Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Turbin and Gore

bap1331

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I think we have what we need.

To be honest, I'm uneasy about even playing them in the last 2 games....

We're ready to go in the backfield

What? The only person who is set in stone Is gore and he only had 1 run this game? Todman turbin and Ferguson need as many reps in the preseason to see the pecking order. I still haven't seen a complete #2 back yet. Maybe turbin will sell me on his play tonight after I rewatch the game but I don't think he's for sure #2 yet.

4 minutes ago, twfish said:

What? The only person who is set in stone Is gore and he only had 1 run this game? Todman turbin and Ferguson need as many reps in the preseason to see the pecking order. I still haven't seen a complete #2 back yet. Maybe turbin will sell me on his play tonight after I rewatch the game but I don't think he's for sure #2 yet.

Todman is your No. 2 back.

You can only run running backs so many times.

Gore cant show you anything you don't know. One carry is one more than I'd have run him in the pre-season.

Got to get running backs off the field in the pre-season. if you want them to play most of the season.

Only so much gas in the tank

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Gore cant show you anything you don't know. One carry is one more than I'd have run him in the pre-season.

Got to get running backs off the field in the pre-season. if you want them to play most of the season.

Just want to make this clear I'm not arguing with you about gore. I'm with you on that. However I just don't see there being anyone that's a definitive #2 yet. What makes you beleive he is the definite #2? I'm not being a smart a$$, I respect you as a poster and your knowledge so I'm just curious 

1 minute ago, twfish said:

Just want to make this clear I'm not arguing with you about gore. I'm with you on that. However I just don't see there being anyone that's a definitive #2 yet. What makes you beleive he is the definite #2? I'm not being a smart a$$, I respect you as a poster and your knowledge so I'm just curious 

I don't look at him as a rookie..

Todman has averaged something like 4 yards a carry for his career...catches the ball well out of the backfield.

To me, he doesn't have to prove himself...hes healthy...lets bubble wrap him until the opener

Frank Gore s the main man....beyond that, to me, we just need healthy backs..

I see RB as a high risk position...with a lot of casualties...I;m scared of playing anyone I know will make the roster a lot in the pre-season...and getting the hurt

The running back 'pecking order' can work itself out once the season begins

• I really don't see the hype in Turbin. He's an OK running back, and I don't feel good at all if Gore ever went down for a long period of time. I was hoping the Colts would go after a quicker and more shifty RB in the draft or free agency..

I really miss Bradshaw. I loved the energy he brought to our team and his presence in the passing game. Damn injuries!

12 hours ago, bap1331 said:

The title says it all. What can we say? That duo would tire defenses like none other...

I think I would take AP and whoever backs him up in Minnesota.   But like Malakai said, they're big boys.  Let's hope they wear their big boy pants and deliver us at least a middle of the pack result to go along with our top notch passing game.  

10 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

So you'd not play gore at all?  Not get him ready for real game speed and hits? Something tells me you never played real football. 

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

So you'd not play gore at all?  Not get him ready for real game speed and hits? Something tells me you never played real football. 

Seriously Narco,   You're not making sense/ You know Frank Gore only has so many carries in him.

If he's practicing, there's no need to expose him to hits in meaningless games at his age...

Luck and Gore wont play the final week anyway... ....any 'real game speed and hits' they got for less than a quarter two weeks earlier are irrelevant.

Think about it....college players dont play pre-season games.

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Gore is a seasoned vet and always has himself in shape. He has himself ready for the season and don't need any work to get ready. If you have ever been to a practice you would know that. He works pretty much alone most of the time.

22 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Seriously Narco,   You're not making sense/ You know Frank Gore only has so many carries in him.

If he's practicing, there's no need to expose him to hits in meaningless games at his age...

Luck and Gore wont play the final week anyway... ....any 'real game speed and hits' they got for less than a quarter two weeks earlier are irrelevant.

Think about it....college players dont play pre-season games.

Makes plenty of sense.  you take months off of doing something, its always good to get some plays in to refresh yourself to the everything that youre going to need to do and what its going to feel like.  That's what professionals do in those kinds of jobs.  Military airborne, before every jump you still go through PLF movements, actions in the air, etc., and you jump atleast every 3 months. 

And I don't believe carry counts at all.  If he gets injured first run, are you going to say that he only had 1 carry left in him?  If he makes the entire season, then what? 

On 8/20/2016 at 10:42 PM, oldunclemark said:

If Toddman is our #2 back someone should tell the coaches. He's barely had any playing time thus far.

Turbin is the #2 back as of now. However, I would like to see Toddman get some PT so he can push for the spot. 

Turbin is an animal in pass protection.  I saw 2 or 3 where Luck could have been killed but Turbin made the right read and picked up the blitzer or lineman coming in free. Others did ok, but all have a ways to go to catch up with Turbin in this area.  That being said, it is preseason, so got to start somewhere. 

Turbin is good in pass pro. I'm not excited about him otherwise. He seems sluggish and indecisive when he gets the handoff, doesn't look like he has the speed to turn the corner, and he I think he missed opportunities to get big gains. I really think the first team OL did some good stuff run blocking, but Turbin couldn't capitalize. 

Todman has a little more speed and burst. Trey Williams has looked better than anyone. 

If it were me I'd give Gore one more series.  He won't play in the finale so you'd be looking at 2 weeks without any live contact until opening week.  I don't want him hurt either but you have to give him a few carries just to knock the rust off.  After that he can sit.  We already know what we have with Turbin too so give him the next series.  Then let Todman, Ferguson, and Williams battle it out the rest of the game.

9 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

If it were me I'd give Gore one more series.  He won't play in the finale so you'd be looking at 2 weeks without any live contact until opening week.  I don't want him hurt either but you have to give him a few carries just to knock the rust off.  After that he can sit.  We already know what we have with Turbin too so give him the next series.  Then let Todman, Ferguson, and Williams battle it out the rest of the game.

No you don't. I think Gore had 1 carry last preseason 

I'm with Supe I like Trey and don't see much in Turbin running the ball. Keep 30 Gore Trey Todman send Ferguson to the PS. 

On 8/21/2016 at 5:52 AM, Narcosys said:

After his rookie year, LaDanian Tomlinson never played in the preseason. Ever. 

It works for some people. Gore is a pro with lots of experience, he knows football. If there's anybody on this roster who can be ready to go Week 1 with no more preseason reps, it's Frank Gore. I assume they'll give him a series or two on Saturday, but I don't think he needs it. I'd rather he didn't play, honestly.

15 hours ago, Superman said:

Turbin is good in pass pro. I'm not excited about him otherwise. He seems sluggish and indecisive when he gets the handoff, doesn't look like he has the speed to turn the corner, and he I think he missed opportunities to get big gains. I really think the first team OL did some good stuff run blocking, but Turbin couldn't capitalize. 

Todman has a little more speed and burst. Trey Williams has looked better than anyone. 

Pagano said the backup position behind Gore is "Very Fluid" so I hope they'll showcase Trey a little more on Saturday.  The intention for Turbin really is for the Short Yardage game although he does have ability to get increased carries if needed.  He runs 4.4 so he's got some speed, but may be more suited for the inside zone game than the outside zones.

Ideally I think we are looking for one of Ferguson, Todman, Williams to step up and that person will probably get more carries than Turbin.  I agree that Williams looks better.  We'll see.....