Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck's last lockerroom interview

achcolts

Sorry if this has already been posted, but did anyone watch this?

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/Colts_QB_Andrew_Luck_Season_Has_Been_Trying/c8994b5c-4443-4750-b566-6a3d07936823

most interesting part for me was when asked about continuity vs change (i think angled towards the coaching/FO staff) he said something like "obviously you dont want to be surrounded by a bunch of new teammates every year" (about the personnel aka what grigson controls) (around 4:25).   and then a little after says "you wish you can have continuity for everything, but if iits not working, its not working. if change is what this team needs to make us better, then yea sure great"

whole video is just a very interesting take overall

46 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

He wanted Pagano gone,  but was scared to say it. Thats what I read into it. 

Of course you would.

Andrew Luck LOVES Pagano.  

And the fact that you HATE Pagano is why you have no idea that that's true.

Luck was being diplomatic about teammates and coaches.    He knows some are going to leave -- some do every year.    But he knows with this year, more than ever are going to be leaving.    He's showing compassion for them while signaling that he understands the business is all about the bottom line.  

Winning is everything and if he means change and people leaving,  then so be it.

52 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

Interesting take...I heard nothing but praise for Pagano. The question was more directed to players (bringing the same players back or rebuilding).

When I look at the Pats game, the Carolina game and Denver game, I see a team that is close and in the two losses, could have won, if they hadn't shot themselves in the foot.

What I find interesting in this interview is that Luck seems to becoming a bit more blunt, though always in a respectful way. 

I remember in 2012 in his interviews he basically said nothing while using so many words... would never speak his mind it seemed and was always guarded.

Here, though he certainly isn't throwing anyone under the bus, you can tell he is giving his honest take on the situation.

I likes it.  I likes it a lot.

3 hours ago, YourNextGM said:

7 hours ago, achcolts said:

Sorry if this has already been posted, but did anyone watch this?

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/Colts_QB_Andrew_Luck_Season_Has_Been_Trying/c8994b5c-4443-4750-b566-6a3d07936823

most interesting part for me was when asked about continuity vs change (i think angled towards the coaching/FO staff) he said something like "obviously you dont want to be surrounded by a bunch of new teammates every year" (about the personnel aka what grigson controls) (around 4:25).   and then a little after says "you wish you can have continuity for everything, but if iits not working, its not working. if change is what this team needs to make us better, then yea sure great"

whole video is just a very interesting take overall

FYI.....that interview was conducted PRIOR to the Announcement that pagano was staying.......Almost 14 hours prior.................................................................

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Of course you would.

Andrew Luck LOVES Pagano.  

And the fact that you HATE Pagano is why you have no idea that that's true.

Luck was being diplomatic about teammates and coaches.    He knows some are going to leave -- some do every year.    But he knows with this year, more than ever are going to be leaving.    He's showing compassion for them while signaling that he understands the business is all about the bottom line.  

Winning is everything and if he means change and people leaving,  then so be it.

Andrew Luck would love Hitler ams Stalin. Its just not in his nature to hate.  But Im sure he woulda have loved a new coach.  A real Head Coach.  Now he's doomed to watch Russell Wilson be better than him.  

16 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

Andrew LucSeattleld love Hitler ams Stalin. Its just not in his nature to hate.  But Im sure he woulda have loved a new coach.  A real Head Coach.  Now he's doomed to watch Russell Wilson be better than him.   

Russell Wilson IS surrounded by better players, the seahawks have built a very good football team. Its the players not the scheme that makes Seattlet better. Wilson Is also more mobile which helps there Oline. So If you want to blame anybody blame Grigson not Pagano.

41 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

Andrew Luck would love Hitler ams Stalin. Its just not in his nature to hate.  But Im sure he woulda have loved a new coach.  A real Head Coach.  Now he's doomed to watch Russell Wilson be better than him.  

You are not sure of anything. One thing most of us in this forum are sure of is your inability to understand what someone said. By adding your own spin on what Luck said it leads me to believe your grasp on reality is off base. Seriously, you need help.

5 hours ago, YourNextGM said:

I'm not sure you're aware of this.....

But people can actually READ your posts.      They're out here in the public domain for everyone to see.

In case you weren't sure,  this is NOT good news for you.       

Andrew Luck is smart enough to know how to say something if he didn't like Pagano.    Publicly and privately.

He's extraordinarily smart.    He's sees the Big Picture.     He's going to get a long term deal and stay with the Colts.      He doesn't lose sleep over things like "being doomed to watch Russell Wilson be better than him."   That's not on his radar and never will be.     And if you don't know that,  then you don't know Andrew Luck.

7 hours ago, YourNextGM said:

Oh the stupidity. I'm afraid you need to seek psychological help. 

10 hours ago, YourNextGM said:

Yeah because Wilson looked like HOF material last game with a 50% completion rate, 140 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT and a fumble.  Pete Carroll coached such a masterful game that they relied on a botched chip shot to miraculously win!  It was the epitome of world class coaching and QB play.

14 hours ago, csmopar said:

FYI.....that interview was conducted PRIOR to the Announcement that pagano was staying.......Almost 14 hours prior.................................................................

i know that it was before. just wanted to point out how andrew was feeling before it was all said and done. if you ask me it seemed like he wanted grigs gone or just better decisions by grigs. seemed ticked there were new faces every year instead of building chemistry and developing