Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pat Mcaffe did not hold back about Grigson LOL

ColtsPacersfan

1 hour ago, Buck Showalter said:

He is positioning himself for a career in comedy for his post-NFL career. So as far as a clowns basic role in making people laugh you are correct, Pat is definitely a clown. But he is also a clown that helped raise over 150 grand to help aid Indiana residents in need of tornado relief, a clown who has a foundation that doles out scholarships to veterns family members, & a clown who goes above & beyond aiding the wounded warrior efforts. He is a clown that has accomplished all of this before the age of 30...

He also happens to be among the best at his position in one of the world's most competitive sports leagues...

What a clown...

This post wins the thread

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/23/2017 at 11:30 PM, Buck Showalter said:

It is also an interesting coincidence that the locker room seems to have deteriorated immensely under Grigson & Paganos tenure, which again, May be telling about both, but the players don't seem to hold issue with Pagano, so, I guess I'm just surprised Colts fans aren't just excited about Irsay taking the initiative to bring some stability back to the organization...

People are complaining that Pat had the "audacity" to speak out regarding a man who fostered a hostile work environment. A man should never be criticized for speaking up against something he feels is wrong.

The fan base should be excited about this change but many NFL fans are willing to quietly be treated to a poor product and continue to shell out the dollars.  This organization has been on a down slide for a couple of years now and Grigson was a major reason.  LET US CELEBRATE A LITTLE! There is a light in the storm our beloved team has weathered.

On 23/01/2017 at 8:42 PM, braveheartcolt said:

Had Pat's team mates all called him a jerk for his swimming antics, would he have appreciated that? On reflection, he would probably just laugh it off. Now I don't know what point I'm trying to make. Anyway, I'm with the minority who think he should have kept out of it. Not a lot to gain from it, rather than to gain more publicity....

He want's to be a TV star after he retires from football, right.........

And a bunch of you are surprised? There is nothing about all this that should be a surprise. His 'look at me' antics always did irritate me, but he is a good guy. Let's shed no tears and wish him well. The next Mike Scifres is just waiting in the wings......

he's done a lot of great things, but this was self serving af....  albeit unique, i give him credit for that, but if as big a personality as Chad Johnson couldn't make it in self-owned media pst career, Pat Mac is done af......  no one cares about 30 yr old millionairres doing frat boy stuff all summer long....

seriously, next summer, how many people will care about Pat's stories from Cabo like they did this year?   If he isn't on the team, he's just another guy..... he's not by any means a bad guy, but why would it be any more funny or relevant than your drunk neighbors stories from Cabo at your labor day cookout?

On 1/24/2017 at 0:14 PM, Buck Showalter said:

He is positioning himself for a career in comedy for his post-NFL career. So as far as a clowns basic role in making people laugh you are correct, Pat is definitely a clown. But he is also a clown that helped raise over 150 grand to help aid Indiana residents in need of tornado relief, a clown who has a foundation that doles out scholarships to veterns family members, & a clown who goes above & beyond aiding the wounded warrior efforts. He is a clown that has accomplished all of this before the age of 30...

He also happens to be among the best at his position in one of the world's most competitive sports leagues...

What a clown...

And now he's a bum to a lot of the very people who were applauding him for being a clown two weeks ago because he was saying what they wanted to hear.  Now that he's doing the same clown act but not giving them news they want to hear he's a bum.  

I love Pat and thankful for what he did here, and as you pointed out that goes well beyond football, but felt like when he spoke out against Grigson he was being a bit of a clown.  So I am not shocked to see his announcement be very clownish.  It's who Pat is.  It that very thing that made him so beloved here but now that he's walking away to further that people are pissed at him.

personally I feel like if he has the money and wants to go do something else do it.  There is no law that says if you can play football you have to play it until your body can't do it anymore.  I am thankful for all the great memories he provided and I wish him the best going forward.  I also have no doubt the Colts can and will move on from this.  This isn't Andrew Luck retiring, no offense to Pat.  Punters can be and often are replaced with ease, even the really good ones like Pat.  

5 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

he's done a lot of great things, but this was self serving af....  albeit unique, i give him credit for that, but if as big a personality as Chad Johnson couldn't make it in self-owned media pst career, Pat Mac is done af......  no one cares about 30 yr old millionairres doing frat boy stuff all summer long....

Isn't every person who retires being self serving?   It's his body, and his life.  Hopefully he will be on Bob and Tom more often 

On 1/24/2017 at 9:14 AM, Buck Showalter said:

What a clown...

Heckuva post!

Nicely done BUCK!!      Way to CRUSH it!!

:colts:

6 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I guess this explains his outburst, he probably already knew he wasn't coming back so there would be no consequences. Dang, I'm gonna miss watching him.

Yeah he didn't make Grigson sound very favorable, in his eyes to say the least!!!!

haha 

Heard Pat on JMV's show a little bit ago and described the relationship between him and Grigson as "hate". Said Grigson did not like him at all and he feels if it were not for Jim Irsay he would have been let go by Grigson.  Also said during negotiations that Grigson basically said he was a nobody and not important to the franchise at all.  Interesting listen. Also sounds like Pats knee issues were a large part in this decision. He said there were times this year he could hardly walk the day after a practice.

1 minute ago, indy1888 said:

Heard Pat on JMV's show a little bit ago and described the relationship between him and Grigson as "hate". Said Grigson did not like him at all and he feels if it were not for Jim Irsay he would have been let go by Grigson.  Also said during negotiations that Grigson basically said he was a nobody and not important to the franchise at all.  Interesting listen. Also sounds like Pats knee issues were a large part in this decision. He said there were times this year he could hardly walk the day after a practice.

Also mentioned how if he still would have retired to start his own comedy production company had Barstool Sports not offer him a job.

8 minutes ago, Superman said:

What's "clownish" about his announcement? Did I miss something?

I thought the way it went down on that show was a bit clownish.  Not a bad thing.  Honestly it fit who Pat is.  He does things differently than what the "rules" say you should do like having a traditional press conference at the team complex to announce your retirement.  Instead he went to a comedy group, that he is joining, and announced it on a comedy channel in away that was sorta seemed like a mocking retirement press conference.  Again, not bad it's who Pat is.  He's different so it fits him.

23 minutes ago, Superman said:

What's "clownish" about his announcement? Did I miss something?

I mean he got out of a tiny car with like 35 guys wearing giant shoes and baggy pants. Or that was an episode of the Simpsons I was watching earlier.