Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade For Thomas, Move Castanzo to RT

Indeee

17 hours ago, YourNextGM said:

This is oart of this team's problems.  Actimg as if we're 1 player away.  Championship teams make trades like that,  this isn't a championship team.  We are way more tham 1 player away.  The smart thing to have done woulda been to surround Luvk w/ Young linemen instead of overrated TEs and wrs.  

You were doing great right up until the last sentence and then you lost me.....

Close.      Close is good for you.

And then you had to keep writing.......................

Oh well.

Web searches show Thornton still a Colt.  In his last year if his Rookie Contract.  If there are no plans to bring him back, why haven't they made an injury settlement?  But if they plan on his return, how is his injury? If he's recovered, why not activate him?  He's better than Good, any day...

I'm not sure moving Costanzo to the right side will accomplish anything other than increasing the punishment Luck takes on his right side instead of his left.

Although we may have to start doing that to even out the bruising.    Kinda like how you flip a mattress every so often

Just now, Jaric said:

Why would the broncos trade for a high priced left tackle who isn't good?

They have been mentioned as suitors for Thomas and Staley. If we get Thomas that leaves a 34 year old Staley. Costanzo would be an upgrade and more of a long term solution than Staley and anybody else they have.  Costanzo is still considered one of the better tackles in the league.  I don't believe Ray starts as well. 

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

They have been mentioned as suitors for Thomas and Staley. If we get Thomas that leaves a 34 year old Staley. Costanzo would be an upgrade and more of a long term solution than Staley and anybody else they have.  Costanzo is still considered one of the better tackles in the league.  I don't believe Ray starts as well. 

By whom?

Thomas is already 32, and there's no guarantee that Costanzo would be able to just slide over and play RT without any issues. It's not the simple adjustment that people seem to think that it is. It's basically like being left-handed your whole life, then your coach says "Okay, be right-handed now, it's what the team needs."

getting an aged LT is not the answer, they key is have a LG that is capable to help on twisting and stunting. AC has not been horrible but he has regressed the last two years.  For this season we need get healthy and add some TE help to chip rushers.

This is one of those seasons that nothing is going right, We have the QB, TE's and WR's to be a very good offense it just the line, poor route running and holding the ball too long are killing us.  

The final two can be fixed by some chewing out and coaching

The first one is a work in progress that has been going on for 5 years now :Nuke:

If the Browns are willing to make that trade.  They have said they aren't willing to do that.  If they do it will probably cost an arm and a leg.  While I ageee Castonzos performance has been alarming this year I am not sure I want to part with high draft picks that could be used to fix problems this off-season for an inseason trade. 

On top of that i don't think the Browns really want to trade him.  Look at the trade they made today. I don't think they will just trade good players because they are awful.  It would be like the Jets calling the Colts and going hey we see you are down this year how about we make a deal for Luck?  Just because a team is down and needs rebuilding doesn't mean you trade away guys who are clearly among the best in the league to do it.  

Don't trade for anyone. I don't want this management making any more moves. Freeze their trading privileges then fire them in the off-season and hire someone you can trust to make trades and draft players. Don't let Grigson make even one more important decision on behalf of this team. He's done enough already.

I have read from sources that say they will take a second, and usually if a team says a second, you could talk them into a third and another lower pick like a 5th.....

I think it could be cost effective if that were the case. Thomas would sure up the Left side, and Costanzo would more than likely perform better at RT.  If he doesn't at least can see the pressure coming from that side better, since it isn't his blind side.

My guess is Cleveland won't trade him for that price, so I say no deal.  I would definitely do a 2nd, possibly a 1st, for Sheldon Richardson, if the Jets want to make a move.

20 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

No.  Thomas is in the later stages of his career and won't be in a position to win a Super Bowl here.  If Clark can develop quickly, it might be worth it to put him at LT and move Castonzo to RT.  Castonzo has been pretty bad this year, and I think his play has declined since he got his second contract.  I'm no longer comfortable having him on the left side.  I think he's better suited to the RT position, given how he's played.

There isn't LT tackle potential on this team

11 hours ago, jimmy g said:

Is Thornton available to come off IR?  He's decent, in the one game a year he's healthy...

??? Thornton up until this year has not had injury problems.  

I don't understand why we can have a guy who's been available for 2 or 3 years on a pretty consistent basis, he takes a single injury and then suddenly people are saying he's never healthy.