Will luck be back Thursday?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Will he play Thursday?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I think Luck's shoulder injury is much more severe than the team is telling us.

He'll play against New England though.

The MRI came back negative and the diagnosis is a bruised shoulder.  There's no structural damage to shoulder.  Luck's injury is somewhat similar to Drew's (i.e., Drew Brees).  Brees missed a single game. 

I'm not going to spill a bunch of info. but I personally know all of the team's orthopedic surgeons. 

Luck will be fine as soon as the pain of the bruise starts to diminish.  If he doesn't let it heal now, it will linger the entire season.  It's that simple. 

No. I think Luck's shoulder injury is much more severe than the team is telling us.

I believe you're right. Plus with us heading to Houston on a short week, I highly doubt the organization wants to play him only to get wacked by Watt then be really banged up heading home to NE. Plus Matt more than held his own today so why not give him another start against a team that's all but imploded.

The MRI came back negative and the diagnosis is a bruised shoulder. There's no structural damage to shoulder. Luck's injury is somewhat similar to Drew's (i.e., Drew Brees). Brees missed a single game.

I'm not going to spill a bunch of info. but I personally know all of the team's orthopedic surgeons.

Luck will be fine as soon as the pain of the bruise starts to diminish. If he doesn't let it heal now, it will linger the entire season. It's that simple.

If you're legit, that makes me feel better

If you're legit, that makes me feel better

I promise, I'm legit.  I'm not going to name drop or go into extreme detail but I feel I have an obligation to quell any wild speculation that the injury is worse than it is.  A bruise is tricky but it's far from the worst-case scenario.  The primary objectives now are: 1) pain management; 2) letting the bruise heal so it doesn't linger or get worse.

We dodged a bullet with Luck.  Structural damage would've been catastrophic.  It's not always a lock to repair/rehabilitate a torn labrum or torn rotator cuff when you're dealing with an athlete that puts tremendous stress on those structural components.

I promise, I'm legit. I'm not going to name drop or go into extreme detail but I feel I have an obligation to quell any wild speculation that the injury is worse than it is. A bruise is tricky but it's far from the worst-case scenario. The primary objectives now are: 1) pain management; 2) letting the bruise heal so it doesn't linger or get worse.

We dodged a bullet with Luck. Structural damage would've been catastrophic. It's not always a lock to repair/rehabilitate a torn labrum or torn rotator cuff when you're dealing with an athlete that puts tremendous stress on those structural components.

You don't have to go into any detail, but do they seem optimistic Luck should be back by Thursday? Or do you not know for sure?

I promise, I'm legit.  I'm not going to name drop or go into extreme detail but I feel I have an obligation to quell any wild speculation that the injury is worse than it is.  A bruise is tricky but it's far from the worst-case scenario.  The primary objectives now are: 1) pain management; 2) letting the bruise heal so it doesn't linger or get worse.

We dodged a bullet with Luck.  Structural damage would've been catastrophic.  It's not always a lock to repair/rehabilitate a torn labrum or torn rotator cuff when you're dealing with an athlete that puts tremendous stress on those structural components.

Thanks for the info, zibby43. Highly appreciative and grateful.

The xray came out negative dude. Hes fine. Its a precaution thing so it wont get worse. Most teams dont take those necessary precautions and we were lucky enough to have it on a day where we faced a not as challenging team. He made the right call, because we need Luck against the Texans and definitely the Patriots...lol

You don't have to go into any detail, but do they seem optimistic Luck should be back by Thursday? Or do you not know for sure?

I can tell you that 1) the staff is going to err on the side of caution; 2) because Luck is approaching his "mini-rehab" with the same intensity that he exhibits in all other facets of his game, he is making progress and the situation is trending positively.

The short week is the tricky factor here.  If the bruise is re-aggravated before it has a chance to fully heal, Luck could be back to square 1.  Nobody wants that, obviously. 

Thanks for the info, zibby43. Highly appreciative and grateful.

My pleasure, ColtSense! 

Yeah Houston is horrible but our Oline will make their team look Super Bowl bound!!

J.D. finally has his chance to make good on his promise about Andrew. Unless Andrew sits again, of course. I swear the football gods don't want these two to play each other for some reason lol.

I don't know if people here understand...  the public comments the Colts make about the shoulder having no structural damage and it's just a bruise...

That may be true,  OR,  it may not.     I don't believe the Colts are under any obligation to give a truthful public statement.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure I'll be corrected -- people here aren't shy about that!

Hey, I hope it's true.   But I wouldn't be the mortgage on that.

Just sayin......                    :peek:

Take this for what it's worth (and I know to some it wont be much) Mike Florio just described Luck as "50/50" at best to play on Thursday.  It will be hard to come back on a short week and I could see the Colts also looking at the mini bye week that follows that game to make sure he is 100% healthy.  Luck is the franchise I expect the Colts to be extra cautious with him, they don't want to make the mistake of rushing Luck back too fast like the Redskins did with RG3.  That might mean having trying to win a really hard game on the road without Andrew, still I'd rather have that than this turning into something serious for Andrew.

For what it's worth I thought the offense was really starting to flow in the second half with Matt, granted not like it can when Andrew is in there, but moving very well for a back up QB until the fumble happened.  If Matt can get comfortable like that the Colts are going to have a shot in Houston.  I know this goes without saying but I am glad Matt is here rather than having to depend on the likes of Curtis Painter or Kerry Collins.  This is the exact scenario he was signed for and he paid off today.  So for all the people who have spent the past three years saying the Colts were wasting money on Matt he was sure worth it today. 

He'll play, but not good. If his injury is similar to Brees like the one poster said, there's reason to be concerned. Watching Brees know and he has no zip on the deep ball. Plus if he gets hit hard, the injury will get more sincere.

