Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 1.5 games back of Houston

CanuckColtsFan

Yeah, glad Oakland pulled it out. Right now, I'm just hoping Luck is cleared for NYJ. I honestly suspected they would lose to Pittsburgh anyways, but MAN it sucks that now they really don't have a shot (unless Tolzien gets his hands on some of Micheal's Secret Stuff).

If the Colts lose to Pittsburgh and beat the Jets, and the Texans lose one to either the Chargers and Packers, week 15 will have the 1st AFCS spot on the line.

4 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Yeah, glad Oakland pulled it out. Right now, I'm just hoping Luck is cleared for NYJ. I honestly suspected they would lose to Pittsburgh anyways, but MAN it sucks that now they really don't have a shot (unless Tolzien gets his hands on some of Micheal's Secret Stuff).

If the Colts lose to Pittsburgh and beat the Jets, and the Texans lose one to either the Chargers and Packers, week 15 will have the 1st AFCS spot on the line.

Exactly, I still think we can afford a loss to Pit f we follow it up with wins against the jets and Houston. Luck needs to be back in 13 days though.

3 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

If that were the case we'd still be a game behind them like we are now when we play he Texans in week 14. We'd be 6-6. They would be 7-5

5 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

I am sure deep down you Colts fans hope the Texans beat us. Most fans outside of GB root against the Packers. 

No way!

I have always liked the Packers a little. I've actually noticed there used to be a decent amount of Packer fans in Indiana. 

Seriosuly though, beat the Texans.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think they will lose to San Diego, at Tennessee, and to us which is 7 losses for them. They could lose at GB as well depending on how they are playing? Rodgers may go off that day, who knows? They also play the Bengals which wont be easy either.

They will win against tenn SD and cincy since cincy is without their 2 of their top 3 theats

5 hours ago, Arodgers12 said:

I am sure your throwing up having to root for us lol.

Colts fans don't hate green bay even a little. At least not the vast majority of us. You guys are NFC and colts fans don't hate very many NFC teams to be completely honest. 

Most hated Colts opponents: 

Patriots

Steelers 

Saints

Chargers

The rest of the NFL really doesn't receive much Colts hate. 

5 hours ago, Arodgers12 said:

I am sure your throwing up having to root for us lol.

No. I trust you will beat Houston. Theres a continual pattern of Houston losing to teams that have any type of offensive fire power, or just a solid team. We should have beaten them, but credit them for the come back and chide us for not finishing them off. Rogers will score just enough to win that one. Houston is very mediocre when it comes to scoring. I give Green Bay a chance as long as they arent turning the football over.

2 hours ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

Colts fans don't hate green bay even a little. At least not the vast majority of us. You guys are NFC and colts fans don't hate very many NFC teams to be completely honest. 

Most hated Colts opponents: 

Patriots

Steelers 

Saints

Chargers

The rest of the NFL really doesn't receive much Colts hate. 

I actually like the Saints because of Drew Brees. Losing to them in the SB stinks but I don't hate them for it. I agree with your Top 2. Its Pats and Steelers for me! Then perhaps our Divisional opponents which we have to hate because that is the best way to get into the Playoffs every season beating them and winning the Division.

9 hours ago, BProland85 said:

If Luck misses any games Indy has no shot at winning. I'm still sticking with my prediction of 7-9, possibly 8-8 and missing the playoffs. 

I had the steelers beating us no matter who played I have the score 45 to 34 steelers if luck plays but 45 to 10 if the backup plays because Tolzien sucks.

The Texans are undefeated in the conference. The Colts are going to have to win the division as a tie will go to the best conference record. I don't want to see Luck Thursday, it is not worth the risk. Even if he is "cleared" he will still be getting hit at the league leading pace because the bosses don't believe he deserves protection. The Texans got screwed last night against the Raiders so they could have won that game and they should beat the Chargers. 

9 minutes ago, King Colt said:

The Texans are undefeated in the conference. The Colts are going to have to win the division as a tie will go to the best conference record. I don't want to see Luck Thursday, it is not worth the risk. Even if he is "cleared" he will still be getting hit at the league leading pace because the bosses don't believe he deserves protection. The Texans got screwed last night against the Raiders so they could have won that game and they should beat the Chargers. 

And why should they beat the Chargers?  The Chargers score just as many points as the Raiders.

Just now, King Colt said:

Look at their record and the Texans are a better team as I see it.

What does the record have to do with anything?  The Broncos have a better record than the Chargers yet they lost to the Chargers.   The Texans have problems with teams than can score, or play really good defense.  It's been proven several times.

10 hours ago, BProland85 said:

If Luck misses any games Indy has no shot at winning. I'm still sticking with my prediction of 7-9, possibly 8-8 and missing the playoffs. 

