Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Giants vs Pats Super Bowl part 3?

RockThatBlue

Tom Brady is 0-2 vs Eli and 1-3 vs Peyton when it counts. I don't think Brady wants any part of Eli. Peyton I am sure helps him gameplan for that team too. If it wasn't for Peyton and Eli, Brady could have 9 Rings, yes 9 instead of 4! 2006 (Peyton got him), 2007 (Eli got him), 2011 (Eli got him), 2013 (Peyton got him), 2015 (Peyton got him).

56 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tom Brady is 0-2 vs Eli and 1-3 vs Peyton when it counts. I don't think Brady wants any part of Eli. Peyton I am sure helps him gameplan for that team too. If it wasn't for Peyton and Eli, Brady could have 9 Rings, yes 9 instead of 4! 2006 (Peyton got him), 2007 (Eli got him), 2011 (Eli got him), 2013 (Peyton got him), 2015 (Peyton got him).

Just proves that not all heros wear capes.

20 minutes ago, King Colt said:

The media wants the Cowboys vs. NE. I don't care who goes.

As long as it isn't Pats vs Seahawks I will be fine. 2 years ago I was screwed when that happened because I didn't want Wilson getting Ring #2 and I cant stand the Patriots. As long as the Pats, Seahawks, or Steelers don't win the SB I will be fine with whoever else wins it. I picked the Packers before the season and they are rolling now so maybe Rodgers can throw a wrench into the Playoff picture.

From footballoutsiders.com

SB odds.

re: 43 "states of hatred" SB. There are 6 NE states. What other states would favor NE.

And who is the Belichick spawn in Atlanta?

Name Team Chance

43 States of HatredDAL vs NE 20.5%

Lamar Hunt Revenge BowlDAL vs KC 9.8%

Belichick vs. Spawn of BelichickATL vs NE 7.4%

Super Bowl XLIX RematchSEA vs NE 6.9%

The Great '70s Super Bowl That Never HappenedDAL vs OAK 6.0%

Super Bowls X-XIII-XXX RematchDAL vs PIT 4.1%

Tony Gonzalez Legacy BowlATL vs KC 3.5%

AFC West Classic (version 2)SEA vs KC 3.3%

Super Bowls XLII-XLVI RematchNYG vs NE 2.6%

Black on Black BowlATL vs OAK 2.1%

AFC West Classic (version 1)SEA vs OAK 2.1%

Super Bowl XXXI RematchGB vs NE 1.9%

Super Bowl XL RematchSEA vs PIT 1.4%

This would suck so bad. 

The Giants haven't made the playoffs since they went 9-7 and on a miracle run in 2011. 

Eli Manning has only started TWO home playoff games in his entire career. They've only made the playoffs a total of 3 times in his career too. 

So sick of the Giants who do nothing and then barely make the playoffs every 5 years and go to the Super Bowl. Sadly it could happen again since the NFC is on a weak down year. Seattle should run the table, but then again, can't trust them to win on the road. 

9 hours ago, -JJ- said:

SB odds.

re: 43 "states of hatred" SB. There are 6 NE states. What other states would favor NE.

Name Team Chance

Highlighted the ones I would want. 

If anything, the NFL would have a ratings explosion if they some how could get Dallas/Pittsburgh round 4. Those two Super Bowls from the 70's are widely considered the best Super Bowls ever. 

10 hours ago, -JJ- said:

SB odds.

Name Team Chance

Atlanta's GM, Thomas Dimitroff, was New England's director of college scouting from 2003 to 2007. 

Imagine how much love Eli would get if he beat the Pats in the Super Bowl for a 3rd time.  He might have a statue built for him in every front of every NFL stadium except Gillette.  He'd get free entry everywhere in Miami and free wings in every restaurant in Buffalo.

It's entirely possible. The giants are playing hot right now and are the only ones who have beaten Dallas, twice, and New England, well they are their typical selves. I don't really think anyone in the AFC currently will beat New England except maybe KC or Baltimore (if they make the playoffs). 

I respect the Giants but I just don't have them picked for the SB. I actually don't know who I'd pick (lol!) but I know it wouldn't be the Giants. They're good but we all know it's not the same as before. 

It probably will be 1 of the less than perfect teams though. I obviously respect the Cowboys and Pats to but the Pats only make it when they're fighting uphill (albeit in less dramatic fashion than the Giants, and the 2 times they were favored they lost) and it would just be to convenient for the Cowboys to win as if Romo going down was some kind of Godsend or something. 

Man I would love if it either the Lions or Packers win the SB. Rodgers going on a tear after they started 4-6 wold be a huge * You to the rest of the league, and Matthew Stafford (whose played like an MVP at times this season) giving the lowly Lions a championship? Yes please. Call 2016 the year of broken sports curses.

1 hour ago, BloodyChamp said:

I respect the Giants but I just don't have them picked for the SB. I actually don't know who I'd pick (lol!) but I know it wouldn't be the Giants. They're good but we all know it's not the same as before. 

It probably will be 1 of the less than perfect teams though. I obviously respect the Cowboys and Pats to but the Pats only make it when they're fighting uphill (albeit in less dramatic fashion than the Giants, and the 2 times they were favored they lost) and it would just be to convenient for the Cowboys to win as if Romo going down was some kind of Godsend or something. 

