Heat Increasing for Answers

Coltsfan1284

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

This will make things weird.

If Irsay doesn't go after somebody else, we're going into next season with a coach who knows his boss tried to replace him. This is like the worst thing that could've happened to the team, not the fans, but the team IMO. 

So Pagano is now Dead Man Walking. Great.

Next season officially just went down the f@#king toilet.

:explode:

Edit: Not because Pagano stays, but because Irsay made a vote of no confidence on Pagano. Who can be a successful HC under those circumstances?

7 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

This will make things weird.

If Irsay doesn't go after somebody else, we're going into next season with a coach who knows his boss tried to replace him. This is like the worst thing that could've happened to the team, not the fans, but the team IMO. 

Techincally, he has tried to replace Pagano twice now.  He looked around last year too.  At least Irsay can't deny he tried this time. I guess he could, but nobody is going to believe him.

Just now, indy1888 said:

Techincally, he has tried to replace Pagano twice now.  He looked around last year too.  At least Irsay can't deny he tried this time. I guess he could, but nobody is going to believe him.

What a boost of confidence from Irsay! Go get em Chuck!

Just now, indy1888 said:

JMV is saying that if the plan is anything other then status quo now, he hasn't heard it yet.  Great.  Get ready for another wasted year and then probably this circus all over again next January.

Pagano will need therapy come next January. Will I stay or will I go now?

It's nice to know Irsay is out trying to upgrade this team, he has to pursue people to get a yes or no answer.

Pagano  being labeled lame duck now is kinda laughable. Everyone knows that if they can't produce,their job security is gone. 

Also I wouldn't count out more prospects until Irsay himself states he is moving forward with Pagano. 

16 minutes ago, Mr Clueless said:

So Pagano is now Dead Man Walking. Great.

Next season officially just went down the f@#king toilet.

:explode:

Edit: Not because Pagano stays, but because Irsay made a vote of no confidence on Pagano. Who can be a successful HC under those circumstances?

Personally I think that was Pagano's problem this season.  Despite being resigned, I think he basically had to beg for his job and realized Irsay doesn't have much confidence in him.   At this point, Irsay is almost forced to make a move.  

According to Adam Schefter, Irsay attempted to go after McDaniels/Caserio before the whole Gruden thing, although Irsay denied it, so not exactly a surprise that he would go for Gruden. I wouldn't count McDaniels/Caserio out until they ink a deal elsewhere. 

I've been of the mindset that he gets 1 more season with the team. With all of the new coaches and schemes, it takes a while for the team to get it all and gel. This would be the make or break season for Grigs and Pagano. Now who the hell knows how this will go....

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

According to Adam Schefter, Irsay attempted to go after McDaniels/Caserio before the whole Gruden thing, although Irsay denied it, so not exactly a surprisemail that he wounderstands go for Gruden. I wouldn't count McDaniels/Caserio out until they ink a deal elsewhere. 

That doesn't make sense

This is all going to go to Irsays' front door. The media is going to cry fowl, for whatever reason. 

At least this is strong evidence that Irsay either get's the fans antipathy or really does want to make a change. 

Something is going to happen, but it's looking like another year with Chuckles and the D student. 

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

If he hears a little birdie say we want him...Have to avoid tampering...They might fire him anyways, sounds like a Baalke, Harbaugh situation...

If they were gonna fire him,  They wouldn't release a statement they aren't interested in trading him

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

If they were gonna fire him,  They wouldn't release a statement they aren't interested in trading him

What are they supposed to say before a playoff game? I wouldn't want to trade for him anyways unless its a late round pick..

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

They weren't asked,  They released a statement.

Because of rumor and speculation. ..Remind you of something?  They just didn't want questions or distractions before playoff game...Means nothing..Our situation should prove that much..Apparently Pagano was safe too. ..Howd that work out so far?

Just now, jshipp23 said:

Because of rumor and speculation. ..Remind you of something?  They just didn't want questions or distractions before playoff game...Means nothing..Our situation should prove that much..Apparently Pagano was safe too. ..Howd that work out so far?

So far?  Pretty good.  He is still the coach