Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Bengals Post Game Locker Room Naked Guys Snafu

King Colt

Aparently, the post game interview this past week in Cincy accidently showed some of the player naked. One player complained to at least permit them get dressed before "invading" their locker room. Lets examine the media in football games and other sports.

I am aware of the contractual obligation to speak with the media but it has gone too far.

1. Ever see a college game between halves when the media jams the mic in one of the coaches face on the field before he can get back to his player? I always think the coach would trample those people if the law would allow.

2. Why interview a baseball coach in during the game? What insight can he possibly give after three innings?.

3. Especially absurd is after a horse race when a media person is on a horse riding along next to the winner of the race before the jockey even gats back to the winners circle!

4. The questions they ask are designed to be generic like "what's it going to take to get back in this game"? Then the coach answers "play better football".

5. Why not let the players shower and dress and have a news conference after the game?

6. How many interview questions do you remember after one week in the NFL? Answer: None.

7. If you would record the questions and answers in post game locker room interviews at the end of the season they would all be the same question and responses.

8. Last, as a person I don't want to be interviewed with a towel around my privates especially by someone that asks, "how does this win/loss feel"? or "are you guys going to be ready for the so-and-so' next week"?

This trash needs to stop as it serves no purpose other than verifying the media in a nosy,self serving,ratings grabbing glob of something nasty stuck on the wall.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aparently, the post game interview this past week in Cincy accidently showed some of the player naked. One player complained to at least permit them get dressed before "invading" their locker room. Lets examine the media in football games and other sports.

I am aware of the contractual obligation to speak with the media but it has gone too far.

1. Ever see a college game between halves when the media jams the mic in one of the coaches face on the field before he can get back to his player? I always think the coach would trample those people if the law would allow.

2. Why interview a baseball coach in during the game? What insight can he possibly give after three innings?.

3. Especially absurd is after a horse race when a media person is on a horse riding along next to the winner of the race before the jockey even gats back to the winners circle!

4. The questions they ask are designed to be generic like "what's it going to take to get back in this game"? Then the coach answers "play better football".

5. Why not let the players shower and dress and have a news conference after the game?

6. How many interview questions do you remember after one week in the NFL? Answer: None.

7. If you would record the questions and answers in post game locker room interviews at the end of the season they would all be the same question and responses.

8. Last, as a person I don't want to be interviewed with a towel around my privates especially by someone that asks, "how does this win/loss feel"? or "are you guys going to be ready for the so-and-so' next week"?

This trash needs to stop as it serves no purpose other than verifying the media in a nosy,self serving,ratings grabbing glob of something nasty stuck on the wall.

Turns out,  that there's at least one poster here -- me -- who has actually been in a lot of locker-rooms (several hundred) and actually asked real post game interview questions (several thousand) ,  so I'll be happy to answer your comments.    Did that for nearly 20 years.

1.   Of course coaches don't want to be bothered at halftime,  they're focused on their players.   BUT,  the TV networks are trying to keep the game as interesting as possible and keep fans from leaving to watch something else.     Viewers often look for something more interesting especially at halftime.

2.   Interviewing baseball managers/coaches during the game is somewhat new.   As you know,  baseball has a serious time issue.   Games are loooonnnngggg.   TV networks are trying to keep things as interesting as possible.    The answers given are as good or bad as the manager/coach wants to make them.    And there are plenty of observations a manger/coach can make after 3 innings.     How is your pitcher doing?     How is their pitcher doing?    Etc.     It's not that hard.....

3.  Especially absurd?    Heck, no!    You want to get the individual who has just won the race As Soon As Possible!!    You want that "how do you feel" reaction asap!   You want as little "cooling off" time as possible.     I think getting a Jockey's reaction this way has been a great thing for horse racing,  and I'm not even a fan of the sport.

4.   Again,  the answers you get is pretty much up to the coach.   Some coaches are very good about giving a decent answer at the half,  other coaches are really not.  But the goal is get something to make the event more interesting to the viewer.     Sometimes it works,  sometimes it doesn't.    But, to me,  it sure beats not asking.    If you don't ask,  you'll never get an answer --- ANY answer.

5.   Players can often take a long, long time to shower and dress and once they do,  they want out of the locker-room ASAP.     You'll get the worst answers possible if you give players 30-60 minutes to cool off.     Also,  much of the media is on a tight deadline,  especially for a night game.    Give the players an additional 30-60 minutes before they start giving answers and you won't be reading those comments in the morning newspaper.   

