Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can the Colts make the playoffs @ 8-8?

AllYouNeedIsLuck

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can but it would be really hard.  They really need to take care of business against Jets, Texans, Jags and either Minn or Oak(get one of those).  If the Texans lose @Indy @GB and @Tenn that gives them 8 losses not even counting Jags or Bengals at home(which aren't give me's).  The Titans could get to 8 or 9 wins as well.  There at home VS Denver which is winnable, at home vs Texans which is winnable, @KC which will be tough and @ Jax which could be a win. 

I doubt that 8-8 will do it... I think that there is a strong possibility that three teams end up 8-8 in the South, with Houston winning by virtue of tie-breakers. 

Indy and the Titans have harder schedules, but Houston looks like garbage, lately. Of course, I hope that the Colts get hot and sneak into the playoffs. 

I don't agree with the people that think that we are better off losing these games. I understand their sentiment and don't question their loyalty as fans, I just disagree. The draft positions we will gain from losing aren't as important as our young guys getting the experience of winning in a tight division race and maybe getting playoff experience. 

Like I've said before, Grigson (who likely won't be fired, even if we don't get to .500) is going to draft somebody that most of us think could have been had in later rounds, anyway. I think those of us that are hoping for a pick in the top 15 are setting themselves up for disappointment when the pick rolls in... 

3 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I doubt that 8-8 will do it... I think that there is a strong possibility that three teams end up 8-8 in the South, with Houston winning by virtue of tie-breakers. 

Indy and the Titans have harder schedules, but Houston looks like garbage, lately. Of course, I hope that the Colts get hot and sneak into the playoffs. 

I don't agree with the people that think that we are better off losing these games. I understand their sentiment and don't question their loyalty as fans, I just disagree. The draft positions we will gain from losing aren't as important as our young guys getting the experience of winning in a tight division race and maybe getting playoff experience. 

Like I've said before, Grigson (who likely won't be fired, even if we don't get to .500) is going to draft somebody that most of us think could have been had in later rounds, anyway. I think those of us that are hoping for a pick in the top 15 are setting themselves up for disappointment when the pick rolls in... 

Yeah I think we need 9-7 to do it. 8-8 probably wont get it done.

10 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

you are quite the football fan

FYI its spelled..... defense

teams play defense

you paint de fence

Defence is the biggest Colts fan in here, don't let him fool you (sarcasm). I get a kick out of people wanting us to lose because they think picking 10th instead of 21st will put us in the SB next season lmao 

1 hour ago, AllYouNeedIsLuck said:

I don't mean "can" as in statistically. I mean, as things look right now and how they'll play out is that plausible? 

Cause we'll be underdogs @ Minn and @ Oak 

Luck's concussion is making this season a lot more stressful than it has to be. We would have had a very very good shot with him vs. Pitt. Oh well 

It's mathematically possible. It's not plausible. The Texans would have to finish 2-3 (at best), and at least two of those losses would have to be divisional losses, and one would have to be the Colts game. Let's say they drop the finale to the Titans also, but they beat the Jags and finish 4-2 in the division. The Colts would have to finish 4-2 in the division, and then we're at the third tie breaker.

The Titans would have to finish 2-2, at best. We already have them winning the finale, so they'd have to lose 2 of 3 against Denver, KC and Jacksonville, which they probably will. 

34 minutes ago, NeedsADefence said:

please for the love of god i hope the jets beat us

I never understand those of you wanting us to tank. Having a top 10 pick doesn't guarantee you ANYTHING. Just ask the Cleveland Browns and the Jacksonville Jaguars (before these past 2 draft) 

The draft is a gamble regardless of where you're picking. And when Ryan Grigson is your GM, that gamble factor is increased by 80% 

2013 (i think it's that one) draft class is nonexistent on this current roster. That's just sickening 

6 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

I never understand those of you wanting us to tank. Having a top 10 pick doesn't guarantee you ANYTHING. Just ask the Cleveland Browns and the Jacksonville Jaguars (before these past 2 draft) 

The draft is a gamble regardless of where you're picking. And when Ryan Grigson is your GM, that gamble factor is increased by 80% 

2013 (i think it's that one) draft class is nonexistent on this current roster. That's just sickening 

I agree. Unless you have the first pick in the Draft and a once in a generation QB is there I am against tanking. Picking 8th, 9th, 10th, or 21st doesn't matter to me. I have seen so many late 1st Round picks turn out better.

