Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's Latest Tweet Gray? (Merge)

GrizzColt

Irsay's latest tweet says the following:

They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy

She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me

I can’t help it if I’m lucky

The lyrics are from dipstick Wind by Bob Dylan. It mentions "Gray" and "Lucky" in it. People have been using the word lucky as a play on words for Luck. idk.

Irsay's latest tweet says the following:

They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy

She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me

I can’t help it if I’m lucky

The lyrics are from dipstick Wind by Bob Dylan. It mentions "Gray" and "Lucky" in it. People have been using the word lucky as a play on words for Luck. idk.

Does Bob Kraft tweet in riddles?

I was thinking the same thing. I'd like to see our owner be a little less eccentric and a little more focused on finding the RIGHT guy for the job. Now that Polian is gone, Irsay is showing his true colors. Not good news for Colts fans. Jim...quit playing games with fans on your phone and make a good hire, preferably someone with character.

I was thinking the same thing. I'd like to see our owner be a little less eccentric and a little more focused on finding the RIGHT guy for the job. Now that Polian is gone, Irsay is showing his true colors. Not good news for Colts fans. Jim...quit playing games with fans on your phone and make a good hire, preferably someone with character.

Are you kidding me? You mean to tell me you work 100% of your life? You never listen to music? You never tell a joke?

And don't say "but I don't own a sports franchise" because that's a cop out.

He is a person and I or one am glad that we don't have a stuffy owner. The best owner in all of sports is Mark Cuban IMO

I say as long as the job is getting done then who are we to say that he has to be more like everyone else?

Robert Kraft owns an obscenely large LLC. Jim Irsay owns one business, the Colts.

The team has made several interviews recently, so I'm not sure that he's just schlepping around. Not hurrying the hiring process is a virtue if you ask me, but you didn't. Regardless, I think it's best to search every corner for your guy.

Are you kidding me? You mean to tell me you work 100% of your life? You never listen to music? You never tell a joke?

And don't say "but I don't own a sports franchise" because that's a cop out.

He is a person and I or one am glad that we don't have a stuffy owner. The best owner in all of sports is Mark Cuban IMO

I say as long as the job is getting done then who are we to say that he has to be more like everyone else?

A Mark Cuban fan describing a good owner. Now I've heard it all.

you know I think sometimes Irsay floats these things out there to just to mess with people. Remember the Favre tweet earlier this year? With that said it wouldn't shock me if there was something to what he sent here.

How about our "teams owner" starts actling like one instead of Alex Trebec....

I am personally sick of this stupid tweeting.. With Jimbo showing how savy he is in the 60's pop music culture genre.

Run a team man...

ughhhhh

Irsay... "post your choice for Colt coach before midnight and win a prize"

Are you * kidding me?

This man is drinking again and doing ...

He has lost his mind. This is Jr High ^cowpatties^.... ..

Name a darn coach and move on....

He hasn't even spoken with Manning? according to Kravitz?

this organizatioin is dysfunctional. Right Now... not even talking to Manning is ..

chicken chiz.

Don't worry!

He's just raising smoke to cover his moves.

Why is it such a big thing not to talking to Manning? They will have a talk when new HC will be named. I think Irsay keeps it evidential, that Peyton will play next season for Colts, and doesn't thinks it so important.

Manning don't see it that way... Krav's articale today sounded like a "goodbye" to me.

Manning don't see it that way... Krav's articale today sounded like a "goodbye" to me.

Hmmm...I think he is just a little bit confused over this turmoil at the team right now. The whole system is changing, new staff's coming...add analysts' guessing about him, therefore he is unsure...

Reading that ominous article, I've got the feeling, he would like to stay, but feels he doesn't get as many attention as many he deserved.

Hmmm...I think he is just a little bit confused over this turmoil at the team right now. The whole system is changing, new staff's coming...add analysts' guessing about him, therefore he is unsure...

Reading that ominous article, I've got the feeling, he would like to stay, but feels he doesn't get as many attention as many he deserved.

the owner and "new" GM have not even had "a conversatioin" with him...

Is this a tad disturbing? I am thinking we are going back to late 80's Colt era ... rather than a new one...

and anyone around in the late 80's will know what I'm getting at.

the owner and "new" GM have not even had "a conversatioin" with him...

