Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts to honor SB XLI team at LOS on 11/20 vs. Titans

bababooey

per Colts.com

INDIANAPOLIS – In a 2016 season already filled with honors and recognition, add Nov. 20 to the list of important dates.

On that Sunday afternoon at Lucas Oil Stadium, the Colts will be honoring their victorious Super Bowl XLI team during a 1:00 p.m. EST game against the Tennessee Titans.

The reunion will include the 2006 team being introduced at halftime.

This year marks the 10-year anniversary of the Colts’ first World Championship in Indianapolis.

Back in March, Peyton Manning spoke to a possible reunion coming in the fall.

"The 10-year anniversary is exciting," Manning said. "I hope we do something because everybody is so spread out now. 

"That 2006 team was a special team. I look forward to (a reunion). If it’s the 10, or the 15, or the 20, I will be at all of them. I can assure you.” 

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Super-Bowl-XLI-Reunion-To-Take-Place-This-November/771a80f2-00a9-430d-b7ff-1f1c52b8d721

Surprised it's not the Bears game over the holiday weekend.

I jumped on it and purchased two tickets. I'm not sure how the Indy marketplace looks like but in NY whenever they announce something (Jeter's retirement for example) the prices skyrocket. I can't believe I got 20th row in the endzone for the price I paid.

I've been to Indy once and just to the stadium for a game as we came from Cincinnati. Fiance and I are planning on making a weekend out of it and exploring Indy. Can anybody let me know the following?:

- How far is Indy airport from downtown?

- What hotels in downtown do you recommend?

- Is there a hotel you can walk to LOS from that isn't crazy far?

- Would you recommend renting a car for the weekend or just uber to/from the airport and walk around downtown with occasional ubers if needed?

- How far is St. Elmo's from LOS (is it in downtown near any hotels)?

- What else is there to do? My family from Cinci goes to the children's museum with their kids but we don't have kids. Perhaps there is a bar people go to watch college football? Notre Dame is playing that day but if we are doing football Sunday I'm sure we (she) would prefer a non-football activity on the day before so any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks!

@bababooey  We have always stayed downtown on the weekend of games.  Most hotels, restaurants and shopping are all within walking distance to LOS.   If you uber from the airport, I really don't think you'll need a car.   We drive over, and never get in our car until it is time to head home. :dunno: 

St. Elmo is  downtown, once again within walking distance to many hotels.

6 hours ago, bababooey said:

I jumped on it and purchased two tickets. I'm not sure how the Indy marketplace looks like but in NY whenever they announce something (Jeter's retirement for example) the prices skyrocket. I can't believe I got 20th row in the endzone for the price I paid.

I've been to Indy once and just to the stadium for a game as we came from Cincinnati. Fiance and I are planning on making a weekend out of it and exploring Indy. Can anybody let me know the following?:

- How far is Indy airport from downtown?

- What hotels in downtown do you recommend?

- Is there a hotel you can walk to LOS from that isn't crazy far?

- Would you recommend renting a car for the weekend or just uber to/from the airport and walk around downtown with occasional ubers if needed?

- How far is St. Elmo's from LOS (is it in downtown near any hotels)?

- What else is there to do? My family from Cinci goes to the children's museum with their kids but we don't have kids. Perhaps there is a bar people go to watch college football? Notre Dame is playing that day but if we are doing football Sunday I'm sure we (she) would prefer a non-football activity on the day before so any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks!

Gramz pretty much covered downtown Indy. The only thing I might add is there are places to eat within walking distance that covers all taste and budgets. Maybe look around at Visit Indy.com to get a couple of ideas. It has maps of places to eat and the list of hotels close to LOS.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah if you get a chance eat at St Elmo. Their steaks are awesome and so is their cocktail shrimp and sauce.

I heard so much about how it's amazing and I'm a big Parks and Rec fan and they went there a couple times in the show. Im torn between going either the night before the game or after the game. I figure probably can see one or two Super Bowl players the night before but the current ones and older ones might go after the game the next day

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Gramz pretty much covered downtown Indy. The only thing I might add is there are places to eat within walking distance that covers all taste and budgets. Maybe look around at Visit Indy.com to get a couple of ideas. It has maps of places to eat and the list of hotels close to LOS.

Gramz got it right.  We like the Embassy but whichever you decide, book early.  Like now.  I book as soon as the schedule comes out and we decide on our game(s). 

Dont need a car downtown.  

5 hours ago, CF4L said:

Hopefully they'll show the tribute for those watching at home...

That's what I'd like to see too. Some quality broadcast TV time devoted on air to seeing the old gang together again. 