Please be true.  I really don't want to see this team in the playoffs and end up getting a draft pick in the 20's.  I know this is a down year for the NFL but this Colts team (as they are playing now) is a mess.  They still haven't played one solid complete 60 minutes of football.  And watching other teams play us and other teams in general our offensive line is so subpar (for the draft picks we've invested in them) it is not even funny.  At some point we need to get at least one dominant lineman, doesn't matter what spot.

22 minutes ago, krunk said:

What does the record have to do with anything?  The Broncos have a better record than the Chargers yet they lost to the Chargers.   The Texans have problems with teams than can score, or play really good defense.  It's been proven several times.

It is my opinion, not a fact.

6 minutes ago, tikyle said:

Please be true.  I really don't want to see this team in the playoffs and end up getting a draft pick in the 20's.  I know this is a down year for the NFL but this Colts team (as they are playing now) is a mess.  They still haven't played one solid complete 60 minutes of football.  And watching other teams play us and other teams in general our offensive line is so subpar (for the draft picks we've invested in them) it is not even funny.  At some point we need to get at least one dominant lineman, doesn't matter what spot.

we dont need a high pick, we just have to stop taking the wrong players

what if we lose now, and still suck next year?  tank again?

14 minutes ago, tikyle said:

That is a losers mentality. I am not sure why so many people in here put so much stock into where we pick in the 1st Round? If it isn't 1st and a franchise QB which we don't need or a Von Miller type isn't there at #1 than who cares whether we pick 10th or 21st. As long as we have 7 picks that is the important thing. Sometimes late 1st round picks turn out better than top 10 picks. - it happens a lot actually. The way this season is going I think just winning the Division would be a great accomplishment and at least give our fans something to be happy about for a change.

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

we dont need a high pick, we just have to stop taking the wrong players

what if we lose now, and still suck next year?  tank again?

I'm not saying to tank.  I'm saying we are not a worthy playoff team.  Winning the worse division in football by a hair gets you what?  Ask Houston if that got them anything?  They won the division by a hair last year, got blasted in the wild card round and now what?  That playoff appearance cost them like 6 spots in the draft.

56 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is a losers mentality. I am not sure why so many people in here put so much stock into where we pick in the 1st Round? If it isn't 1st and a franchise QB which we don't need or a Von Miller type isn't there at #1 than who cares whether we pick 10th or 21st. As long as we have 7 picks that is the important thing. Sometimes late 1st round picks turn out better than top 10 picks. - it happens a lot actually. The way this season is going I think just winning the Division would be a great accomplishment and at least give our fans something to be happy about for a change.

Not really.  I already went over this, but the difference between say the 12-15th pick and the 20th-22nd pick is the difference between an Odell Beckham, Ryan Shazier, Aaron Donald, Kyle Fuller to a Brandin Cooks,  Ha Ha Dix or Dee Ford.  It is a huge difference in talent level.  And we need talent.  Yes late round picks can end up being gems but having a mid round pick gives you a much better margin for error in making that selection.  I just really want one person to tell me what the Colts can gain from making the playoffs at 9-7 and being a home dog in the wild card game?

14 minutes ago, tikyle said:

I'm not saying to tank.  I'm saying we are not a worthy playoff team.  Winning the worse division in football by a hair gets you what?  Ask Houston if that got them anything?  They won the division by a hair last year, got blasted in the wild card round and now what?  That playoff appearance cost them like 6 spots in the draft.

Not really.  I already went over this, but the difference between say the 12-15th pick and the 20th-22nd pick is the difference between an Odell Beckham, Ryan Shazier, Aaron Donald, Kyle Fuller to a Brandin Cooks,  Ha Ha Dix or Dee Ford.  It is a huge difference in talent level.  And we need talent.  Yes late round picks can end up being gems but having a mid round pick gives you a much better margin for error in making that selection.  I just really want one person to tell me what the Colts can gain from making the playoffs at 9-7 and being a home dog in the wild card game?

What do we have to gain? Respect for one, by winning back a Division we should win like we normally do. As a fan I don't like being a laughing stock by other fans and dissed by the media constantly. We have one of the best franchises ever and to me it's embarrassing if we cant win this Division. Only 1 team can win the SB every year and only 4 or 5 teams realistically have a great shot at it. So having said that should 25 other teams just tank so they can pick 10 slots higher? The number of picks we have is the key and if we aren't picking first with an Andrew Luck or Peyton there than who cares. You do know the Draft is a crapshoot unless you pick 1st with a sure Franchise QB there don't you? Reggie Wayne went 30th in Round 1. Mathis went in Round 5??

31 minutes ago, tikyle said:

It is always better to win than to lose.  That is what the Colts gain.