Is this a tad disturbing? I am thinking we are going back to late 80's Colt era ... rather than a new one...

and anyone around in the late 80's will know what I'm getting at.

I wasn't a Colt Fan at the late 80's so You must be right.

I'm just trying to be optimistic, as I would like to see Manning in Colts' jersey next season. So I'm thinking positivly.

This new HC will be named, next week Irsay and Grigson will have long talk with Manning.

Why does people act like he cant tweet and do his job ! It only takes seconds to do it so whats the harm! If you really think twitter is holding him up from his job would you please explain how ! I myself kind of like his tweets ! I sure do text my family and friends while i am busy at work ! Those they say they dont it must be cause they dont have a phone or just dont have nobody to texts !

No offense to the Vulcans, but I think they show more emotion then Dungy, Caldwell, and hope not Gary, all 3 are very similar in all aspects, don't you think?.

Two questions

1) Has anyone really have seen Gray in action to know that he is just as stoic as Dungy or Caldwell? My guess is that the answer is no. But run with that assumption.

2) Even if he is even-keeled, does that make him a bad coach? I think most of the people that want Zimmer want him for the sole reason that he seems fiery. Well that could be good for the team but I think it was Superman who said it, couldn't he be Haley as well?

The point is judging anyone solely on their public persona is probably not the best way to determine their ability to coach.

This is what makes Irsay such a squirrel. Stop drunk tweeting and get to work "rebuilding" this franchise that was hardly broken in the first place. He is trying so hard to be edgy and cool, it just looks silly. I am a displaced Colts fan living in Wisconsin, and the image of this guy up here is laughable and embarrassing. He has no business giving clues on twitter and playing games with people...just stop it Jim, please.

How about our "teams owner" starts actling like one instead of Alex Trebec....

I am personally sick of this stupid tweeting.. With Jimbo showing how savy he is in the 60's pop music culture genre.

Run a team man...

ughhhhh

So you think writing a 30 second tweet is keeping him from doing his job?

Get over it. I'd rather wade through 9 out of 10 tweets that are garbage to find one that actually informs the fans then to go back to the way the Polians ran the secretive, lock down, and misleading organization of 12 years.

Do you know how quickly you can send a tweet when you have the twitter app? How is him sending a tweet showing that he is eccentric and not focused on finding the right guy? So a guy takes maybe two to three minutes in a day to send a few tweets out and now he is completely unfocused? Last time I checked there was 24 hours in every day and sending a few tweets does not take that long to send.

The problem is fans and media just try to read something into these tweets and then get their panties in a bunch because the tweet ends up meaning nothing other then him tweeting a quote from a song he likes.

Do you know how quickly you can send a tweet when you have the twitter app? How is him sending a tweet showing that he is eccentric and not focused on finding the right guy? So a guy takes maybe two to three minutes in a day to send a few tweets out and now he is completely unfocused? Last time I checked there was 24 hours in every day and sending a few tweets does not take that long to send.

The problem is fans and media just try to read something into these tweets and then get their panties in a bunch because the tweet ends up meaning nothing other then him tweeting a quote from a song he likes.

Seriously, this is @JimIrsay, not @IndianapolisColtsOwner. It's Jim's personal twitter account, who are we to say he can't take 30 seconds to post some song lyrics, or reward some of his followers with early Colts news?

Jim Irsay is the best source for Colts news. Rightnow I can hardly listen to sports radio because every tweet, Manning interview, Grigson presser,Polian interview gets twisted, misconstrued to the point that they are concluded to mean the opposite of what was actually said.

Why even report what these people say if these talking heads keep reporting what they want to hear and see.

Do you really think he's sitting around all day doing this? I'm sorry, but some of you need to be taken out back. He's working harder by 8 a.m. every day than most of you work in a week. So he takes a few minutes to joke with the fans of his team. So he proves he's a refular guy. Why does that chap your hide? He stays connected, and yet keeps private some of the biggest moves in the sports world (ie: firing of Caldwell; all of you, along with ESPN, were fooled until the end). That's pretty darned savvy.

Just because he tweets, which takes all of a few seconds, doesn't mean he's not working. Why don't you go do your jobs instead of wasting time on an internet forum bashing people you know nothing about? Geesh, do your job! We don't need drunken, bitter fans posting on Colts.com. We need fans who can do their job and prioritize football secondarily.

That's what you sound like, only less reasonable.