Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Scott Tolzien made the roster lol

Pacergeek

My point proven: no consequences for playing like trash, your job is safe. Tolzien was horrible the entire pre season, and still makes the roster. I don't have a problem keeping 3 QB's, but you cannot tell me with a straight face that there isn't a better QB on waivers right now than Tolzien. 

12 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

My point proven: no consequences for playing like trash, your job is safe. Tolzien was horrible the entire pre season, and still makes the roster. I don't have a problem keeping 3 QB's, but you cannot tell me with a straight face that there isn't a better QB on waivers right now than Tolzien. 

Tolzien was horrible in the first game, after that he did everything they expected of him.

30 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Did you watch more then just the first game

59 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

You have no clue.

8 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

I did. I saw the bush league RZ interception he threw vs Philly. Pass was a disgrace for a professional NFL QB

And he's other throws vs the ravens and Bengals. Look I'm not his biggest fan, but he's not as bad as you're making him out to be. He can manage games and that's really all you can ask for in a backup. 

1 hour ago, Pacergeek said:

For the Colts,  being a back-up QB isn't only about how you play.     It's about what value you can add on the sidelines during games,   or in the locker-room,   or in practice,  and in meeting rooms.    How can the back-up help Luck.      And no one here knows what happens there........

36 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

I did. I saw the bush league RZ interception he threw vs Philly. Pass was a disgrace for a professional NFL QB

The one into the end zone?     Where it looked like the receiver ran the wrong route?

You might want to consider just watching basketball.......     because you're not a geek about football.

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The one into the end zone?     Where it looked like the receiver ran the wrong route?

You might want to consider just watching basketball.......     because you're not a geek about football.

I kind of feel sorry for people who start threads just to see if they can fire people up.  I usually ignore them.  However, if they're serious then I really feel sorry for them.  

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Blaming the WR? Lmao. A real Qb cannot make that throw there period. Just threw it in the corner for the db to get. Awful throw

13 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Blaming the WR? Lmao. A real Qb cannot make that throw there period. Just threw it in the corner for the db to get. Awful throw

When you call for a fade in the corner of the EZ and the WR doesn't run that route,   then the play looks ridiculous......       the WR was no where near where the ball was.    Totally lost.

The DB had some sense and made the easy pick.      This is not all on the QB.

People who understand football know this.       People who don't,  well,  don't.

Guess which category you fall into?    

9 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Well a real QB obviously can make the throw you saw it with your own eyes hopefully he can learn from his mistake & show better judgement in the future IMO both back ups were kept because the coaches are not sold on 1 over the other just yet I can't recall the last time the Colts had more than 2 QB's to start the season . I don't expect 2 will be carrying clip boards for long its a one man job .

2 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

All in favor of banning the troll^ , say Aye

2 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

And if there is a better QB on the waiver wire right now that they want, they'll put in their waiver claim. If they get that player, then he'll be added of,the active roster tomorrow and either Morris or Tolzien will be cut.  Because that's how the waiver wire works. 

So your point about there being better QBs on the waiver wire is completely irrelevant to the fact that tolzien made the roster. None of the QBs on the waiver wire could possibly replace tolzien on the roster until tomorrow.  I'm afraid you blew your wad prematurely.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

When you call for a fade in the corner of the EZ and the WR doesn't run that route,   then the play looks ridiculous......       the WR was no where near where the ball was.    Totally lost.

The DB had some sense and made the easy pick.      This is not all on the QB.

People who understand football know this.       People who don't,  well,  don't.

Guess which category you fall into?    

I guess Rick Venturi, a former NFL coach, doesn't understand football then. I'm sure you have worked several years for an NFL team to be so qualified here.