Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Ballard press conference 1/30

ColtsPacersfan

If I duplicated a post about what time  is the press conference today. I will say I am sorry and admins can lock up this thread. But I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled this morning and I am still not all focused on reading the forum . LOL  But does anyone know what time the press conference Is for  today to introduce Chris Ballard to the Colts? I believe I heard on the news last night that Irsay said that there will be a press conference today?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

not expecting to hear anything we dont already know at this point

there are several reports out there now that say Ballard is fine with Pagano for 2017

there were several reports saying Grigson was good for 2017.... your point?

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

there were several reports saying Grigson was good for 2017.... your point?

i didnt see those

i did see conflicting reports about pagano specifically.  i tend to believe what irsay says over media reports too

now we have "reports" and word from irsay about pagano

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i didnt see those

i did see conflicting reports about pagano specifically.  i tend to believe what irsay says over media reports too

now we have "reports" and word from irsay about pagano

im just saying, i've learned one thing in this whole debacle, anytime i see "reports" i take it with a grain of salt.  Keep in mind, Ballard could look at Irsay and convince him to let Chuck go in the coming days.  Honestly, I'd say Chuck isn't safe for the 2017 season until FA starts.  Realistically, I think he is still gonna be here but its not 100% that Irsay wont change his mind.

35 minutes ago, csmopar said:

See my above post.  Im just saying that I can see Irsay changing his mind....

You are more than welcome to think whatever you would like but I think Irsay has made his decision and if he hadn't he wouldn't have come out and publicly said Chuck was going to be the coach for 2017.  I think if he was still thinking about removing Chuck he would have said he remained under review like he did with Caldwell.  I think Irsay went after the coaches he wanted and didn't get them and doesn't want another combo of first time head coach with first time GM in their rookie years.

also it's one thing to doubt reports as they can be false and often are but when the Owner says it in public that's not a report anymore.  That's him telling people what he is or isn't going to do.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

You are more than welcome to think whatever you would like but I think Irsay has made his decision and if he hadn't he wouldn't have come out and publicly said Chuck was going to be the coach for 2017.  I think if he was still thinking about removing Chuck he would have said he remained under review like he did with Caldwell.  I think Irsay went after the coaches he wanted and didn't get them and doesn't want another combo of first time head coach with first time GM in their rookie years.

also it's one thing to doubt reports as they can be false and often are but when the Owner says it in public that's not a report anymore.  That's him telling people what he is or isn't going to do.

i agree, I'm just simply saying i can see Irsay's mind changing, does that mean I think it will, no, I think Pagano is back in 2017.  But I also wont rule out Ballard talking irsay into changing HC  Granted its a 99.9% chance it wont happen.

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

Presser is on now. Irsay speaks of Pagano being the coach, further confirming that. Also says Ballard will be working with Jimmy Raye, so I assume Raye will stay also.

Thanks.  There are probably a bunch of us who can't access it from work.

I'm sure the question will be asked - "What are your expectations for the Colts in 2017?"  And I expect a standard -"Improvement in all phases of the game" answer. 

If anything exciting happens, I'm sure it will show up here.

Just now, Smonroe said:

Thanks.  There are probably a bunch of us who can't access it from work.

I'm sure the question will be asked - "What are your expectations for the Colts in 2017?"  And I expect a standard -"Improvement in all phases of the game" answer. 

If anything exciting happens, I'm sure it will show up here.

They'll post it on the website later today, I'm sure. I don't intend to transcribe it or anything, just a couple things that stuck out to me so far.