Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ben Rothlisberger

oldunclemark

I'm not exactly sure what I saw with him Saturday night..

...Big Ben got sacked and was carted off the field, indicating that it would have aggravated his injury more if he walked off

When he came back....he stood and watched aa his team turned the ball over in what should have been their final possession.

When Cincy was lucky enough to get the ball back....al of a sudden....with no further treatment, Ben went back in and threw short passes..

....Ben obviously told Mike Tomlin he could go back in and he wanted to...

But if it was bad enough for him not to go in on his first post-injury possession, how did he go back in 5 minutes later?

And what is that injury...because he's not talking about it.

It was a great, great come-from-behind moment for Ben and the Steeelrs....but how did he do it and what exactly did he do?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben is a drama king. He did not need to be carted off for an arm injury that clearly was not serious as he came back in to lead the winning drive. He reminds me more and more of Favre toward the end where every injury was made out to be serious only to have him return. The old warrior ...

3 hours ago, amfootball said:

Ben is a drama king. He did not need to be carted off for an arm injury that clearly was not serious as he came back in to lead the winning drive. He reminds me more and more of Favre toward the end where every injury was made out to be serious only to have him return. The old warrior ...

There is some theatrics involved IMO for sure.......

One Las Vegas oddsmaker says that Denver is a 6-point favorite over Pittsburgh if Ben plays

...and an 11-point favorite if he does not..

Reports vary but one says (NFL Net) that Ben has a separated right shoulder.

He's almost certain to play because I think its basically up to him...

....but just because he came back in and threw a half dozen soft passes doesn't mean his injury is not serious

Ben is going to play. One of the sites I trust has Denver at minus six, and they won't post a number until they are sure if a player is going to go or not. Will Antonio go, my guess is yes. Just remember, as far as lines,

if Pitt was healthy, no questions about Ben or Antonio, Denver would be at most a three pt. favorite.

Peyton is still having problems pushing off the back foot for long throws and when he needs velocity. The major weakness Pitt has is their corners, and Peyton's foot and how it affects his throwing could really help Pitts corners if they don't need to worry about the deep ball or outside the hash marks.

I didn't see Peyton having problems against SD...and he's going to be 2 weeks further in working.

If Ben and Antonio Brown  were healthy but there were no questions about Peyton, I believe 6 or 7 would be the number..

Ben will play because its up to him....just like it was up to Peyton against KC, when he threw 4 interceptions.

Its not up to Antonio Brown. If he doesn't pass 2 tests, he's out.

But Antonio Smith not playing doesn't hurt Pitt nearly as much as Ben being out.

I would agree, though...it a number is posted, someone knows something. There was no number Sunday night

He has some sort of sprained shoulder joint I read in a lot of places. The severity I bet you never know or find out. Bringing out the cart though on Saturday night was kinda cute though for a shoulder....

Sounds like a pain management issue to me but then again I don't know the details. 

He will play Sunday for sure.

If he doesn't then the Steelers throw out that awful backup dude who looks like Rodgers with the stache with the helmet on without any of the talent of Rodgers.

If Ben did not play (and I expect this to be dramatized all week) then the Steelers might as well not even fly to Denver. He will play and I do think at times he might suprise us.

When Ben has seemed the most limited to me with injuries is often when it's his ankles or legs or lower body in general. He depends a lot on his strength down below and mobility.

The Steelers run D is stronger then their pass D by far. I suspect both QBs are going to have a tough time in this game pounding the rock at times. 

Ben isn't acting, he had the classic case of an AC separation.  Since this is the post season, and there is little chance of long term effects from playing, I expect the team to treat the swelling vigorously and limit or hold him out of practice until late in the week, like Friday and even then in limited capacity?  Then he will get every legal drug to get him out on the field Sunday.

A. Brown?  No drug in the world (legal or illegal) will help him pass baseline concussion test if he is even moderately concussed.  I am not sure A. Brown plays, and Big Ben is likely to play.  My hunch, anyway.

http://www.sportsandortho.com/minneapolis/ac-joint-separation.htm

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Ben isn't acting, he had the classic case of an AC separation.  Since this is the post season, and there is little chance of long term effects from playing, I expect the team to treat the swelling vigorously and limit or hold him out of practice until late in the week, like Friday and even then in limited capacity?  Then he will get every legal drug to get him out on the field Sunday.

Thats what I am looking forward to seeing. How much Big Ben can fly.....high Sunday. lmaolmaolmaolmao

9 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Maybe he will be zombified, but just a zombie that throws picks often.

Hard to say, I feel like I can never count out the Steelers though. Years and years upon years of agony......

Years.

Decades.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Hard to say, I feel like I can never count out the Steelers though. Years and years upon years of agony......

Years.

Decades.

Yeah, I sure as heck wouldn't count them out.  I had a really bad feeling once Ben came back in the Bengals game it was over.  Pacman and Burfict being the derps they are, didn't help.

Just now, Malakai432 said:

Yeah, I sure as heck wouldn't count them out.  I had a really bad feeling once Ben came back in the Bengals game it was over.  Pacman and Burfict being the derps they are, didn't help.