6.  Nobody cares about anyone remembering an interview QUESTION.    The media cares about you remembering an interview ANSWER.     Huge difference.   Huge.

7.  Of course that's not true.    Not even close to being true.    Because questions are often specific to events of the game.   And those events are different in each game.  Sure,  SOME of the questions will be the same....   the "how do you feel" type questions.    But the questions about the pass, or the catch, or the run, or the interception, or the fumble recovery,  etc are all different because the events are all different.

8.  So you don't want to be interviewed with a towel around your waste.   Then you can throw on a pair of pants.   It's not a big deal.   When a player is being interviewed, the camera is typically tight on your face.    That misses your privates by several feet.     This isn't a problem.

All of this is NOT a big deal.    This is because a member of the Bengals has complained because some of his teammates were caught naked on TV.

Do you know how rare this is?     Something like this only happens about every 10-15 years.    Because all it takes is a smart cameraman and reporter to realize you shouldn't be doing an interview in a locker-room that isn't shot tight,  just the head and the shoulders.    And NEVER take a wide shot when the camera is pointed towards the rest of an open locker-room.    Only a wide shot to show a crowd of reporters gathered around a player.      Or a shot a depressed player who is hanging his head in disappointment.    Or to show players hugging in celebration -- but still dressed.

The player made WAY too big a deal of it.  

The most famous moment like this was about 30 years ago after a Lakers playoff game televised by CBS.   The interview was done in the middle of a locker-room with the entrance/exit to the team shower right behind the guy.    You can guess what was caught on camera.    Ironically, at the time the motto of CBS sports was.....   "you'll say you saw it on CBS!"     And that was never more true than that day!

Sorry,  but much ado about nothing.....

Turns out,  that there's at least one poster here -- me -- who has actually been in a lot of locker-rooms (several hundred) and actually asked real post game interview questions (several thousand) ,  so I'll be happy to answer your comments.    Did that for nearly 20 years.

1.   Of course coaches don't want to be bothered at halftime,  they're focused on their players.   BUT,  the TV networks are trying to keep the game as interesting as possible and keep fans from leaving to watch something else.     Viewers often look for something more interesting especially at halftime.

2.   Interviewing baseball managers/coaches during the game is somewhat new.   As you know,  baseball has a serious time issue.   Games are loooonnnngggg.   TV networks are trying to keep things as interesting as possible.    The answers given are as good or bad as the manager/coach wants to make them.    And there are plenty of observations a manger/coach can make after 3 innings.     How is your pitcher doing?     How is their pitcher doing?    Etc.     It's not that hard.....

3.  Especially absurd?    Heck, no!    You want to get the individual who has just won the race As Soon As Possible!!    You want that "how do you feel" reaction asap!   You want as little "cooling off" time as possible.     I think getting a Jockey's reaction this way has been a great thing for horse racing,  and I'm not even a fan of the sport.

4.   Again,  the answers you get is pretty much up to the coach.   Some coaches are very good about giving a decent answer at the half,  other coaches are really not.  But the goal is get something to make the event more interesting to the viewer.     Sometimes it works,  sometimes it doesn't.    But, to me,  it sure beats not asking.    If you don't ask,  you'll never get an answer --- ANY answer.

5.   Players can often take a long, long time to shower and dress and once they do,  they want out of the locker-room ASAP.     You'll get the worst answers possible if you give players 30-60 minutes to cool off.     Also,  much of the media is on a tight deadline,  especially for a night game.    Give the players an additional 30-60 minutes before they start giving answers and you won't be reading those comments in the morning newspaper.   

6.  Nobody cares about anyone remembering an interview QUESTION.    The media cares about you remembering an interview ANSWER.     Huge difference.   Huge.

7.  Of course that's not true.    Not even close to being true.    Because questions are often specific to events of the game.   And those events are different in each game.  Sure,  SOME of the questions will be the same....   the "how do you feel" type questions.    But the questions about the pass, or the catch, or the run, or the interception, or the fumble recovery,  etc are all different because the events are all different.

8.  So you don't want to be interviewed with a towel around your waste.   Then you can throw on a pair of pants.   It's not a big deal.   When a player is being interviewed, the camera is typically tight on your face.    That misses your privates by several feet.     This isn't a problem.