Have fun bababooey, Gramz, & any other fan fortunate enough to add the festive celebration. 

31 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

That's what I'd like to see too. Some quality broadcast TV time devoted on air to seeing the old gang together again. 

Have fun bababooey, Gramz, & any other fan fortunate enough to add the festive celebration. 

I could be wrong but I doubt that they will show much of the celebration. The sponsor's want their moneys worth in the time slots they bought. I am sure we will get to see it but not likely live as it happens. I hope I'm wrong.

8 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I could be wrong but I doubt that they will show much of the celebration. The sponsor's want their moneys worth in the time slots they bought. I am sure we will get to see it but not likely live as it happens. I hope I'm wrong.

You're probably right CC1. Broadcast networks wanna appease all their all their corporate sponsors. God forbid any displaced Colts fans across the nation or globe get to see a shining moment in our franchise's history. Sigh. Yeah I know, Jimmy will post the event on the official website eventually. 

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I know they will have it on the website after the game like how I was able to watch Jeff Saturday. I was at Colts Giants MNF two years ago in NY when they honked Strahan getting into the HoF so I got to see that live but I taped the game and I think they only showed like a replay of the end of his speech when halftime ended before the kickoff. They always put up the videos like of Peyton and Reggie on the website but we did get to see Peyton return the first time live on tv which was great.

Bababooey, you inspired me to check out that weekend.  My buddies and I are going to the SD game but my family hasn't decided which game we're going to yet.

So I checked out the Hilton website and there's rooms available at the Embassy, Homewood, and I think the Hampton, at reasonable rates (helps if you have AAA or can get the government rate).

So, maybe I'll see you there!.  I'll just keep yelling Bababooey after McAfee tees off.

18 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Bababooey, you inspired me to check out that weekend.  My buddies and I are going to the SD game but my family hasn't decided which game we're going to yet.

So I checked out the Hilton website and there's rooms available at the Embassy, Homewood, and I think the Hampton, at reasonable rates (helps if you have AAA or can get the government rate).

So, maybe I'll see you there!.  I'll just keep yelling Bababooey after McAfee tees off.

We're at the Embassy that weekend too.

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Thanks pal, I used my credit card points to get into the Sheraton. Now to find something to do the day before in Indy...

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

I know they will have it on the website after the game like how I was able to watch Jeff Saturday. I was at Colts Giants MNF two years ago in NY when they honked Strahan getting into the HoF so I got to see that live but I taped the game and I think they only showed like a replay of the end of his speech when halftime ended before the kickoff. They always put up the videos like of Peyton and Reggie on the website but we did get to see Peyton return the first time live on tv which was great.

Honored* oops not honked

15 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Thanks pal, I used my credit card points to get into the Sheraton. Now to find something to do the day before in Indy...

There should be some festivities planned. Let me know should you hear of anything and I will do the same 

Bababooey, if you & Gramz do hook up, I mean meet up; I expect pictures on at least 1 or both of your Colts profile pages. That means somebody has to either bring a digital camera or a cell phone with a good camera inside it. 

All kidding aside, have a blast you guys! See if you can a get a picture with Saturday too. A tall order I know, but I love Jeff. The guy is just awesome in my book. I revere everybody on the 2006 roster of course. 

Is Peyton scheduled to be there too? Sweet. Gramz might get a chance to meet the 2 time SB Champion in the flesh! Nice. I'm pulling for ya Gramz. It's gonna happen. I can feel it. 

If you don't catch a photo op with 18 at LOS. There's always Canton, Ohio & the HOF induction ceremony too, but since your a Hoosier State native, doing it closer to home would be cooler IMO. 

Bababooey, tell your fiancee or wife that Eli & the Giants are gonna kick caboose this yr. & win the NFC East on defense alone. Book it. 

1 hour ago, JColts72 said:

I'm sure the tickets for this game now will be skyrocketing.

As of yesterday they were still reasonable.    

Weekend before Thanksgiving. Not sure if that means more or less potential travelers.  

@bababooey The airport is 7 miles from downtown.  There are shuttles to take you downtown.  No need for a rental car.  What you do depends on the weather.  If it's nice, you can walk and sightsee.

If it's rainy you just have to decide what you like best.  Tons of food, bars, and other events going on downtown.

