Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ok so we are obviously going to shut Luck down

Phil J

5 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

The disappointment of this season is only exceeded by the SB loss to the Saints

The SB loss WAS super disappointing, but this "season" is FAR more disappointing.   In fact, in my 48 years of cheering on the Colts, this is the most disappointing season I can ever remember!  The '09 season was fantastic, the final game excepted.  

Yep, shut Luck down and let him really heal 100%.  Hopefully going into next season we have a new HC and GM as well as gotten rid of some of those OLD free agents.  I feel horrible for Hasselbeck and hopefully the coaching staff pulls him as well so that he is able to still play with his kids after this season.  Hasselbeck did a fantastic job for us but unfortunately time caught up to him.  I will be sad to see him go for sure.  Go Colts.......can't wait until next season. 

28 minutes ago, needanoline63 said:

I want a high draft pick so I won't mind if we lose the last two

I don't want a loser attitude permeating the off season (5 game losing streak to many poor teams), especially with potential changes from F.O to coaching...I want the core guys that stick here next year to have a winning feeling leaving this horrid season, and new hopes at OTA's spring training.

Quite honestly, I really don't want to see Andrew take the kind of hits that Matt has been taking the past few weeks, let alone the abuse our QB's have taken all season.

There is nothing to gain from putting "The Franchise" in jeopardy any more this season.

Had we won today, maybe, as it stands,  in NY parlance "forgetaboutit"!

And for Gods sake put Matt on IR, give him a giant Christmas bonus, and let him retire a whole person!

On one hand according to latest news, even Colts are unsure about Luck's possible return next Sunday.

On the other hand i don't see any reason risking Luck's health in last 2 games, we have very faint chance to make the PO (honestly who believes that Texans won't beat at least 1 out of Titans and Jags), so IMO there's nothing to gain.

Maybe I'm still bitter after last 2 losses, but we need to look to the future and there are very big decisions and changes to make. this season is a big lap into face after all the SB-considerations and talks.

There's only one focus now: fix what's broken (there's plenty). 

Implosion complete...   :scorebad::scorebad::scorebad:

We're going to be Lucky if Luck decides to stay in town, in my mind shut him down.  

With this staff, LOL  WHO KNOWS

Prepare to eject coaching staff, strap the GM to the nose of the ship please.  We'll let him ride outside the nose of the transport vehicle...  

7 hours ago, SteelDragon said:

Please shut down Hass too. Let this guy 'walk' away from the game and into the sunset. 

I honestly agree.  Matt has given the team everything he has.  If Luck doesn't play I also think the team is better served finding out if Whitehurst can be their backup moving forward or not.

26 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Luck is out for the Miami game, I can't see him being active for a meaningless game  against Tenn week 17, so looks like he shut down for the rest of the season.

If Texans win Sunday, our Dolphins and Titans game is meaningless.  If they Lose to Zach Mettenberger and the Titans, then if we beat the Titans the next week 17, and Texans lose again, we win the AFC South and host a playoff game. 

OTOH, If Whitehurst beats Miami and We beat Titan's, then if Texan lose 1 game, it could boild down to strength of victory tiebreaker.

We are not out of this and Luck is likely really close to being cleared (though it is not a certainty, as I'm am now sure everyone has now begun to see how really serious this was at this point) and possibly take over in the playoffs.  I'm not throwing in the towel yet.

22 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I can't buy into it, not unless Luck isn't medically ready.  If he is medically cleared to play and is in game condition, I want him out there.  Why?  I want him to go into the off season knowing he is back on track (Broncos game helped, but not enough and he got hurt) play ability wise, and that he did not allow a groundswell of 'losing attitude' to permeate the club and create a 5 game losing streak in finishing the year to think about all off season. We have had two separate 3 game losing streaks this year.  That's enough.  Right the ship and go into the off season knowing you took care of business in beating 2 poor teams in the Dolphins and Titans to close your season. 

But if he is not ready to go, the season is what it is.  Matt has suffered enough.  In his first stint as backup, he went 2-0.  His second stint he was also 2-0.  But since then MH has gone 0-3.  He earned his paychecks.  Let the healthy QB's finish out the year.  If that isn't Luck, then give it to Whitehurst.  A dinged up 40 year old QB where all his weaknesses are known and on tape, and can be game planned is not the answer to finish the year. Andrew Luck is.  If not Andrew, C. Whitehurst. When the season is done, then I'll think about draft slots.Not before.

I am diametrically opposed to your entire post CBFL, which is extremely rare from my perspective. What's there to keep on track? Our season is over & we know exactly what we have in Andrew as a franchise QB. What's to develop when you consider that Luck will have a whole new coaching regime on the sidelines next year anyway? 

Put Charlie in there for the rest of the year & see how good or bad Jesus Christ Superstar really is & that way we can decide what 2nd or 3rd string QB is worth pursuing in free agency as a security blanket if god forbid Chewy gets hurt again as his career progresses. Matt will retire after this grueling season I think & rightly so.