All of this is NOT a big deal.    This is because a member of the Bengals has complained because some of his teammates were caught naked on TV.

Do you know how rare this is?     Something like this only happens about every 10-15 years.    Because all it takes is a smart cameraman and reporter to realize you shouldn't be doing an interview in a locker-room that isn't shot tight,  just the head and the shoulders.    And NEVER take a wide shot when the camera is pointed towards the rest of an open locker-room.    Only a wide shot to show a crowd of reporters gathered around a player.      Or a shot a depressed player who is hanging his head in disappointment.    Or to show players hugging in celebration -- but still dressed.

The player made WAY too big a deal of it.  

The most famous moment like this was about 30 years ago after a Lakers playoff game televised by CBS.   The interview was done in the middle of a locker-room with the entrance/exit to the team shower right behind the guy.    You can guess what was caught on camera.    Ironically, at the time the motto of CBS sports was.....   "you'll say you saw it on CBS!"     And that was never more true than that day!

Sorry,  but much ado about nothing.....

I get all of your explanations except for the locker room issue. There shouldn't be cameras or members of the media in the locker room when there are people showering, regardless how professional the media members are. Unless there is some sort of "random members of the media might get to see you naked" clause in there contracts (is there?), then interviews should be conducted elsewhere. The player had every right to make a big deal about it...he's one of the people whose privacy was invaded. 

Interestingly enough, one of the player's wives also publicly complained.

I get all of your explanations except for the locker room issue. There shouldn't be cameras or members of the media in the locker room when there are people showering, regardless how professional the media members are. Unless there is some sort of "random members of the media might get to see you naked" clause in there contracts (is there?), then interviews should be conducted elsewhere. The player had every right to make a big deal about it...he's one of the people whose privacy was invaded. 

Interestingly enough, one of the player's wives also publicly complained.

The media interviewing players at the locker-room has been done this way since somebody invented sports and somebody invented the media.    The two go together.

I don't expect anything to change.     Again,   this is an incredibly rare event.    A mistake like this happens once every 10-15 years.    Maybe once every 20 years.  

It's a complete over-reaction.   

Question: Do they allow females to enter? If I had nothing but a towel around me, and someone like Ines Sainz walked in on me, asking me about my sack totals, I'd be fined for unsportsmanlike conduct.

sainz-main.jpg?itok=BZU_QrwO

Yes,  female members of the media are allowed into male locker-rooms.

The unwritten, but fully understood code,  is that "eyes" remain UP!     No wandering eyes looking below the waist.  

Been that way for a very long time....   several decades....

Yes, female members of the media are allowed into male locker-rooms.

The unwritten, but fully understood code, is that "eyes" remain UP! No wandering eyes looking below the waist.

Been that way for a very long time.... several decades....

Not everyone on the planet had video cameras and instant access to the Internet decades ago. Had this been a WNBA player there would be outrage. It's old and antiquated. Really no need for non players and team personnel in locker rooms

Not everyone on the planet had video cameras and instant access to the Internet decades ago. Had this been a WNBA player there would be outrage. It's old and antiquated. Really no need for non players and team personnel in locker rooms

What's the better way?

Have the players shower and get dressed first and bring them into a media room?

Completely unworkable.    Because there's so much media and many are working different angles.    You have to go to the players you want for an interview, and not hope that they stop by to talk to you in a media room.   

And I don't know what you mean about no "term personnel" in the locker rooms?     Huh?     Which team personnel do you NOT want in the locker-room?

As for women's sports.    It's a completely different world.    There's not enough pressing interest to get reaction out almost immediately.   Not enough people care.      But in men's sports,  there's huge demand for immediate reaction.

What's the better way?

Have the players shower and get dressed first and bring them into a media room?

Completely unworkable. Because there's so much media and many are working different angles. You have to go to the players you want for an interview, and not hope that they stop by to talk to you in a media room.

And I don't know what you mean about no "term personnel" in the locker rooms? Huh? Which team personnel do you NOT want in the locker-room?

As for women's sports. It's a completely different world. There's not enough pressing interest to get reaction out almost immediately. Not enough people care. But in men's sports, there's huge demand for immediate reaction.

For many years the cowboys had a separate area for players to be interviewed after they left the locker room. It is most certainly possible.

I said non players and team personnel. Meaning no one other than players and team personnel should be allowed in the locker room.

Also, pretty sure there haven't been much bigger sports story than the women's soccer team last year. How many male reporters do you think were in their locker room?

