Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Heat Increasing for Answers

Coltsfan1284

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, 12to13 said:

There's isn't going to be any word from Irsay period. He just resigned them last year.

I understand the cynicism of the fanbase after having to hear all of the hot air out of Chuck Pagano for the past 5 seasons, but IMO it would be naive to think Irsay's not looking at other options right now.

3 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I meant John. They said John is somebody to keep your eye on in reference to being a Colts coaching candidate down the road.

To me, that seems odd when they're so confident in Gruden being hired.

go read the ENTIRE tweet conversation.  They listed 6 reasons as to why Jim would be less likely to coach for the Colts is because his brother John was Head Coach in the same conference and wouldn't want to coach against him in the same conference.

Lets Knock 'Em Down @letsknockemdown
3rd, Harbaugh hated competing against his brother. He WILL NOT join a team in the same conference.

4th, the most interesting piece is that Jim Harbaugh did bring his brother up as a possibility. This is before the Ravens retained him.
5th, it's interesting to note, Jim & John's sister lives in Bloomington. John coaching in Indy would bring the family close together.
6th, John Harbaugh won't be a candidate this year, but he may a name to remember in the future.

Now, IF the Colts stick with the current staff and the current staff fails again in 2017, then this "future" comment would be applicable.  But considering that the Ravens are retaining him, unless Irsay pulls a trade, John is completely off the table.

I have read the whole conversation.

All I'm saying is, Lets Knock 'Em Down is essentially acting like Gruden to the Colts will happen. Even if they are asked about Jim, why would they even bring up John's name as a possible candidate down the road when they seem to know that Gruden is our next HC?

So it's not some "oh they're lying!" thing, it's just weird to me.

12 minutes ago, csmopar said:

go read the ENTIRE tweet conversation.  They listed 6 reasons as to why Jim would be less likely to coach for the Colts is because his brother John was Head Coach in the same conference and wouldn't want to coach against him in the same conference.

3rd, Harbaugh hated competing against his brother. He WILL NOT join a team in the same conference.

4th, the most interesting piece is that Jim Harbaugh did bring his brother up as a possibility. This is before the Ravens retained him.
5th, it's interesting to note, Jim & John's sister lives in Bloomington. John coaching in Indy would bring the family close together.
6th, John Harbaugh won't be a candidate this year, but he may a name to remember in the future.

Now, IF the Colts stick with the current staff and the current staff fails again in 2017, then this "future" comment would be applicable.  But considering that the Ravens are retaining him, unless Irsay pulls a trade, John is completely off the table.

I'm just gonna copy and paste this post because I forgot to quote you.

I read the whole conversation. All I'm saying is, Lets Knock 'Em Down is essentially acting like Gruden to the Colts will happen. Even if they are asked about Jim, why would they even bring up John's name as a possible candidate down the road when they seem to know that Gruden is our next HC?

So it's not some "oh they're lying!" thing, it's just weird to me.

12 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I understand the cynicism of the fanbase after having to hear all of the hot air out of Chuck Pagano for the past 5 seasons, but IMO it would be naive to think Irsay's not looking at other options right now.

I'm sure he is or was looking at other options. I'm just saying Irsay isn't going to make a statement saying Pagano and Grigson are returning. 

1 minute ago, 12to13 said:

I'm sure he is or was looking at other options. I'm just saying Irsay isn't going to make a statement saying Pagano and Grigson are returning. 

Likely not. It would just be weird and awkward at this point, even weirder and awkwarder than last year's presser when he announced their extensions.

10 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Likely not. It would just be weird and awkward at this point, even weirder and awkwarder than last year's presser when he announced their extensions.

like i said, he doesnt even need to do that, a tiny tweet about looking forward to the 2017 season with Chuck and Ryan is all he'd have to do, no conference, no media release.  the fact the man who, after looking back on twitter was averaging at least one tweet or re-tweet a day for the last year, hasn't tweeted in over a week, says something as well.  The only other time his account was dormant like this was when he was in rehab following his arrest.  He didn't even tweet about the Hightower signing, something he ALWAYS has done when a player is signed.

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

like i said, he doesnt even need to do that, a tiny tweet about looking forward to the 2017 season with Chuck and Ryan is all he'd have to do, no conference, no media release.  the fact the man who, after looking back on twitter was averaging at least one tweet or re-tweet a day for the last year, hasn't tweeted in over a week, says something as well.  The only other time his account was dormant like this was when he was in rehab following his arrest.  He didn't even tweet about the Hightower signing, something he ALWAYS has done when a player is signed.

I agree he needs to send a tweet saying that. But he actually did tweet about the Hightower signing. 

2 minutes ago, 12to13 said:

I agree he needs to send a tweet saying that. But he actually did tweet about the Hightower signing. 

No he didn't, looking at it right now. last tweet from Jim Irsay was on Jan 6th, Hightower wasnt signed until yesterday, the 12th.  Irsay did NOT tweet about it. 

now the official colt's page posted it, but not Irsay.

227 replies16 retweets55 likes

L 
More

I'm always of the view that you need to control your own message.

And if you don't,  someone else will.

And when they do,  it becomes even harder to control your message.

Things begin to spiral.

As the owner, Jim is free to do what he wants.     But I don't think this is being handled well.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

This is pretty much what we already know and I feel about the situation.  No real answers, but it's hard to argue there isn't something going on.   

48 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Who is "let's knock em down"?

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm always of the view that you need to control your own message.

And if you don't,  someone else will.

And when they do,  it becomes even harder to control your message.

Things begin to spiral.

As the owner, Jim is free to do what he wants.     But I don't think this is being handled well.

Which is why I feel he's looking at other options, but isn't ready to buy out Pagano and possibly Grigson without having someone ready to go.  If he had no intention to look elsewhere he really should have at the very least sent out a message stating Grigson and Pagano are returning next season.  The rumors were already swirling the week of the last game. 

But this argument has really already been done to death. 

3 minutes ago, Corndog said:

Which is why I feel he's looking at other options, but isn't ready to buy out Pagano and possibly Grigson without having someone ready to go.  If he had no intention to look elsewhere he really should have at the very least sent out a message stating Grigson and Pagano are returning next season.  The rumors were already swirling the week of the last game. 

But this argument has really already been done to death. 

irsay did address the media though, just not directly

through "sources" the local news reported that pagano and grigson are coming back earlier this week

the meeting with gruden could have been nothing more than consulting

i know people want those guys gone(me included) but that does not mean any time irsay gets on the plane that he is interviewing for a new head coach

17 minutes ago, csmopar said:

No he didn't, looking at it right now. last tweet from Jim Irsay was on Jan 6th, Hightower wasnt signed until yesterday, the 12th.  Irsay did NOT tweet about it. 

now the official colt's page posted it, but not Irsay.

227 replies16 retweets55 likes

L 
More

Isn't that his Twitter? So you're saying he only tweeted about the future contract and not the actual contract?

2 minutes ago, 12to13 said:

Isn't that his Twitter? So you're saying he only tweeted about the future contract and not the actual contract?

Irsay normally tweets about all roster moves, big or small. So you could make a deal out of it that he hasn't since 6th. Who knows though.

Normally there is a load of replies about getting rid of Pagano and/or Grigson so he might just have gotten tried of it. Some of those replies are borderline hateful. Smh

14 minutes ago, Corndog said:

I don't know, but he is really reaching here. First Gruden, now Harbaugh again for no plausible reason. 

God, do some of you even read the entire links that are posted.  They were asked by a poster IF there was any talk between the Colts and Harbaurgh, they said NO. and then listed reasons including not wanting to coach in the same conference as his brother JOHN.