Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top 5 Most Likeable QBs

18Manning

Hey there, not to further derail, but I am very interested to see if you Vikings can do something against that Denver D. How do you see the game going?

I don't know if we can do much against that Denver defense. Their defense is great all-around.

If the Vikings are going to win, I believe it is our defense that will win it for us. Stafford and Rivers took beatings from the Vikings defenders. If I recall correctly, Rivers was hit 12 times and sacked 5 times. The Denver O-line will have to step up and contain Everson Griffen and Anthony Barr to protect Manning. The difference with Manning, though, is that unlike Rivers and Stafford, I expect to see flags if the Vikings touch Manning. In the last two games, the Vikings also shut down their opponents' running game. Perhaps we can limit Denver's as well.

I don't expect us to win this game, especially because it is in Denver. But let's see.

Going back on topic, this game will feature two of the most likeable quarterbacks out there.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if we can do much against that Denver defense. Their defense is great all-around.

If the Vikings are going to win, I believe it is our defense that will win it for us. Stafford and Rivers took beatings from the Vikings defenders. If I recall correctly, Rivers was hit 12 times and sacked 5 times. The Denver O-line will have to step up and contain Everson Griffen and Anthony Barr to protect Manning. The difference with Manning, though, is that unlike Rivers and Stafford, I expect to see flags if the Vikings touch Manning. In the last two games, the Vikings also shut down their opponents' running game. Perhaps we can limit Denver's as well.

I don't expect us to win this game, especially because it is in Denver. But let's see.

Going back on topic, this game will feature two of the most likeable quarterbacks out there.

Thanks for the insights. I didn't realize the Vikes had a good rush. That should definitely help vs that lousy Denver Oline. Hopefully AP get going for your O.

I have to admit I don't know much about Tedy to say if he is liked or disliked. What is he like?

Jeez relax

I am going to answer. Just wanted to know on what basis you answered.

Brees, I don't like for how he handles himself and the bountygate didn't help

I am relaxed, I just found it curious that you asked me questions without answering mine. 

As for off field issues, I do take them into consideration in my evaluation, and a lot of players have good and bad off field issues. 

And as for the list, I really could not come up with a list of 5 unlikeable and really only had my top 3 as unlikeable imo.

I am relaxed, I just found it curious that you asked me questions without answering mine. 

As for off field issues, I do take them into consideration in my evaluation, and a lot of players have good and bad off field issues. 

And as for the list, I really could not come up with a list of 5 unlikeable and really only had my top 3 as unlikeable imo.

Big Ben bar incident wasn't bad enough?.

It wouldn't be very wise to bench a guy who led a rebuilt team to the playoffs his first three years in the league regardless how poor he plays in his fourth year. Luck would only sit out due to injury, regardless if he plays poorly all season. It would probably much worse with anyone else in there, which is an incredibly hard concept to imagine but yet it's a very factual one.

We all know Washintgon hasn't known how to run their organization for years. That being said Robert is his own demise with such reckless play. Such a small body running head first into defenders.

Luck will be his own demise if he continues holding on to the ball so long.

What I funny about football fans (and this isn't aimed particularly at you but football fans in general) they talk about players and football as if players are from an RPG video game. Or I guess I should say Madden.

RG3

INT = 20

STR = 54

SPD = 87

DUR = 2

Luck

INT = 100

STR = 99

SPD = 86

DUR = 100

Luck = good

RG3 = bad

Who knows what would happen if Luck was on the Redskins. So many variables in play.

Thanks for the insights. I didn't realize the Vikes had a good rush. That should definitely help vs that lousy Denver Oline. Hopefully AP get going for your O.

I have to admit I don't know much about Tedy to say if he is liked or disliked. What is he like?

Teddy is a modest and respectful guy. He has a good work ethic. He is family-oriented; he was going to quit football when his mother was stricken with cancer. He never takes credit for his success but takes blame if the team does not win. He is poised and calm, maybe a little too much. He acts like "he has been there before", meaning he does not celebrate a TD, even when throwing a game-winning pass. His teammates and opponents respect him. If I had a son I would want someone with the character and humility of Teddy Bridgewater.

Big Ben bar incident wasn't bad enough?.

Not for me, anymore that I do not think Peyton is top 5 unlikeable for sitting naked on the face of a doctor in college.   Most folks have a mishap that could make them unlikeable but these mishaps do not auto make you top 5 unlikeable. 

Not for me, anymore that I do not think Peyton is top 5 unlikeable for sitting naked on the face of a doctor in college.   Most folks have a mishap that could make them unlikeable but these mishaps do not auto make you top 5 unlikeable. 

Sitting naked on the face vs raping an unconscious girl offset each other?. I guess in Boston that works !

And why do you have to bring in Peyton?. It was a genuine comment I made on Big Ben. You want me to bring in Brady?.

You guys walk in here, instigate and play foul in the end. Don't forget this is not your home forum. And yes Peyton doesn't play here anymore but he was a Colts. Be mindful of it.

How old was Big Ben when the bar incident happened? I honestly don't know, but wasn't that only a couple/few years ago. Personally, I'd be a little more dismissive of things that happened in college than actions years removed from college. And, of course, the severity of the action would come in to play. i.e. sitting on someone's face vs. rape.

Sitting naked on the face vs raping an unconscious girl offset each other?. I guess in Boston that works !