For many years the cowboys had a separate area for players to be interviewed after they left the locker room. It is most certainly possible.

I said non players and team personnel. Meaning no one other than players and team personnel should be allowed in the locker room.

Also, pretty sure there haven't been much bigger sports story than the women's soccer team last year. How many male reporters do you think were in their locker room?

It was a big story for about 15 minutes.    And then,  not so much.  

It was one story.    And then -- poof! -- gone.

As for the Cowboys,  they weren't alone.    Neither the Rams or Raiders let the media into their locker-rooms during the week.   PR people had to bring the players and coaches outside to talk to the media.    That went on for years in the 80's and 90's.

Then the local media began to notice that reporters and crews in most every other city were doing their interviews in the locker-room.

There's now an NFL policy.    Interviews are done in the locker-room, both during the week and after games.

This is a complete non-story.     A freak accident happened after the Bengals game.    Probably the first time in more than a decade.    Maybe longer.

People got their undies in a twist over this.

There's way too much media covering sports these days.    Segregating media from players after games is a terrible idea that I think would stand no chance of surviving.

I don't see a change happening, nor do I see the need for change.      One mistake in more than a decade?     This is a solution in search of a problem.

There is none.

Just my two cents......    (and often not even worth that much!)       :thmup:

Yes,  female members of the media are allowed into male locker-rooms.

The unwritten, but fully understood code,  is that "eyes" remain UP!     No wandering eyes looking below the waist.  

Been that way for a very long time....   several decades....

Oh well, may as well embrace it. Now they just need a professional female Lingerie League so I can visit their lockers. My eyes will remain up, but my camera will remain down.

It was a big story for about 15 minutes. And then, not so much.

It was one story. And then -- poof! -- gone.

As for the Cowboys, they weren't alone. Neither the Rams or Raiders let the media into their locker-rooms during the week. PR people had to bring the players and coaches outside to talk to the media. That went on for years in the 80's and 90's.

Then the local media began to notice that reporters and crews in most every other city were doing their interviews in the locker-room.

There's now an NFL policy. Interviews are done in the locker-room, both during the week and after games.

This is a complete non-story. A freak accident happened after the Bengals game. Probably the first time in more than a decade. Maybe longer.

There's way too much media covering sports these days. Segregating media from players after games is a terrible idea that I think would stand no chance of surviving.

I don't see a change happening, nor do I see the need for change. One mistake in more than a decade? This is a solution in search of a problem.

There is none.

Just my two cents...... (and often not even worth that much!) :thmup:

What does it matter how long it was relevant? At the time it was a huge story. Imagine images of naked female soccer players being broadcast. There would be outrage. I can't think of one locker room interview that was all that riveting. The major players in the games have to go to a podium after they leave the locker-room anyway. The practice is old and irrelevant. It used to be for print media on a deadline. Print media is all but dead. I would think this practice should be as well.

What does it matter how long it was relevant? At the time it was a huge story. Imagine images of naked female soccer players being broadcast. There would be outrage. I can't think of one locker room interview that was all that riveting. The major players in the games have to go to a podium after they leave the locker-room anyway. The practice is old and irrelevant. It used to be for print media on a deadline. Print media is all but dead. I would think this practice should be as well.

I agree.   There isn't any vital information gained in locker room interviews.    It's a dinosaur practice that needs to go.

That's the irony of the NFL. Despite it being a showcase of masculinity and all the "REAL MEN" stuff shoved in your face. Since yeah, these real men walk around with towels covering their bodies in the locker room, or often times just naked. And this league discriminates against open gay players, yet the lockers have men walking around one another nude, go figure. 

Don't get mad at me, all of you here have thought about this before and made fun of it too at least in once in your life. 

Don't blame the interviewer either, she's just doing her job. 

I agree with Katherine McCarron, the wife of Bengals backup quarterback A.J.McCarron who spoke out on social media about the incident.

Among her comments:  

I would rather my husbands butt/privates not be all over TV. Would you like to be filmed while naked?

Players should have their privacy.

:edit:   The filter here changed the wording, but you get the idea.  It is one thing for someone to put themselves out there, because they choose too, as opposed to this situation which is entirely different.

It was a big story for about 15 minutes.    And then,  not so much.  

It was one story.    And then -- poof! -- gone.