If he plays and plays like Brees did in the second half tonight I will gladly take it.  He was pretty good once he got back into the flow of it. 

I can tell you that 1) the staff is going to err on the side of caution; 2) because Luck is approaching his "mini-rehab" with the same intensity that he exhibits in all other facets of his game, he is making progress and the situation is trending positively.

The short week is the tricky factor here. If the bruise is re-aggravated before it has a chance to fully heal, Luck could be back to square 1. Nobody wants that, obviously.

My pleasure, ColtSense!

Great info. Thanks.

If I'm not mistaken, it was shoulder woes that did in Bert Jones. Fingers crossed that Luck will not be the next Bert Jones in that respect.

I am hopeful Luck will be fine.

O-line looked more solid today (although that could have been product of playing the Jags and not the Bills or Jets pass rush and the fact Matt was dumping the ball quicker than Luck has been).  Still I think this is the group they will move forward with.  I think you have a solid left side of the line with a serviceable center.  Reitz is a NFL backup IMO but he holds his own at right tackle.  I would love for Thornton to develop into the answer at right guard but we've been saying that for three years now so I don't expect the leopard to change his spots.  Still hopefully these guys holdup better than the line was at the start of the year. 

Barring a trade that's probably the most we can hope for this season.  Hopefully this off-season Grigson, or whoever the GM is, does whatever is needed to get a good right guard and right tackle in here.  Having weapons is nice but if you don't have the franchise to use them they don't do much good, see 2011. 

Fixing the line will be the best way to make sure Luck doesn't become the next Bert Jones. 

Thanks for the post zibby, but what is with the guys saying that Luck, as of today is at 50%?

That is worrisome, could be a mixing up with words but concerning nonetheless.

Well I heard Florio say it and he was just repeating what King had said earlier in the night who knows where he is getting the info from.  I will say he fact the Colts play on Thursday works against getting Luck back.  There just isn't a lot of time there for him to heal more than he already is.  So it's very possible that King and Florio are right and so is Zibby.  50/50 probably means it depends on if the bruise heals in that time or night. 

I don't know if people here understand...  the public comments the Colts make about the shoulder having no structural damage and it's just a bruise...

That may be true,  OR,  it may not.     I don't believe the Colts are under any obligation to give a truthful public statement.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure I'll be corrected -- people here aren't shy about that!

Hey, I hope it's true.   But I wouldn't be the mortgage on that.

Just sayin......                    :peek:

A few quick things -

1) Teams can be penalized up to $20k for "gaming" the injury reports.  Not a huge deterrent but a deterrent nonetheless.

2) Why would the Colts "lie?"  To keep the opponent guessing?  With how precious roster spots are, there would be no incentive for the Colts to lie and keep a QB on the roster that needs surgery to repair structural damage.

3) I know for a fact that both the MRI and the X-ray on Luck's throwing shoulder came back "negative" (i.e., no damage to any of the structural components of his shoulder).

4) Luck is dealing with a soft tissue contusion that makes throwing the football very painful.  His shoulder needs rest, rehabilitation, and a lack of "contact" until the bleeding subdues.

Great info. Thanks.

No problem at all bud.

Thanks for the post zibby, but what is with the guys saying that Luck, as of today is at 50%?

That is worrisome, could be a mixing up with words but concerning nonetheless.

You are very welcome.  Bruises are unpredictable.  That's why you're still getting the 50/50 talk.  Drew Brees bounced back quickly from a very similar injury.  T.Y. Hilton also recovered from his deep knee bruise faster than expected (same with Dorsett, now that I think of it).

If Luck is examined on Wednesday and demonstrates full range of motion, very little to no pain while executing all of the necessary throws, etc., I expect him to suit up on Thursday.

On the other hand, if Luck is still experiencing soreness and pain when throwing on Wednesday, the staff will definitely opt for the cautious approach and rest him again. 

A few quick things -

1) Teams can be penalized up to $20k for "gaming" the injury reports.  Not a huge deterrent but a deterrent nonetheless.

2) Why would the Colts "lie?"  To keep the opponent guessing?  With how precious roster spots are, there would be no incentive for the Colts to lie and keep a QB on the roster that needs surgery to repair structural damage.

3) I know for a fact that both the MRI and the X-ray on Luck's throwing shoulder came back "negative" (i.e., no damage to any of the structural components of his shoulder).

4) Luck is dealing with a soft tissue contusion that makes throwing the football very painful.  His shoulder needs rest, rehabilitation, and a lack of "contact" until the bleeding subdues.

No problem at all bud.

You are very welcome.  Bruises are unpredictable.  That's why you're still getting the 50/50 talk.  Drew Brees bounced back quickly from a very similar injury.  T.Y. Hilton also recovered from his deep knee bruise faster than expected (same with Dorsett, now that I think of it).

Re: #2 -- I didn't say anything about surgery....   Only that I don't accept what the Colts are saying as 100% honest.   It may be,  but I don't know that it is.

Re: #3 -- are you at liberty to say how you know what's going on with Luck's MRI?    You either know someone inside the Colts,  or you know someone at the MRI facility.     Those would be my two hunches.

Thanks.

The MRI came back negative and the diagnosis is a bruised shoulder. There's no structural damage to shoulder. Luck's injury is somewhat similar to Drew's (i.e., Drew Brees). Brees missed a single game.

Luck will be fine as soon as the pain of the bruise starts to diminish. If he doesn't let it heal now, it will linger the entire season. It's that simple.

So if the team surgeons are giving this information away to you, wouldn't that be considered confidential information? Paitient Health Disclosure laws or something?