Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We are rooting for the Patriots this week

Jules

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Well,  if that's the case the winner tonight is meaningless. 

You realize who we root for has no effect on the outcome of the game right? 

Get outta here, my screaming at the tv has a profound effect on the game.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wonder if Pats fans would root for the Colts if it helped them out in any way? I know most Pats fans hate the Colts.

Of course they would- it's only logical. Even the ones that so called hate the colts would root for them in that situation.

Logic trumps all. I see some say if we can't win on our own and not depend on help they would rather not make the playoffs. That's half the wins in the NFL lol.

Just now, Superman said:

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. First downs on offense and touchdowns in the red zone 

I truly love your optimism but the wheels have come off for your team the last two weeks. No defense whatsoever. And this week was against the lousy Jags. Andrew has been a middler at best QB this year. He won't have a magic pill to solve things.

1 minute ago, -JJ- said:

Of course they would- it's only logical. Even the ones that so called hate the colts would root for them in that situation.

Logic trumps all. I see some say if we can't win on our own and not depend on help they would rather not make the playoffs. That's half the wins in the NFL lol.

No one has said that.

By the way, being a fan is not based on logic.

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. First downs on offense and touchdowns in the red zone directly help the defense.

Also he might step up in the pocket and avoid having a probable 13 point half time lead end up at 4. 

1 minute ago, amfootball said:

I truly love your optimism but the wheels have come off for your team the last two weeks. No defense whatsoever. And this week was against the lousy Jags. Andrew has been a middler at best QB this year. He won't have a magic pill to solve things.

False. The offense's inability to move the ball and score points has continually put an average defense in bad situations. Having high level QBing changes all of that.

And if Luck doesn't play well, then oh well. Obviously, this team's chances for success are based on our best player actually being our best player. 

1 minute ago, dw49 said:

Also he might step up in the pocket and avoid having a probable 13 point half time lead end up at 4. 

Maybe hit a receiver more than 20 yards down the field? 

How many deep shots did MH and Whitehurst underthrow today alone? MH had a good run, but if Luck comes back next week, it won't be a second too soon.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

False. The offense's inability to move the ball and score points has continually put an average defense in bad situations. Having high level QBing changes all of that.

And if Luck doesn't play well, then oh well. Obviously, this team's chances for success are based on our best player actually being our best player. 

How do you feel about your new OC? Seems as though there are comms issues between him and the team. Do you think defenses have figured him out?

2 minutes ago, dw49 said:

That would have helped.  I could understand it if it was his blind side.  He made several head scratching decisions today.

6 minutes ago, amfootball said:

How do you feel about your new OC? Seems as though there are comms issues between him and the team. Do you think defenses have figured him out?

No, AM. I don't think defenses have figured out the new OC. I don't think there are communication issues either. You're concern is heartwarming, though.

14 minutes ago, amfootball said:

You obviously didn't watch the game

2 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Matt looked lost out there. It was an honest q but if you are too upset to want to discuss I get it. I will go visit the other threads ...

LOL, that's nice of you. I don't really believe you but whatever.

How can you connect 51 points against the Jags to the OC not doing a good job, but can't see the relation to Andrew Luck coming back? Whatever problems Chud/MH are having won't be an issue once Luck is back. 

Just now, Superman said:

LOL, that's nice of you.

How can you connect 51 points against the Jags to the OC not doing a good job, but can't see the relation to Andrew Luck coming back? Whatever problems Chud/MH are having won't be an issue once Luck is back. 

It was two separate comments. I think you have defensive issues big time that have surfaced these last two weeks. The offense has also sputtered and Matt looked bad today hence the question about the new OC. But if you believe all will be solved when Luck comes back then more power to you. Seems as if there a lot more issues to me on both sides.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

LOL, that's nice of you. I don't really believe you but whatever.

What I don't get is how people don't realize a great Offense helps a Defense out. Had we had Andrew today we would've been up huge early. We can still win our last 3 games as I haven't gave up on us yet.

It still makes absolutely zero sense that you wouldn't want to take the 'if' out of your teams' postseason hope. 'If' the Colts win out this game means nothing...'if' the Colts take care of business they won't need help...'if' the Texans lose again we still have the inside track.

ACCEPT THE HELP!!! Just face the fact that your team may in fact need it because there is no guarantee that they can take care of business. I know you hate the patriots but holy spit it just doesn't make sense under any circumstance to root for the Texans at this point in the season if you truly want the Colts to make the playoffs. It honestly honestly baffles my mind.

3 minutes ago, amfootball said:

It was two separate comments. I think you have defensive issues big time that have surfaced these last two weeks. The offense has also sputtered and Matt looked bad today hence the question about the new OC. But if you believe all will be solved when Luck comes back then more power to you. Seems as if there a lot more issues to me on both sides.

I never said all will be solved when Luck comes back. 

Edit: Do you not realize that two separate comments can relate to each other?

16 minutes ago, -JJ- said:

Interestingly,  Yehoodi wrote that he rooted for two of your division rivals (Jets and Bills) when they played the Colts. However, he finds it baffling that Colts fans would root against the Pats.:scratch:

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What I don't get is how people don't realize a great Offense helps a Defense out. Had we had Andrew today we would've been up huge early. We can still win our last 3 games as I haven't gave up on us yet.

Same thing last week. Who knows what happens over the course of four quarters, but with better QBing, we probably have a two TD lead at halftime in both of these last two games.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Interestingly,  Yehoodi wrote that he rooted for two of your division rivals (Jets and Bills) when they played the Colts. However, he finds it baffling that Colts fans would root against the Pats.:scratch:

At the beginning of the year when it was assumed the Colts would be the bigger threat, sure. But right now you are in a fight for a playoff spot with a team that you want to root for?

Makes no sense.

14 minutes ago, Superman said:

Maybe hit a receiver more than 20 yards down the field? 

How many deep shots did MH and Whitehurst underthrow today alone? MH had a good run, but if Luck comes back next week, it won't be a second too soon.

Yes ... I'm also ready to move on from the Matt Hasselbeck era. How many did they miss ? Dunno ... lots ? 

Also would like to add , before I exit this thread , the 50 spot was probably more on the offense than defense. Just my opinion , but this was more of a snowball effect than actual defensive ineptitude. 

4 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

At the beginning of the year when it was assumed the Colts would be the bigger threat, sure. But right now you are in a fight for a playoff spot with a team that you want to root for?

Makes no sense.

This is not college football. All games count the same -- whether they are won early or late in the season.

5 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Makes no sense.

Many of us rooted for the Bengals when they played Houston.

It's all you need to know.

3 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Yes ... I'm also ready to move on from the Matt Hasselbeck era. How many did they miss ? Dunno ... lots ? 

Also would like to add , before I exit this thread , the 50 spot was probably more on the offense than defense. Just my opinion , but this was more of a snowball effect than actual defensive ineptitude. 

Terrible tackling, some questionable penalties (that PI?), and more terrible tackling. That's on the defense.

The rest was just like you said, a snowball of overall bad football in all phases, for the second week in a row. Doesn't speak well of Pagano and his staff. 

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

This is not college football. All games count -- whether they are won early or late in the season.

Right. If the Pats/Texans game tonight matters, despite the fact that the Colts are still in control of their playoff chances, then whatever happened early in the season mattered.

Or it didn't, and Yehoodi just wanted to see the Colts lose. Which is something that goes along with being a fan sometimes.