Here are some Hot Date ideas: http://www.downtownindy.org/happening-downtown/hot/50-date-ideas-for-less-than-50-in-downtown-indy/

I think the City Market is fun.  you can shop and eat lunch: http://www.indycm.com/

There are 'catacombs' beneath the city market but no tours in November I don't think: http://www.downtownindy.org/events/1469/city-market-catacombs-tours/

There is often something going on on Georgia St: http://www.georgiastreetindy.com/

Mass Ave is worth going to.  Lots of bars, restaurants and shops: http://www.discovermassave.com/

Lockerbie Square is a really cute historic neighborhood near mass ave.  It's a pleasant walk if the weather is nice: http://www.downtownindy.org/neighborhoods/lockerbie-square/

Game day you'll want to wander around the stadium area.  Lots going on outside the stadium.

7 hours ago, Nadine said:

I think the City Market is fun.  you can shop and eat lunch: http://www.indycm.com/

There are 'catacombs' beneath the city market but no tours in November I don't think: http://www.downtownindy.org/events/1469/city-market-catacombs-tours/

There is often something going on on Georgia St: http://www.georgiastreetindy.com/

Mass Ave is worth going to.  Lots of bars, restaurants and shops: http://www.discovermassave.com/

Lockerbie Square is a really cute historic neighborhood near mass ave.  It's a pleasant walk if the weather is nice: http://www.downtownindy.org/neighborhoods/lockerbie-square/

Game day you'll want to wander around the stadium area.  Lots going on outside the stadium.

Thank you for all this info. Great to have, looking forward to it 

• 3 months later...

I will be there looking at the big screen from section 101.  I'm excited to see some of these guys who have been away for a while.  I mean what the heck ever happened to Tarik Glenn?  Or Ryan Diem?  Or Marlin Jackson?  Kelvin Hayden?  Terrence Wilkins?  Raheem Brock?  Lots of guys I had forgotten about that made major contributions.

You can rewatch the 2006 AFCCG against the Patriots on YouTube any time for free as the NFL made it available in August, and you can also see the SB game from the archives if you have GamePass subscription. I just did it recently at it was great to see the good old jersey names and to hear their names called on the play by play.

3 minutes ago, Gyworks said:

7 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I will be there looking at the big screen from section 101.  I'm excited to see some of these guys who have been away for a while.  I mean what the heck ever happened to Tarik Glenn?  Or Ryan Diem?  Or Marlin Jackson?  Kelvin Hayden?  Terrence Wilkins?  Raheem Brock?  Lots of guys I had forgotten about that made major contributions.

I will be there too this just adds a layer of excitement

Re-visiting this thread to check in to see who all will be at the game this weekend, and see what festivities any of you have planned.   We will be in town Saturday  through the game on Sunday.  Would love to meet up with some of you at some point.

14 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Re-visiting this thread to check in to see who all will be at the game this weekend, and see what festivities any of you have planned.   We will be in town Saturday  through the game on Sunday.  Would love to meet up with some of you at some point.

I wont be there but I think it's awesome that this reunion is happening after the BYE week and it's the biggest game of the season to this point as well. To see players like Peyton, Reggie, Marv, and Bob again will bring back great memories.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 2:46 AM, Nadine said:

@bababooey The airport is 7 miles from downtown.  There are shuttles to take you downtown.  No need for a rental car.  What you do depends on the weather.  If it's nice, you can walk and sightsee.

If it's rainy you just have to decide what you like best.  Tons of food, bars, and other events going on downtown.

Here are some Hot Date ideas: http://www.downtownindy.org/happening-downtown/hot/50-date-ideas-for-less-than-50-in-downtown-indy/

If I was coming from out of town that is what I would do. I would get a hotel booked up for Sunday by the airport, get shuttled near LOS, go to the game, and eat at St Elmo's after the game. During the game I would snack a little and hammer down a couple of beers LOL. After eating at St Elmo's get back to the hotel room and party and watch the Sunday Night game.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wont be there but I think it's awesome that this reunion is happening after the BYE week and it's the biggest game of the season to this point as well. To see players like Peyton, Reggie, Marv, and Bob again will bring back great memories.

No Marv or Dungy unfortunately

On 7/11/2016 at 7:22 PM, Gramz said:

Thanks for the message this morning.   Got our tickets, got our hotel booked and can't wait.

Indy is one of the easiest towns to walk around in.  You won't need a car.  Find the circle center mall and start there.  Restaurants are all close to there and it's a 10 minute walk to LOS

Make sure your fiancé knows she cannot take a purse into the stadium 

19 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Indy is one of the easiest towns to walk around in.  You won't need a car.  Find the circle center mall and start there.  Restaurants are all close to there and it's a 10 minute walk to LOS

Make sure your fiancé knows she cannot take a purse into the stadium 

Um, well, never mind. 

I'll let her explain.     :)

Or, maybe you quoted the wrong person.