Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brent grimes released

2 minutes ago, Derakynn said:

Will be 33 before the start of the season. I think we are probably shifting somewhat to build for longevity rather than signing old guys to help out for a year or two. 

He's still playing at a high level

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

He's still playing at a high level

Yes he has but for the money he wants I would not risk it plus I would rather find someone younger.  I would take him if he was willing to take less money but it is hard to give him close to Vontae money for the next two or three years when he will be 33.

I'd be interested in this.  I'd rather have a longer term solution, but we've got to come out of FA with someone capable of starting opposite Davis.  Grimes would be a low-end solution, but he may be a more economical one.

15 minutes ago, Archer said:

I'd be interested in this.  I'd rather have a longer term solution, but we've got to come out of FA with someone capable of starting opposite Davis.  Grimes would be a low-end solution, but he may be a more economical one.

I agree about this.

2 hours ago, Archer said:

I can't bring myself to care about an NFL wife's twitter feed...

you may not care but i do remember reading that it caused a lot of friction in the Phins locker room when she went on her rampage saying how much Tannehill sucks and how stupid the FO is for paying him lol

4 hours ago, krunk said:

I know Colts 449 is going to be mad.  I see the Dolphins also picked up Kiko Alonso to go along with that Byron Maxwell deal.

LOL yep. I was hoping so bad we'd trade for Alonso. He's the kind of playmaking ILB we need.