Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Thought Makes Me Sick...

lance.acres

I was just reading an Indystar article that talked about how the New England Patriots will being using the Colts complex as their training HQ during their SB preparations (I just threw up in my mouth a little). It feels like having the enemy behind the front lines. What is your take on it?

Discuss...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i drove around downtown tonight, looks like victory field (baseball) is being setup as a huge training / practice facility or some sort of major HQ for something. HUGE white massive plastic material looking TENT, or housing or something. big enough to practice in thats for sure.

i drove around downtown tonight, looks like victory field (baseball) is being setup as a huge training / practice facility or some sort of major HQ for something. HUGE white massive plastic material looking TENT, or housing or something. big enough to practice in thats for sure.

They are having some kinda beach football game there.

Heh, makes me with we had better chances for next season. I would have loved for Peyton to play in the Super Dome, and enact a little revenge in his hometown.

Well for cryin' out loud, dont give up hope before the season even starts! I, for one, still believe that with a healthy Peyton Manning, we have a very good shot at playing in the Super Bowl next season!

I was just reading an Indystar article that talked about how the New England Patriots will being using the Colts complex as their training HQ during their SB preparations (I just threw up in my mouth a little). It feels like having the enemy behind the front lines. What is your take on it?

Discuss...

The thought of Brady and the pats, in our house playing without Peyton there to defend it makes me sick. I can't help but think that they are/will enjoy this SB more then the others knowing it's in our house and most of us(fans and players) are at home watching...it really is a shame I was really looking forward to watching Peyton and the colts play in the SB on their home turf....would have been great

Well ill be watching anyway... and I hope it's a good one!!

Oh... my definition of a good game... G-men by 30, Brady 15-40 4picks, a man can dream can't he!!

Discuss...

They'll be planting surveillance stuff EVERYWHERE.

Actually, most Patriot fans could care less where it is. Just like we didn't care when we were in New Orleans, Houston, or Jacksonville.

Sorry, but you guys are putting far too much emphasis on this. We Patriot fans don't even look at the Colts as a major rival anymore. That belongs to the Jets and Steelers.

Actually, most Patriot fans could care less where it is. Just like we didn't care when we were in New Orleans, Houston, or Jacksonville.

Sorry, but you guys are putting far too much emphasis on this. We Patriot fans don't even look at the Colts as a major rival anymore. That belongs to the Jets and Steelers.

Its funny the things that people overreact to. Oh and don't worry about the rivalry thing, give us a few years and we'll be back up there.

I can't help but think that they are/will enjoy this SB more then the others knowing it's in our house and most of us(fans and players) are at home watching...

You couldn't be more wrong about that. The location of this game is irrelevant to me and I haven't heard a single word uttered about the fact that the Super Bowl is in Indy. I know, as a fan, that I'm personally MUCH more focused on the fact that the Giants are a tough team and that this is going to be a hard game to win for NE.

They'll be planting surveillance stuff EVERYWHERE.

See, now that's funny... good stuff. lmao

Discuss...

The thought of Brady and the pats, in our house playing without Peyton there to defend it makes me sick. I can't help but think that they are/will enjoy this SB more then the others knowing it's in our house and most of us(fans and players) are at home watching...it really is a shame I was really looking forward to watching Peyton and the colts play in the SB on their home turf....would have been great

Well ill be watching anyway... and I hope it's a good one!!

Oh... my definition of a good game... G-men by 30, Brady 15-40 4picks, a man can dream can't he!!

Don't worry. There will be a Manning defending it. :banana:

...the New England Patriots will being using the Colts complex as their training HQ during their SB preparations (I just threw up in my mouth a little). It feels like having the enemy behind the front lines. What is your take on it?

Fine by me. I hope I have the opportunity to donate money for a plaque that reads: "Tom Brady cried here just like a little girl after he lost the Super Bowl in 2012" :)

Discuss...

Yes.... and since they are the home team in the SB I guess that means they use our locker room too.

Our temple is being defiled!!!

You couldn't be more wrong about that. The location of this game is irrelevant to me and I haven't heard a single word uttered about the fact that the Super Bowl is in Indy. I know, as a fan, that I'm personally MUCH more focused on the fact that the Giants are a tough team and that this is going to be a hard game to win for NE.

See, now that's funny... good stuff. lmao

shocking so many colt fans think it has to do with their team. No pats think of the colts other than the type of stadium it is. Geez..lets go back to the rose bowl for SBs:)

Discuss...

I hope we have all our play books sealed in a vault somewhere - no doubt they will bring in a team of spys. HAH!

I agree, the SB has to be played somewhere. I'm glad Indy got one.

I know, right. I mean when a dan Orlovsky lead Colts team hangs 400+ yards of offense against the sorry Pats D, we ALL know, if Manning had been playing it would not have been close enough to consider the Pats a rival.

Yes.... and since they are the home team in the SB I guess that means they use our locker room too.

Our temple is being defiled!!!

??? Would you prefer the SB being played somewhere else?

This is good for Indy economy. patriots is one of the better scenarios, there'd be no doubt they have a lot of rabid fans who'll follow their team to Indy and therefore spend their money on hotel, food, entertainment, etc. Imagine if it were Dolphins instead, Miami'ans probably care more about Heats than Dolphins, and LOS will be filled with more local people, and locals wouldn't need to spend as much on food & entertainment as out-of-state visitors might.

Posted · Hidden by Peytongirl, January 26, 2012 - troll
Hidden by Peytongirl, January 26, 2012 - troll

This will be my favorite win as a sportsfan, even better than 2004 comeback against the Yankees. Brady getting his 4th in the house that Payton built, and forever ending the Brady/Payton discussions and proving that 2007 was a fluke.

It might be hard, but I have decided this. Having the SB here is great! The money that will come from the Pats and Giants fans will be huge and very good for our local companies and people around the state. So as long as the Giants win, the Pats spend millions upon millions....I will be happy.

This will be my favorite win as a sportsfan, even better than 2004 comeback against the Yankees. Brady getting his 4th in the house that Payton built, and forever ending the Brady/Payton discussions and proving that 2007 was a fluke.

If you are going to try to get a rise out of Colts fans you might want to at least spell our QB's name right. It's Peyton not Payton. I am the last person on here to correct someone on spelling because I have dyslexia and miss spell words all the tme but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect people to know how to spell Peyton Manning's name.

??? Would you prefer the SB being played somewhere else? This is good for Indy economy. patriots is one of the better scenarios, there'd be no doubt they have a lot of rabid fans who'll follow their team to Indy and therefore spend their money on hotel, food, entertainment, etc. Imagine if it were Dolphins instead, Miami'ans probably care more about Heats than Dolphins, and LOS will be filled with more local people, and locals wouldn't need to spend as much on food & entertainment as out-of-state visitors might.

LOL.... welcome to the Forum dmash....I like to drop a joke or a wise crack every once in a while. Thats all that was.

I'm glad that Indy got a Super Bowl and the local economy will get a nice bump from it.

Two quick things.

1. I'm not sure if something that happens 4 years later proves or disproves anything.

2. Your post may have a bit more validity if you knew how to actually spell the name of the person you are talking about. I'm not the spelling police or anything, it's just a suggestion.