Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Insightful Article On Peyton Manning's Future

King Colt

8 hours ago, King Colt said:

Funny, I read the posts on this subject and not one of them went in to the depth this article did probably because most of the posts here are not based on any insight in to the subject so beer soaked garble is substituted.

It's been covered.   Two weeks ago

Ah, the elusive "NFL Sources"!

Irsay has dinner with Gruden.  NFL Sources (the waiter, who has no idea what they're talking about) calls the media.  He's our next HC!

Tom Benson gets a call about a Colt 45 he's wants to trade for, but the owner wants him to Pay a ton for it.  NFL Sources (the cleaning lady who walks by the office) alerts the media.

Irsay calls about the Peyton Manning statue.  He wants a General idea when they're Managing to bring it to Indy...  fill in the blanks Brad Wells...

On February 7, 2017 at 7:59 AM, King Colt said:

At TheMMQB.com click on "Your Team" then "Indianapolis" and you will find an article on Peyton's future with or without the Colts.

I won't make fun of you or make you feel foolish about the timing of this thread. Thanks King Colt. The link, posted by Jvan73, still has value even though INDY picked a different GM because if John Lynch is the new GM in San Fran; then all front office options are open for Manning easy. 

No worries KC. It's all good. No harm done. :hat:

15 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I won't make fun of you or make you feel foolish about the timing of this thread. Thanks King Colt. The link, posted by Jvan73, still has value even though INDY picked a different GM because if John Lynch is the new GM in San Fran; then all front office options are open for Manning easy. 

No worries KC. It's all good. No harm done. :hat:

The timing is not the issue rather, the content offered in this article is. Until my post the only things posted on the subject were opinions of fans that know very little versus persons with actual access to valid information. Don't lose sight of the fact that 90% of the posts on all internet sights are useless opinions based on emotion rather than knowledge.   

43 minutes ago, King Colt said:

The timing is not the issue rather, the content offered in this article is. Until my post the only things posted on the subject were opinions of fans that know very little versus persons with actual access to valid information. Don't lose sight of the fact that 90% of the posts on all internet sights are useless opinions based on emotion rather than knowledge.   

Like your random made up stat of 90%???

47 minutes ago, King Colt said:

This exact article was indeed posted two weeks ago.

We need to lay off this and just see where it goes.

Elway retired after the 1998 season.  

He didn't take his job in the Arena League until 2003.  That's a full 5 years after retirement.  

He didn't take on any role with the Broncos until 2011.  That's 13 years after he retired.

Peyton Manning has been retired for 1 year.  

If Peyton comes back for a front office job with the Colts.  It may be some time before that actually happens.

If he waits as long as Elway did to go take a job with the Broncos then you are talking about the late 2020's.  And if he took that long, who could blame him?  He has the ability now to spend a lot of time with his kids watching them grow up.  I'm not sure I'd want to give that up for a job that you would have to work even more hours then you did when you where a player.  

And who's to say that if he takes a front office job it will be with the Colts?  What if he's good buddies with Elway and Elway brings him on has his protege so that Manning takes over the front office when Elway retires from it??

maxresdefault.jpg

9 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

We need to lay off this and just see where it goes.

Elway retired after the 1998 season.  

He didn't take his job in the Arena League until 2003.  That's a full 5 years after retirement.  

He didn't take on any role with the Broncos until 2011.  That's 13 years after he retired.

Peyton Manning has been retired for 1 year.  

If Peyton comes back for a front office job with the Colts.  It may be some time before that actually happens.

If he waits as long as Elway did to go take a job with the Broncos then you are talking about the late 2020's.  And if he took that long, who could blame him?  He has the ability now to spend a lot of time with his kids watching them grow up.  I'm not sure I'd want to give that up for a job that you would have to work even more hours then you did when you where a player.  

And who's to say that if he takes a front office job it will be with the Colts?  What if he's good buddies with Elway and Elway brings him on has his protege so that Manning takes over the front office when Elway retires from it??

maxresdefault.jpg

I do think if he takes an FO job it won't be with the Colts but I don't see it with Denver either. 

On 2/10/2017 at 7:52 PM, CF4L said:

I do think if he takes an FO job it won't be with the Colts but I don't see it with Denver either. 

I think those are the only 2 teams that would hire him for that job.  

I mean if the dude wanted to be a quarterback's coach he could probably get hired anywhere.  But that's pretty much starting close to the bottom rung of coaching. 

But for front office jobs, teams will tend to look at the traditional routes except perhaps with players with a legacy with that team.  

3 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I mean if the dude wanted to be a quarterback's coach he could probably get hired anywhere.  But that's pretty much starting close to the bottom rung of coaching. 

maybe he pulls a farve and coaches high school some where.  QB coach would probably be too much work with too little pay for a guy thats worth 200 million.  he could just retire and make commercials for more than that

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

maybe he pulls a farve and coaches high school some where.  QB coach would probably be too much work with too little pay for a guy thats worth 200 million.  he could just retire and make commercials for more than that

Most likely if he did any of this, it would be something to keep him busy or keep him close to the game.  I don't think any of these jobs would have enough pay to make it worth his while on that level.  He's already got enough money (and some businesses) to not have to worry about working if he doesn't want to.

The commercials will run out eventually the longer he's retired.  But he'll have them for a little while because he's got personality.  

5 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

I think those are the only 2 teams that would hire him for that job.  

But for front office jobs, teams will tend to look at the traditional routes except perhaps with players with a legacy with that team.  

John Lynch was hired by the 49ers and he never played for them so I disagree with this. But I don't see him wanting to be in the FO despite what the media purports. 

22 hours ago, CF4L said:

John Lynch was hired by the 49ers and he never played for them so I disagree with this. But I don't see him wanting to be in the FO despite what the media purports. 

Jed York is the dumbest owner in the NFL.  I suppose maybe after Lynch screws up the 49'ers he could take a crack at Peyton.  But I doubt Peyton would want to GM for such a dumb owner.  

4 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Jed York is the dumbest owner in the NFL.  I suppose maybe after Lynch screws up the 49'ers he could take a crack at Peyton.  But I doubt Peyton would want to GM for such a dumb owner.  

49ers are probably the worse ran franchise in the league. After the way did Harbaugh I am surprised anyone with a great track record would want anything to do with that owner.

2 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Yet you think he wants to return to the Colts because he used to play here?

I just don't see him wanting to join an FO anywhere and if he does he will want an ownership stake something I don't think Irsay is willing to concede(not really him his daughters)