is the only issue right now, if I understand correctly.

If training camp started today, and there was open competition between Luck & PM for the starting spot, it sounds like Luck wins the job hands down, and there's no telling when PM will be able to overcome it.

Right now Irsay is balancing way too many plates.

Someone just threw him another one, so he reacted by trying to balance that one with the most accessible tool available.

This is when I wish he didn't have a twitter account.

JMO

"there have been plenty of stories, rumors, and information from anonymous 'high ranking Colts officials"

I am sorry but a quote from an anonymous official doesn't cut it for me. Same with being told from a source who knows someone on the colts staff.... That's all hearsay...

Until I see a statement from PM or JI that says "The nerve isn't there" or "The nerve is fine" I am not believing any reports. All we KNOW for a fact is that the fusion has taken and PM continues to rehab. He is throwing to receivers and doing other football activities.

Anyone that says anything else is making stuff up or overexaggerating tidbits of info.

"there have been plenty of stories, rumors, and information from anonymous 'high ranking Colts officials"

I am sorry but a quote from an anonymous official doesn't cut it for me. Same with being told from a source who knows someone on the colts staff.... That's all hearsay...

Until I see a statement from PM or JI that says "The nerve isn't there" or "The nerve is fine" I am not believing any reports. All we KNOW for a fact is that the fusion has taken and PM continues to rehab. He is throwing to receivers and doing other football activities.

Anyone that says anything else is making stuff up or overexaggerating tidbits of info.

I'm not buying into it either - I'm just letting people know that Le Batard and La Confora have reported the same exact thing. Truth? Who knows. I don't think anyone knows the whole story right now, which is great for fan forums and wild speculation, but not so good for knowing the truth.

having a private Dr and allowing your dad to be with you on everything doesnt help matters. whose to say that Archie Manning didnt pay the surgeon off to clear manning so he would cash in? or how do we know these just arent stories being put out there off of speculation by the media? could it be possible that peyton is trying everything he can to stay on the team even if that means go as far as giving a false diagnosis to get the 28 mil picked up so he can remain a colt, and irsay to protect the colts franchise and his self tells him to take a physical and that he then failed and was not cleared by the colts doctors to play?

having a private Dr and allowing your dad to be with you on everything doesnt help matters. whose to say that Archie Manning didnt pay the surgeon off to clear manning so he would cash in? or how do we know these just arent stories being put out there off of speculation by the media? could it be possible that peyton is trying everything he can to stay on the team even if that means go as far as giving a false diagnosis to get the 28 mil picked up so he can remain a colt, and irsay to protect the colts franchise and his self tells him to take a physical and that he then failed and was not cleared by the colts doctors to play?

Wow...way to stretch things. This is a nationally known surgeon - one of the best in he field. He was chosen in cooperation with the Colts to perform the surgery. And since when was Archie at this doctor's appointment?

Yes, there have been plenty of stories, rumors, and information from anonymous 'high ranking Colts officials' that say not only is Manning still having arm strength and nerve issues, but that those things have led to inconsistency, tingling remains, and there are times he can't even grip a football. Dan Le Batard reported this on Monday, NFL.com's official blog from staff writers covers this, Eisenberg from CBS Sports has reported this, and many more. There are absolutely stories out there which say Manning isn't remotely ready to play QB at a NFL level.

As is usually the case in life however, the truth is probably somewhere in between what the Manning camp is leaking, and what the Colts are leaking, which to me just furthers the likelihood that the decision was made some time ago and what we're living through is both camps doing their best to not look like the bad guy.

Link?

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, February 3, 2012 - spam posted this 5 times
Hidden by Nadine, February 3, 2012 - spam posted this 5 times

The Fleecing of the Colts Fans by Payton Manning:

As A fan of the Colts; I pay for the team to be able to operate. I buy the tickets, I buy the jerseys and other things liked signed footballs. I plan my families vacations so we as a family can cheer on our hero’s and it takes my life’s saving every year to make this happen.

This is why I feel Payton Manning is doing nothing but stealing from us when he signed his last contract, Knowing full well he wasn’t going to play, and still don’t know if he will be playing next year, and if so, at best will be a rookie season all over again.

Payton should be ashamed of himself for demanding payment of 28 million dollars for a bench-warmer full of what-if’s. That’s my families money don’t you think?

If the Colts can afford to pay Washed-up Garry Collins 4 million to get his butt kicked for 3 games, I am sure they would be willing to pay our bench warmer the same for a chance for both side to be proved worthy next season.

Hey Payton we want our money back, You get paid to play, so you don’t collect multi-millions until you are able to EARN THEM!!!

What happens if we pay the 28million and Payton is still worthless? We the fans LOSE while we regroup with our first round draft pick we so earned this season.

I just hope it is for Payton’s replacement after a refund from him, and the Colts learned a valuable lesson. “Never Give Your QB Every Snap in Practice”. A team must have a back-up QB that has some Gel Time with the team to be able to help the team. In all honesty Painter would have been a great Colts QB if he knew what to do with a team; or more to the point if the team knew how to play with him… Football is still a TEAM sport isn’t it?

Does that make JI a fool, no. 31 other owners in JIs situation would be forced to do the same thing, if he were to pass on Luck and keep a 36 year old QB coming off three neck surgeries, he would be laughed at.

Wait for the laughter if Manning tears up the league and Luck completely busts like so many other recent Pac-10 quarterbacks

link please...

all reports I have read state that Indy's team doc's have not looked at him.