44 minutes ago, tikyle said:

Oh but you are saying tank.  What else are you saying emphasizing all those high round draft picks?   And who exactly is it that's going to make the Colts a 1st round dog in the playoffs?  What team are you going to name that won't likely be a problem for pretty much any opponent?    Talent doesn't guarantee in any way shape form or fashion a win or wins in the playoffs.   Ask that Steve Mcnair Baltimore Ravens team that was littered with talent that we beat in the playoffs when we had Peyton.  Anybody can lose in the playoffs good or bad.  Ask that Pittsburgh Steeler team that lost to Tim Tebow in the playoffs.    We want to win our games buddy because that's what you play the games for.   You cite that one example with Houston as if that's the end all be all.   Plenty of examples that say otherwise but you're silent about those.

35 minutes ago, krunk said:

Oh but you are saying tank.  What else are you saying emphasizing all those high round draft picks?   And who exactly is it that's going to make the Colts a 1st round dog in the playoffs?  What team are you going to name that won't likely be a problem for pretty much any opponent?    Talent doesn't guarantee in any way shape form or fashion a win or wins in the playoffs.   Ask that Steve Mcnair Baltimore Ravens team that was littered with talent that we beat in the playoffs when we had Peyton.  Anybody can lose in the playoffs good or bad.  Ask that Pittsburgh Steeler team that lost to Tim Tebow in the playoffs.    We want to win our games buddy because that's what you play the games for.   You cite that one example with Houston as if that's the end all be all.   Plenty of examples that say otherwise but you're silent about those.

I have been a fan since 1984 and the only time I ever wanted us to lose was in 2011 once we got to 0-8 because we had Andrew Luck there waiting to get picked. With that pick I knew we would be set for the next 15 years at QB so that is reasonable. Having said that when we kept losing it still bothered me because I hate losing. Picking 10th or 21st doesn't make 2 craps difference IMO, look at all the picks the Jags made on Defense, how's that working out? They suck so I am about winning 99.9% of the time and just think it's silly to tank unless your team is 0-8 or worse = season is over anyway and you have Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning ready to Draft #1.

I think the Colts can still get in even if they lose Thursday.  I think they can win out after that. I know Houston, @Minn and @Oak will be tough but I think they can do it with a healthy Luck.  The Steelers game wasn't a give me win anyway, the Steelers could still smoke the Colts with Luck.  If you look at the Texans schedule they have SD @GB @Indy Jax Cin @Tenn.  You can argue that every game is going to be a struggle for them other than Jax and maybe Cin?  They could potentially finish 7-9 or 8-8.  Even if the Colts lose to Pitt then lose one of the games with Oak or Minn and win the one's there suppose to then 9-7 should be good enough.  I am sure Tenn will lose at least one more, I know they have Hou, Den and @KC left.  Colts own the tie breaker with them.  With that being said, it's still going to suck finally getting to watch the Colts on Thanksgiving without Luck.  

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually like the Saints because of Drew Brees. Losing to them in the SB stinks but I don't hate them for it. I agree with your Top 2. Its Pats and Steelers for me! Then perhaps our Divisional opponents which we have to hate because that is the best way to get into the Playoffs every season beating them and winning the Division.

i liked the saints up until the SB loss. Idk but that has always stuck with me much like our walking away from the undefeated season. The whole season unraveled right before our eyes the last couple regular season games. It's the same thing as not going for the TD on Sunday on 4th down. Adam wound up missing it, but you have great field advantage. Give the team the mentality of petal to the metal, foot on the gas. Never stop. 

23 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

i liked the saints up until the SB loss. Idk but that has always stuck with me much like our walking away from the undefeated season. The whole season unraveled right before our eyes the last couple regular season games. It's the same thing as not going for the TD on Sunday on 4th down. Adam wound up missing it, but you have great field advantage. Give the team the mentality of petal to the metal, foot on the gas. Never stop. 

Yeah losing to the Saints did stink and I am still not over the fact we gave up on 16-0 either. To this day I believe we had a better team than the Saints, Saints fans like Bogie would disagree but I think everyone knows we would've been 16-0 had Peyton played out the game vs the Jets and played in Buffalo. Hard to say anyone is better than a 16-0 team/14-0 technically. Saints lost 3 in a row to end that season and got super lucky vs Minnesota. Minnesota dominated that game but had 5 Turnovers. It's not sour grapes or anything but that is fact. Freeney being injured was huge too, I mean huge. Brees didn't do anything in the first Half and then with Freeney out he had all day to throw so I don't care if someone says 25-7 after Half. We were missing our best Pass Rusher. I don't dislike the Saints though, I hate the Pats and Steelers. Chargers were just a thorn in our side for a couple of years but I don't hate them either as they have never won a SB.