As for the Cowboys,  they weren't alone.    Neither the Rams or Raiders let the media into their locker-rooms during the week.   PR people had to bring the players and coaches outside to talk to the media.    That went on for years in the 80's and 90's.

There's now an NFL policy.    Interviews are done in the locker-room, both during the week and after games.

This is a complete non-story.     A freak accident happened after the Bengals game.    Probably the first time in more than a decade.    Maybe longer.

There's way too much media covering sports these days.    Segregating media from players after games is a terrible idea that I think would stand no chance of surviving.

I don't see a change happening, nor do I see the need for change.      One mistake in more than a decade?     This is a solution in search of a problem.

There is none.

Just my two cents......    (and often not even worth that much!)       :thmup:

It would seem that, at least around these parts, the only person defending this practice is a member of the media. This problem has crept up fairly frequently the past few years, but, I hypothesize, since it's 1) not physically hurting anyone, and 2) would require some complicated changes...there's not much push to get it fixed. 

P.S. Please forgive the egregious use of the wrong form of "their" earlier. Poorly edited!

That's the irony of the NFL. Despite it being a showcase of masculinity and all the "REAL MEN" stuff shoved in your face. Since yeah, these real men walk around with towels covering their bodies in the locker room, or often times just naked. And this league discriminates against open gay players, yet the lockers have men walking around one another nude, go figure. 

Don't get mad at me, all of you here have thought about this before and made fun of it too at least in once in your life. 

It's a locker room.    They should be able to walk around in towels.   They should not, however, have to worry about the media filming them or even being in there.

What a stupid and moronic practice it is to go interview in the locker rooms. :dunno:

If the leagues want immediate post game reactions, they could just make a rule that you can not go to the locker room for 15 minutes after the game (or whatever time they find is best).    They could open another room for the team to go in for a few minutes.  

Have you ever been in a locker room in your life? Do you understand what occurs there?

As far as the rest of your post. You again miss the mark

Foremost, the media does not ask players questions in the name of journalism rather, in the name of ratings. The producers writer the questions and the nickel-dime slugs holding the microphones simply say what they are told to say. How many times have to remained seated at halftime to make sure you hear the infantile questions asked of the coaches?  Most of the media employees belong in brothels there they could at least sat they earned their pay.

The media interviewing players at the locker-room has been done this way since somebody invented sports and somebody invented the media.    The two go together.

I don't expect anything to change.     Again,   this is an incredibly rare event.    A mistake like this happens once every 10-15 years.    Maybe once every 20 years.  

It's a complete over-reaction.   

Like a lot of things in life, just because it's been done forever doesn't make it right. It's ridiculous that the media is allowed in the locker rooms. It's  easily solved by having another room set up nearby that players can go to and be interviewed.

Like a lot of things in life, just because it's been done forever doesn't make it right. It's ridiculous that the media is allowed in the locker rooms. It's  easily solved by having another room set up nearby that players can go to and be interviewed.

It may someday work out the way you'd like,  but I have to tell you,  it's a LOT more complicated than that.    A lot.

Dont keep us all in suspense. Why is it more complicated?

For a variety of reasons.

If you're bringing players into a media area,  basically it's only one talking head at a time.    That slows the whole process dramatically.    And players are not going to stick around to be interviewed on a long slow process.

So,  for example....   the Colts play the Saints Sunday....    a newspaper might do the following...   send a reporter to cover the game.   Send another reporter to do a story on Luck and how he's doing.      Send another reporter to do a story the the key play that made the difference for the winning and losing team.    What happened on that play from both perspectives.

You can't do all of that in the media room scenario that you prefer.

You need a locker-room.     Lots of reporters asking lots of players and coaches lots of questions all at the same time.    A locker room is huge and so you can do dozens of interviews at the same time.       

But if you make it so that the players are brought in to the media room for interviews,   doing the job becomes dramatically harder.

And also,  the interviews will be far more stale than anyone would ever want.      If people are complaining about stale interviews NOW,   wait until players and coaches are brought out to a media room.      It's not good for anyone.

And this is all being brought up because one stupid camera man turned his camera in the wrong direction for 60 seconds and some guys got caught on live TV.

First time in decades.     

Sure feels like a huge over-reaction to me.....     Huge.

For a variety of reasons.

If you're bringing players into a media area, basically it's only one talking head at a time. That slows the whole process dramatically. And players are not going to stick around to be interviewed on a long slow process.