I could be wrong.. but ... this is big info if Colt doctors clear him..

here is your link http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7534274/sources-peyton-manning-medically-cleared-resume-nfl-career?eleven=twelve

if you read, the Colts Team doctor's name is Hank Feuer...this is from today, still stating that he said that....there were SEVERAL other sources/links yesterday stating the same

Link?

Look up in the thread for one from CNN. I can't invite everyone over for a couple beers now to watch Le Batard's show from earlier in the week when he said it - but his shows are available on ESPN, not sure whether they are complete shows or not though. La Confora is quoted in the CNN piece, so surely people can find it in his tweets or articles on NFL.com.

I'm not suggesting any of these stories are true. I am mentioning what I heard and what I've read.

BINGO, you are spot on, but I still dont get i thought PM WAS ABOVE ALL THIS.

Are you serious.

Ever thought they are trying to do damage control from all the MEDIA hype. Manning wasnt hyping it, the MEDIA was and is. They thrust him and Irsay into it, damage control is what i see.

Edited by Coltssouth
Inappropriate

I would be willing to bet Peyton did not authorize the release of this information. There's NO WAY Peyton would want to over-shadow Eli in the Super Bowl. How many people do you think potentially had access to the information regarding Peyton's clearance to play? Certainly the doctors. Maybe the nurses in the office? Possibly any other staff people in the office? It only takes 1 person to let the new loose then you have a snow ball. I've seen it happen many times in the corporate environment. Someone gets some info, then they go to a co-worker and say "don't tell anyone else but...". Well, that person does tell someone else. Everyone tells everyone "don't tell anyone else".

NO WAY Peyton let this out...

Are you freakin serious. Fans like you two are the ones acting like spoiled brats. Its disgusting.

Ever thought they are trying to do damage control from all the MEDIA hype. Manning wasnt hyping it, the MEDIA was and is. They thrust him and Irsay into it, damage control is what i see.

I think your blinders are getting in your way, but I respect your opinion. Sorry to inform you of this, but age and health are major issues here.

No, I think based on Condon's interview, Peyton did let it out (or more specifically Tom Condon did) The word on the street was that it was in Peyton's best interest not to play again. They let it be known that he's in no danger by playing.

I still don't think Peyton would want that out 2 days before Eli is in the Super Bowl. There's plenty of time after.

I think your blinders are getting in your way, but I respect your opinion. Sorry to inform you of this, but age and health are major issues here.

No, its called not being Norman Negative. Slapping names around about Manning. Calling him a spoiled brat without knowing all the facts is junior high. I thought we were above that type of thing. Guess not.

I would be willing to bet Peyton did not authorize the release of this information. There's NO WAY Peyton would want to over-shadow Eli in the Super Bowl. How many people do you think potentially had access to the information regarding Peyton's clearance to play? Certainly the doctors. Maybe the nurses in the office? Possibly any other staff people in the office? It only takes 1 person to let the new loose then you have a snow ball. I've seen it happen many times in the corporate environment. Someone gets some info, then they go to a co-worker and say "don't tell anyone else but...". Well, that person does tell someone else. Everyone tells everyone "don't tell anyone else".

http://blogs.indystar.com/philb/2012/02/02/manning-doctor-statement-what-was-wasnt-said/#more-4347

According to Phil B, the doctor's PR firm released the news of 'cleared to play' yesterday. Condon, in Manning's interest, or on his behalf, or Manning himself, had to approve that decision, I would think based on HIPPA requirements. It is in Manning's best interest to report he can play football again - as far as the neck goes. Nobody else stands to gain from that announcement, except maybe the doctor himself for future clients. It doesn't change the Colts cap, free agents, first pick in the draft, 2-14 supporting roster, or the 3/8 bonus deadline. It announces to the world PM's doctor's have said he can play again.

Everyone has an agenda with this. Manning as much as Irsay.

No, I think based on Condon's interview, Peyton did let it out (or more specifically Tom Condon did) The word on the street was that it was in Peyton's best interest not to play again. They let it be known that he's in no danger by playing.

If I was a betting person I would bet Condon let this out but that is just my take on it.

No, its called not being Norman Negative. Slapping names around about Manning. Calling him a spoiled brat without knowing all the facts is junior high. I thought we were above that type of thing. Guess not.

I have the utmost respect for PM, however I do feel that he AND JI both have done exactly what they said they would not do.By the way I am a huge PM fan and would put the money I have spent on PM GARB up against anyones. I just get the feeling everyone is going to lay this on a great owner who has no more control over age and injury then Manning does. Remember this is our weekend entertainment, it is JI and PMs livelihood,so I am sure this is hurting them both worse than us. I will always be a Colts fan no matter who is behind center and be thankful to PM FOR ALL HE HAS MEANT TO THIS CITY AND FRANCHISE.

I think it's quite the opposite. It appears to me that although both Manning and Irsay are saying one thing, their actions are portaying another. If they had a meeting to discuss their previous spat, then it appears that they had a full discussion on Peyton Manning's future. It is now aparent to Manning that he will be released, dispite his helath. So he is now letting all of the other teams in the league know that he is healthy and cleared to play. Since during this week he has a large audience, with all eyes on football, now is the best time to release this information. His plan has worked, as now every team has heard about his physical clearance to play. He is trying to erase any doubt that teams may have about signing a QB coming off of a 3rd neck surgery. He specifically mentioned that he is throwing to receivers so that if you are a GM of another team, you hear that he is cleared to play and is throwing to actual receivers, not just team equipment guys.