8-8?       A very, very small chance.

Odds are we need to either win-out and get 10 wins,  or win 4 of the 5 and get 9 wins and hope that Houston implodes.       That's possible,  but not likely.

I think I saw a story about a week ago putting our chances at making the playoffs (winning the division) at roughly 25%.       Not great,  but stranger things have happened.

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

8-8?       A very, very small chance.

Odds are we need to either win-out and get 10 wins,  or win 4 of the 5 and get 9 wins and hope that Houston implodes.       That's possible,  but not likely.

I think I saw a story about a week ago putting our chances at making the playoffs (winning the division) at roughly 25%.       Not great,  but stranger things have happened.

I think it will take 9 wins. I can see the Texans and Titans finishing 8-8, even if the Titans finish 9-7 and we do too we get it because we swept them.

1 hour ago, AllYouNeedIsLuck said:

I don't mean "can" as in statistically. I mean, as things look right now and how they'll play out is that plausible? 

Cause we'll be underdogs @ Minn and @ Oak 

Luck's concussion is making this season a lot more stressful than it has to be. We would have had a very very good shot with him vs. Pitt. Oh well 

We need Texans and titans to lose from here on and I think we need to win out to have a shot.

15 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I would rather the Colts make it into the playoffs because they are actually good, instead of the rest of the division being garbage and the Colts are slightly less smelly garbage. 

Thing about it is when you get in anything can happen. I have seen several Wildcard teams go or win the SB. In 1995 we were real close and went 9-7 that season.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thing about it is when you get in anything can happen. I have seen several Wildcard teams go or win the SB. In 1995 we were real close and went 9-7 that season.

The two years the NY Giants won the Super Bowl,  their regular season record was 9-7.

I don't remember if they were the division winner or if they were a wild card.      But I do remember 9-7.     Twice.

Sometimes it pays to get hot at the right time........

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

The two years the NY Giants won the Super Bowl,  their regular season record was 9-7.

I don't remember if they were the division winner or if they were a wild card.      But I do remember 9-7.     Twice.

Yep. Steelers in 2005 were a 6 Seed and came to Indy and beat us and won it all too.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Need a defense and a pass rush we have nether 

Just now, Superman said:

I've never seen a group of fans so afraid of losing a playoff game...

I just don't think this team is ready for primetime. It's like thinking you are going to finish first in the New York City marathon just because you registered.

Colts going to the playoffs with this team is like losing badly as a little league team and being happy that we got a participation trophy.

My belief is to come hard and correct or don't come at all!

A lot of the fear is misplaced anyway.  With Luck at QB we've been in every single game we have played.   The worst was KC and that one didn't really get away from us until late.  Now all of a sudden we'll be bull dozed out of the first round.  By whom?

1 hour ago, Introspect said:

Lets make the playoffs so we can be embarrassed on a nationally televised game!!

Sounds like a plan....

Go COLTS!

I don't understand why anyone is ever worried about what we look like on TV. If this was college football, then I could to a certain extent for recruiting reasons. But in professional sports, if you lose 21-20 or 45-10, no one outside of those two particular fan bases is going to remember the actual score the following year, nor does it make any difference whatsoever.

You should always want your team in the playoffs. Not just because a top 10 pick is not a guaranteed impact player as others have mentioned, but more importantly because anything can happen once you are in the playoffs and can build some momentum.