What's different? No one expects the giants. Ever.

8 hours ago, TDewar1987 said:

It's entirely possible. The giants are playing hot right now and are the only ones who have beaten Dallas, twice, and New England, well they are their typical selves. I don't really think anyone in the AFC currently will beat New England except maybe KC or Baltimore (if they make the playoffs). 

KC def could beat my Pats, but Baltimore? Not a chance! They only were in the last game because of Fumbler Jones who will not touch the field in the playoffs. Pats face them again be a 20 point blow out.

11 hours ago, JimJaime said:

KC def could beat my Pats, but Baltimore? Not a chance! They only were in the last game because of Fumbler Jones who will not touch the field in the playoffs. Pats face them again be a 20 point blow out.

I don't know, it seems like Baltimore always plays NE tough regardless of when and where especially in the playoffs. I seriously doubt it'd be a 20 point blowout lol

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 10:35 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As long as it isn't Pats vs Seahawks I will be fine. 2 years ago I was screwed when that happened because I didn't want Wilson getting Ring #2 and I cant stand the Patriots. As long as the Pats, Seahawks, or Steelers don't win the SB I will be fine with whoever else wins it. I picked the Packers before the season and they are rolling now so maybe Rodgers can throw a wrench into the Playoff picture.

Why the hate for RW? He seems to be a nice young man and a future star in this league? I know there are some other shady characters on that team but it was weird you pointed him out?

Every team is flawed. NE however has the greatest qb/coach combo of our generation...so that makes up for a lot. I don't know who can go into Foxboro and win...KC has the defense but when the going gets tough does anyone trust Andy Reid? I would have said Denver also has the defense to keep it close and win but man their qb situation is ridiculous. I think it shows very much now that while Peyton didn't light it up last postseason to put trust in Oz would have been misplaced and clearly even with these guys they have now that this defense isn't enough to win on its own....so Peyton I think played a bigger part in that SB then people realize. Even if it was mostly a calming effect and from a leadership stand point....he still gave them confidence to keep holding the other team and he would put up enough points to win.

That said I think NE and Seattle will play each other. I don't trust a young Dallas team...I don't trust GB defense nor do I trust NY offense. I think Seattle has enough hleadership on that team to get it done. SB I think is a repeat..even without Gronk I think Tom finds away to stand alone on the mountain top of NFL qbs.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Why the hate for RW? He seems to be a nice young man and a future star in this league? I know there are some other shady characters on that team but it was weird you pointed him out?

Every team is flawed. NE however has the greatest qb/coach combo of our generation...so that makes up for a lot. I don't know who can go into Foxboro and win...KC has the defense but when the going gets tough does anyone trust Andy Reid? I would have said Denver also has the defense to keep it close and win but man their qb situation is ridiculous. I think it shows very much now that while Peyton didn't light it up last postseason to put trust in Oz would have been misplaced and clearly even with these guys they have now that this defense isn't enough to win on its own....so Peyton I think played a bigger part in that SB then people realize. Even if it was mostly a calming effect and from a leadership stand point....he still gave them confidence to keep holding the other team and he would put up enough points to win.

That said I think NE and Seattle will play each other. I don't trust a young Dallas team...I don't trust GB defense nor do I trust NY offense. I think Seattle has enough hleadership on that team to get it done. SB I think is a repeat..even without Gronk I think Tom finds away to stand alone on the mountain top of NFL qbs.

I pointed him out because a lot of the fanbases and media compare him and Luck. How they are doing in their career's, etc.. Do you really want him to have 2 Rings and Luck 0. All you will hear is, he is better than Luck and we should've drafted him. Which is total nonsense. Anybody that is a Colts fan shouldn't root for Seattle based on that alone. I have nothing against Wilson as a person but as a Colts fan I sure don't want to see him winning Rings while our QB is still trying to get his 1st, that is just common sense.

13 hours ago, King Colt said:

My money is on the Giants to beat the Pats in the SB. I would love it if somehow the Steelers got in but it is not likely but "on any given day" still rules. If NE has home field all the way it is as close to a guarantee as it gets.

Nah- there's not even "close" guarantees in the games.

50-50 I'll give ya :)

On Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 11:28 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Eli wants Ring #3 since big bro got his 2nd, look how motivated he is this season.

How do you tell the difference between motivated Eli and unmotivated Eli?

On Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 10:31 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Anybody that is a Colts fan shouldn't root for Seattle based on that alone.

I didn't realize that you got to decide who Colts fans should root for.........aside from the Colts, that is.

19 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

How do you tell the difference between motivated Eli and unmotivated Eli?

I didn't realize that you got to decide who Colts fans should root for.........aside from the Colts, that is.

Well I don't get to decide but I am pretty sure 99% of Colts fans don't want the Seahawks or Patriots winning the SB for a ton of reasons if they follow history. If some Colts fans want to root for Russell Wilson to have a better career than Andrew Luck than more power to them LOL. If some Colts fans want the Patriots to win the SB than let them have it. Neither makes sense to me but I guess to you it does. It's common sense Eli would be more motivated to win another SB now, he and his brother have always been competitive.