Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tony Romo wants to play for Denver

RockThatBlue

8 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The Broncos don't want him

How do you know this? Where is your source? They just said they are not inclined to trade for him..Im sure they hope Jones releases him based on loyalty much like the Colts did for Manning..I still can't believe Colts were dumb enough to not trade him to Broncos and get draft picks in return like the Packers did with Favre..

4 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

How do you know this? Where is your source? They just said they are not inclined to trade for him..Im sure they hope Jones releases him based on loyalty much like the Colts did for Manning..I still can't believe Colts were dumb enough to not trade him to Broncos and get draft picks in return like the Packers did with Favre..

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tony-romo-eyes-broncos-as-no-1-spot-but-they-dont-want-to-trade-for-him/amp/?client=ms-android-verizon

They aren't going to trade for his huge salary

Just now, jvan1973 said:

That doesn't mean they don't want him..Like I said, they are hoping he is released..If they do have to trade im sure they'll ask the Cowboys to pay a portion of his salary..I guarantee they want him he would make them instant contenders IF he can stay healthy..

3 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

That doesn't mean they don't want him..Like I said, they are hoping he is released..If they do have to trade im sure they'll ask the Cowboys to pay a portion of his salary..I guarantee they want him he would make them instant contenders IF he can stay healthy..

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/01/07/ed-werder-broncos-gm-john-elway-little-interest-tony-romo

11 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

So they are supposed to come out and say they really want him and will do anything to get him and give up all their leverage? ?? They are doing the dance you should understand that...I think chances are pretty high he ends up in Denver, they don't want to waste the short window they have on that championship defense developing a QB...

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

So they are supposed to come out and say they really want him and will do anything to get him and give up all their leverage? ?? They are doing the dance you should understand that...I think chances are pretty high he ends up in Denver, they don't want to waste the short window they have on that championship defense developing a QB...

Ed werder is far more credible than wells or any other twitter reporter.   He said elway has little to no interest in romo.   It's right in the article I just posted

From what I've read.....the acquistition of Mike McCoy (former SD head coach) as offensive coordinator and Bill Musgrave (former Oakland OC) ias QB coach is specifically to create an offense for and work with Paxton Lynch...

They (Elway) still thinks he can be very, very good if he's coached up

Edited by oldunclemark
spelling

2 hours ago, Gramz said:

Houston should be in the market... :dunno: 

Bill Obreins offense is a perfect fit for Romo. They need a qb that can make those quick accurate throws. Tony is still a very good qb. Tony has a beautiful home in Texas already and if he gets released Houston with a great defense would be a perfect fit for him.

Just now, dgambill said:

Bill Obreins offense is a perfect fit for Romo. They need a qb that can make those quick accurate throws. Tony is still a very good qb. Tony has a beautiful home in Texas already and if he gets released Houston with a great defense would be a perfect fit for him.

I agree.   I was being serious when I said that.    Houston would have beat the Pats last night (the way the Pats were playing)   if they had a decent, experienced QB in the game.

3 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I agree.   I was being serious when I said that.    Houston would have beat the Pats last night (the way the Pats were playing)   if they had a decent, experienced QB in the game.

They should have even with a not very good one. They didn't make the most of those turnovers that they should have...but that Fuller drop early in the 4th quarter that could have tied it up or well made it a 1 or game was HUGE. That was their chance. NE doesn't beat themselves often but they have Houston plenty of chances to win that game and they ALL didn't make plays when they needed to not just Brock. I do think a good vet qb would have helped. I think it also takes pressure off of guys that they don't have to do something special to win. Just do your job. When you got a qb like Brock or a backup you press and try too hard because you don't trust you will have more chances to win.

Nobody should trade for Romo with his age, salary, and injury history but if he can stay healthy and the right team gets him, he can make them a super bowl contender. 

The Vikings, Texans, and Broncos would be the best teams but I just don't think Romo will take a pay cut or stay healthy.

7 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Nobody should trade for Romo with his age, salary, and injury history but if he can stay healthy and the right team gets him, he can make them a super bowl contender. 

The Vikings, Texans, and Broncos would be the best teams but I just don't think Romo will take a pay cut or stay healthy.

The Vikings?? No way I see that happening

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

I don't think any of the three will happen I just think those are the best fits. Bradford played well but he was just managing the game and had nowhere near the impact Romo would have.

They also have bridgewater.   They paid a heavy price for Bradford.   No way they are in play for romo.   

21 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

If I remember right the deadline on his roster bonus made a trade impossible.  

I'm not sure if that was because a trade couldn't be legally conducted during that time or if it was because other teams didn't want to take on a big roster bonus from a QB who's neck was hurt.  

Romo has a pretty big salary for a guy who's basically been hurt for 2 straight seasons.

On January 15, 2017 at 5:42 PM, jshipp23 said:

Cardinals could be in play for Romo too...

Solid landing spot for Romo since Carson Palmer doesn't exactly seem clutch anymore in AZ. 

I totally forgot about Bruce & the red birds man. Nice work JS23. I like the cut of your jib. Translation: You're a darn good poster & know your stuff man. 

On January 15, 2017 at 5:29 PM, Colts_Fan12 said:

Would be really bad for us 

As much as it pains me to say this, Tony Romo when healthy is very dangerous & would be a thorn in INDY's side if he entered the AFC South.

I'd break out in cold sweats if the guy could play like 16 weeks for say 3 years straight, but his body is breaking down so let him come to Houston & grab a clipboard & headset. I'm game.