So, for example.... the Colts play the Saints Sunday.... a newspaper might do the following... send a reporter to cover the game. Send another reporter to do a story on Luck and how he's doing. Send another reporter to do a story the the key play that made the difference for the winning and losing team. What happened on that play from both perspectives.

You can't do all of that in the media room scenario that you prefer.

You need a locker-room. Lots of reporters asking lots of players and coaches lots of questions all at the same time. A locker room is huge and so you can do dozens of interviews at the same time.

But if you make it so that the players are brought in to the media room for interviews, doing the job becomes dramatically harder.

And also, the interviews will be far more stale than anyone would ever want. If people are complaining about stale interviews NOW, wait until players and coaches are brought out to a media room. It's not good for anyone.

And this is all being brought up because one stupid camera man turned his camera in the wrong direction for 60 seconds and some guys got caught on live TV.

First time in decades.

Sure feels like a huge over-reaction to me..... Huge.

The players could have stations in a non locker room environment just like they can in a locker room. A scaled back version of superbowl media day. Multiple players multiple stations. Either that or give the players 30 to 45 minutes before the media are allowed in. Pretty simple. It's not like the media wants access to all 46 active guys.

The players could have stations in a non locker room environment just like they can in a locker room. A scaled back version of superbowl media day. Multiple players multiple stations. Either that or give the players 30 to 45 minutes before the media are allowed in. Pretty simple. It's not like the media wants access to all 46 active guys.

I don't think your idea is workable....

First,  where does all this "space" come from?      Most stadiums don't have it to have a separate place for "stations"......

And giving the players 30-45 minutes cooling off isn't good.     Plenty of players want to be out of the locker-room and on their way home long before that if they can.

They don't want to go to another "station" and start interviews then.      That's why the current cooling off period is 10 minutes.     During that time, the team is either celebrating,   or coming to grips with a loss.  

You want a set-up of one-stop shopping.     You may not want or need to interview 46 guys but you never know who you're going to need at the start of the game,  or even the end.     Every member of the media would have to go to PR for both teams to give them the list of players who need to be interviewed.

I'm not trying to be disagreeable here.....   I'm trying to explain the logistics of why this is unworkable.

One last thought if I may....   it occurred to me well after my last post, but it's an important point....

Our discussions has all been based around the Colts as a home team.    At least,  that's how my arguments have been framed.

But when I realized that,  it's hard to overlook the part where road games are half the schedule.    And once a game not he road has ended,  everyone in the organization is anxious to get to the airport and get on their way home.     Extending the post-game process another half-hour or so just to protect the players from whatever inconvenience there is,  is incredibly problematic.

On the road,  everyone is looking to get showered,  dressed and on the road ASAP.     Waiting for players to cool off so they can then be brought into a separate room and then start the interview process is the exact opposite of what everyone is trying to do -- which is leave.

Before this incident,  when was the last time you heard a player complain about doing post-game interviews in the locker-room?

I can't even recall any player in any sport (I'm talking men now)  complaining.      That's why in another post (not sure if you saw it)   I referred to this situation as a solution in search of a problem.

One last thought if I may.... it occurred to me well after my last post, but it's an important point....

Our discussions has all been based around the Colts as a home team. At least, that's how my arguments have been framed.

But when I realized that, it's hard to overlook the part where road games are half the schedule. And once a game not he road has ended, everyone in the organization is anxious to get to the airport and get on their way home. Extending the post-game process another half-hour or so just to protect the players from whatever inconvenience there is, is incredibly problematic.

On the road, everyone is looking to get showered, dressed and on the road ASAP. Waiting for players to cool off so they can then be brought into a separate room and then start the interview process is the exact opposite of what everyone is trying to do -- which is leave.

Before this incident, when was the last time you heard a player complain about doing post-game interviews in the locker-room?

I can't even recall any player in any sport (I'm talking men now) complaining. That's why in another post (not sure if you saw it) I referred to this situation as a solution in search of a problem.

Apparently players have complained about it for years. Also, female reporters have also complained about how the environment sometimes puts them in situations to be sexually harassed. In a 24/7 media world we live in, the practice is old and out dated. I have to belive a multi billion dollar organization can get it figured out.

Are male reports allowed in the WNBA's locker room while the women are naked? If it was in the women's locker room and they were filmed naked would every thing be blown over in 15 minutes??

I think it has been pretty recent that women have been allowed in the locker rooms for that very reason.