Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report Card Grades from the Saints game

csmopar

My grades, my opinion, take it for what its worth...probably not much but here's my thoughts, briefly

Rushing Offense: Gore looked good, but again, we abandoned the run again, though some of that was due to the score but we went 3 and out far too many times, Gore average 5 yards a carry. : C

Passing Offense:  Other than 2 good plays by TY, the passing O was non existent, WRs couldnt get open unless people fell down, TEs not used, Luck over throwing everyone: D-

OL: Is there a grade lower than F? a G, a Z, either would be justified. Huge penalties, can't block, Holmes benched, AC playing like absolute crap: F and I'm being nice

Run D: Worse game of the year:  Though we did get some penetration and a couple sacks: D

Pass D:  Considering it was Brees, we pretty much did as expected considering we are really banged up: C

Special Teams: A for MacAfee, F for Whalen and Colt Anderson:  C-

Coaching:  Came out flat, stupid play calls, looking like theyve lost the locker room: F

Overall: D- for the game

– The Colts have learned some lessons from the Peyton Manning era; one of those is the value of a quality backup quarterback, as Matt Hasselbeck (+4.2) turned in his best game since the Seahawks’ wildcard victory over the Saints after the 2010 season. Pressured only four times (thanks in no small part to an average release time of 2.12 seconds), Hasselbeck was on the money all over the field, not least on the Colts’ aggressive 43-yard completion down the left sideline to see out the win with less than two minutes to go.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/10/09/colts-texans-grades-stellar-matt-hasselbeck-leads-indy-to-3-2/

- What is going on with Andrew Luck (-2.5)? It’s now the fifth game this season that Luck has earned a negative passing grade. Much of the 19 pressured dropbacks Luck saw came from him holding the ball too long. His 2.92 second average time to attempt was the highest in the NFL yesterday. Luck made bad decisions downfield, tried to force the ball into tight windows and plain missed throws. He’d always been able to offset mistakes with beautiful throws in the past, but those seem to be getting fewer and far between.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/10/26/no-ind-grades-saints-run-wild-against-colts/

Your Wrs do not make their cuts at 3 seconds. Your OLs do not pass block for 3 seconds. You can replace your GM, HC, OC, WRs, TEs, OLs... or you can find someone to tutor your QB.

My grades, my opinion, take it for what its worth...probably not much but here's my thoughts, briefly

Rushing Offense: Gore looked good, but again, we abandoned the run again, though some of that was due to the score but we went 3 and out far too many times, Gore average 5 yards a carry. : C

Passing Offense:  Other than 2 good plays by TY, the passing O was non existent, WRs couldnt get open unless people fell down, TEs not used, Luck over throwing everyone: D-

OL: Is there a grade lower than F? a G, a Z, either would be justified. Huge penalties, can't block, Holmes benched, AC playing like absolute crap: F and I'm being nice

Run D: Worse game of the year:  Though we did get some penetration and a couple sacks: D

Pass D:  Considering it was Brees, we pretty much did as expected considering we are really banged up: C

Special Teams: A for MacAfee, F for Whalen and Colt Anderson:  C-

Coaching:  Came out flat, stupid play calls, looking like theyve lost the locker room: F

Overall: D- for the game

Yep.  There was 'some penetration' to be sure.

Rob Ryan's D put Luck In prison. It was said over and over Luck is blank on how to throw the ball.  If it was Ryan's D then why are they now 3 wins out of 7 games and have given up 185 points to date? Everyone they play has an offensive coordinator and his job is to out smart the defensive coordinator. Any questions?

Rob Ryan's D put Luck In prison. It was said over and over Luck is blank on how to throw the ball. If it was Ryan's D then why are they now 3 wins out of 7 games and have given up 185 points to date? Everyone they play has an offensive coordinator and his job is to out smart the defensive coordinator. Any questions?

I have one . . . What?

Yup. Rob Ryan is one of the worst DCs in the NFL. And he mopped the floor with Pep. If you have no answer against Rob Ryan, I think its time to go

The comical thing is....people were actually clamouring for Rob Ryan to be our HEAD coach a couple years back!

i was going to say that an F is kind of harsh for colt anderson, but then i remembered that the only reason anyone knows this guys name is because of like 3 really bad plays

Honestly, not holding last week against him in any shape or form.  He really didn't do anything wrong.  Whalen was 15% to blame, the other 85% was on Pagano

but when the ball bounces right to you, you have to make the football play, not look lost.

Holmes was not benched. He suffered a stinger. Colts Coach Chuck Pagano and players talk about loss to Saints ...

http://neworleans.suntimes.com/new-orleans-saints/7/126/293887/colts-coach-chuck-pagano-and-players-talk-about-loss-to-saints

16 hours ago ... “OK, as far as injuries go, Khaled Holmes went out with a stinger and Phillip Dorsett went out with a lower leg injury. I'll give you guys updates ...

Holmes was not benched. He suffered a stinger. Colts Coach Chuck Pagano and players talk about loss to Saints ...

http://neworleans.suntimes.com/new-orleans-saints/7/126/293887/colts-coach-chuck-pagano-and-players-talk-about-loss-to-saints

16 hours ago ... “OK, as far as injuries go, Khaled Holmes went out with a stinger and Phillip Dorsett went out with a lower leg injury. I'll give you guys updates ...

Thanks for posting this. 

Ditto...

I caught myself thinking "For *expletives* sake, why am I sweeping & vacuuming the *expletive* floors during a football game..."

I was so mad, and I wasn't mad ath the Colts for playing bad (it's just a game).  I'm mad at them for disgusting me to the point htat I would rather work than watch them play football.  I don't mind losing a game to a good team as long as we're generally playing well.  You expect some mistakes; good teams force other teams into mistakes.  But when it's so lopsided and it's painfully obvious that we're just doing it to ourselves, over and over again until you find yourself down 27 points, other chores just doesn't seem so bad as they did before the game started.

I was so mad, and I wasn't mad ath the Colts for playing bad (it's just a game).  I'm mad at them for disgusting me to the point htat I would rather work than watch them play football.  I don't mind losing a game to a good team as long as we're generally playing well.  You expect some mistakes; good teams force other teams into mistakes.  But when it's so lopsided and it's painfully obvious that we're just doing it to ourselves, over and over again until you find yourself down 27 points, other chores just doesn't seem so bad as they did before the game started.

exactly...

It was bad enough that I took some time here and there to do some things around the house on what was supposed to be a lazy Sunday.

Funny. Me too. I cleaned the house with the TV going in the background and only really sat down late in the 3rd quarter to watch if anything could turn around. It did and got exciting.

Still a really bad game.

What's up with all the f'ing holding calls? It's really killing it... Too bad Vontae's INT was taken back. Also to a holding call...

Penalties and turnovers are ruining it for us.

Holmes was not benched. He suffered a stinger. Colts Coach Chuck Pagano and players talk about loss to Saints ...

16 hours ago ... “OK, as far as injuries go, Khaled Holmes went out with a stinger and Phillip Dorsett went out with a lower leg injury. I'll give you guys updates ...

First I'd heard that. Matter of fact, I even look after the game last night and there was no info on him at all.

Thanks for letting me know