Oh that was just too classic, it was like a story you could write. The Steelers looked dead as hell for a while there then they get some fumble and then Ben returns like a bat out of hell in the dark night in the rain.

I am going to call Ben "the bat" now. He is the bat and Peyton is the GOAT. It's the non human divisional round game.

4 minutes ago, Jules said:

Oh that was just too classic, it was like a story you could write. The Steelers looked dead as hell for a while there then they get some fumble and then Ben returns like a bat out of hell in the dark night in the rain.

I am going to call Ben "the bat" now. He is the bat and Peyton is the GOAT. It's the non human divisional round game.

Yeah as much as I cannot stand Ben, I've learned not to doubt his ability..........

2 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah as much as I cannot stand Ben, I've learned not to doubt his ability..........

Steelers can sometimes give us heart attack playoff games. It's something I often notice when they win. It's all this messy stuff jumbled in at the end. Kinda like in 2005 too with us.

Hmmm, Big Ben saying he is sore and is Day to Day is not a ringing endorsement of being ready to play.  Still, I think he doesn't practice or is limited and plays Sunday.

On A. Brown from the article = "That’s a quick turnaround considering the jarring blow, and we’ll see when Brown is cleared by an independent neurologist, or whether that’s someone on the football side of things speculating to Dulac about something they can’t possibly know."

Another source is opposite on Brown-

A. Brown does days to improve, but this one won't be clear until Friday-Saturday time frame.

On 1/10/2016 at 1:51 PM, amfootball said:

Foot in mouth taste good yet?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000621450/article/ben-roethlisberger-has-torn-ligaments-in-shoulder

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Right. Just like he had that busted up ankle and was the back up and only to be called upon and went and led a blow out win. Then Saturday he is carted off for  a shoulder injury only to return and not play until the last drive where he led the game winner. He is the very definition of drama king. He will wince every throw and do wind mills to try to stretch it out to make sure everyone knows he is the warrior and toughest QB in the game but he will play fine. Similar to Favre who also played well when injured but enjoyed the drama ...

31 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Right. Just like he had that busted up ankle and was the back up and only to be called upon and went and led a blow out win. Then Saturday he is carted off for  a shoulder injury only to return and not play until the last drive where he led the game winner. He is the very definition of drama king. He will wince every throw and do wind mills to try to stretch it out to make sure everyone knows he is the warrior and toughest QB in the game but he will play fine. Similar to Favre who also played well when injured but enjoyed the drama ...

Facts don't cease to exist because you ignore them. Ben is legitimately hurt and while he did come in for that last drive, he clearly couldn't push the ball more than 5-7 yards down the field and had very little velocity on the throws.

No matter what's said, Roethlisberger & Brown will in all likelihood play. If they don't, Denver wins going away. If BB does play, I guarantee Denver will bring the house on him many, many times. Brown is in concussion protocol until Friday ... all of a sudden he'll be cleared. :)

Take everything with a grain of salt. It'll serve you well.

4 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

No matter what's said, Roethlisberger & Brown will in all likelihood play. If they don't, Denver wins going away. If BB does play, I guarantee Denver will bring the house on him many, many times. Brown is in concussion protocol until Friday ... all of a sudden he'll be cleared. :)

Exactly. They are all playing. Injuries will be played up all week and then if they win, it will be the warriors have somehow beaten all odds and beat the top seed. If they lose, blame the injuries. It is the Steeler way.

3 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

I never said he wouldn't play.  But he does have torn ligaments and shoulder sprain.  Just posting facts 

A wise friend once suggested that. 

44 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

I never said he wouldn't play.  But he does have torn ligaments and shoulder sprain.  Just posting facts 

A wise friend once suggested that. 

Exactly. And touche' my friend. :) Just posted my message for all of our youngsters who frequent the best forum in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Shane Bond said:

And he doesn't yell at refs when losing. Talk about real drama.

That is exactly what I don't get.  I've sat quiet reading her cries of drama this and drama that for the past 3 days and can barely stand the soaked irony that a Brady fan calls anyone else dramatic.  It is so delusional that it's almost comical.  Almost.  

Check out this skewed reality:

A.  Ben is faking and dramatizing a fake injury that isn't fake based on Ben riding a cart that most likely he was told to get on....

B. Brady isn't any drama at all when he yells at refs for calls, or yells at coaches when he does bad, or is on the injury report every week for pooping anything but gold.  

Jesus I can't stand that type of obsession.  And Jules thinks Colts fans are obsessed over Manning lol...

26 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

That is exactly what I don't get.  I've sat quiet reading her cries of drama this and drama that for the past 3 days and can barely stand the soaked irony that a Brady fan calls anyone else dramatic.  It is so delusional that it's almost comical.  Almost.  

Check out this skewed reality:

A.  Ben is faking and dramatizing a fake injury that isn't fake based on Ben riding a cart that most likely he was told to get on....

B. Brady isn't any drama at all when he yells at refs for calls, or yells at coaches when he does bad, or is on the injury report every week for pooping anything but gold.  

Jesus I can't stand that type of obsession.  And Jules thinks Colts fans are obsessed over Manning lol...

Thread was about Ben. Please do not derail the topic or call out posters.