And why do you have to bring in Peyton?. It was a genuine comment I made on Big Ben. You want me to bring in Brady?.

You guys walk in here, instigate and play foul in the end. Don't forget this is not your home forum. And yes Peyton doesn't play here anymore but he was a Colts. Be mindful of it.

Look I am not going to spend a lot of time arguing over who is or who is not likeable, as it is a matter of opinion and we could go around and around for like 100 posts on the matter and get no where.  I made my list and if you do not like it, that fine, its your opinion just as I have an opinion.  I did not spend a great deal of time asking you why you think Brees should be unlikeable due to Bountygate, when, imo, he really did not have much to do with it.  But that is your opinion and I have mine.  Too each his own.

You made a point about off fields issues as if off field issues are 100% relevant, which they are not 100% relevant or automatically dispositive on the matter.  You have an opinion that someone that is accused of X auto makes him top 5 unlikeable, I do not as there are more than just a few incidents in one life that makes up his character.

I only brought Peyton as you are a fan of Peyton and would be closely related to his resume, and also as illustrative that an off field issue in the past does not make someone unlikeable.  He did something, but it is only part of his past and other factors in his character overall do not make someone top 5.  That is all.

As for Brady, I am sure some folks have some things in his resume that would make him unlikeable, on or off the field, fair enough, no argument there if folks have an opinion of Brady, that are entitled to their opinion.

So like just leave it at you have your list and I have mine. 

Teddy is a modest and respectful guy. He has a good work ethic. He is family-oriented; he was going to quit football when his mother was stricken with cancer. He never takes credit for his success but takes blame if the team does not win. He is poised and calm, maybe a little too much. He acts like "he has been there before", meaning he does not celebrate a TD, even when throwing a game-winning pass. His teammates and opponents respect him. If I had a son I would want someone with the character and humility of Teddy Bridgewater.

Thanks for sharing. I think we are all partial to our own QBs. Your list of attributes could all be applied to Brady with the exception of the sick mom and the fact that he does like to celebrate with his teammates after a TD. I would love to have my kids grow up and be like Brady should they ever be in the type of celebrity position he has lived most of his life. I have great, great admiration for him and his family and their values.

Look I am not going to spend a lot of time arguing over who is or who is not likeable, as it is a matter of opinion and we could go around and around for like 100 posts on the matter and get no where.  I made my list and if you do not like it, that fine, its your opinion just as I have an opinion.  I did not spend a great deal of time asking you why you think Brees should be unlikeable due to Bountygate, when, imo, he really did not have much to do with it.  But that is your opinion and I have mine.  Too each his own.

You made a point about off fields issues as if off field issues are 100% relevant, which they are not 100% relevant or automatically dispositive on the matter.  You have an opinion that someone that is accused of X auto makes him top 5 unlikeable, I do not as there are more than just a few incidents in one life that makes up his character.

I only brought Peyton as you are a fan of Peyton and would be closely related to his resume, and also as illustrative that an off field issue in the past does not make someone unlikeable.  He did something, but it is only part of his past and other factors in his character overall do not make someone top 5.  That is all.

As for Brady, I am sure some folks have some things in his resume that would make him unlikeable, on or off the field, fair enough, no argument there if folks have an opinion of Brady, that are entitled to their opinion.

So like just leave it at you have your list and I have mine. 

Well then just say, its my opinion and move on.

You don't have to bring in Peyton and try to slight him and compare that to a rape. Stop get outrageous.

How old was Big Ben when the bar incident happened? I honestly don't know, but wasn't that only a couple/few years ago. Personally, I'd be a little more dismissive of things that happened in college than actions years removed from college. And, of course, the severity of the action would come in to play. i.e. sitting on someone's face vs. rape.

First off, sitting on someone face with all associated parts is an indecent assault and battery.  And again, like my post to Shane above, I am not going to spend a great deal of time on my list.  I just brought in Peyton's off field issues to demonstrate that I do not think he is unlikeable for an incident that happened a while ago and that he has other things in the resume to make that incident not really relevant.  And I am sure one could think of things for most QBs on and off the field, Brady included.

And as with Big Ben, it was a transgression and I do not hold that against him to make him top 5 unlikeable.   I think it was about 5-7 years ago.

And agreed, like you, things that have happened in the past I am dismissive of regarding the person.  And yes I would put Peyton thing lower on the list than Big Ben, but because I do make it lower does not mean he is top 5 unlikeable.

You could have made your point in a different way. That picture was not necessary. Thankfully that did not derail the thread.

As for your point, many Colts fans did not like Wilson even before he started dating his current girlfriend.

again no one is saying what they hate about wilson

Well then just say, its my opinion and move on.

You don't have to bring in Peyton and try to slight him and compare that to a rape. Stop get outrageous.

I did say that I took off field issues into consideration in my post #123.  The fact that I did not place Big Ben in the Top 5 combined with me stating I took off field issues into consideration should be obvious as to what I think about his off field issues.  

Apparently, that was not good enough for you and you continued the conversation.  I made my point clear in post #123, so do not fault me.  

You wanted to continue the conversation not me. 

I did say that I took off field issues into consideration in my post #123.  The fact that I did not place Big Ben in the Top 5 combined with me stating I took off field issues into consideration should be obvious as to what I think about his off field issues.  

Apparently, that was not good enough for you and you continued the conversation.  I made my point clear in post #123, so do not fault me.  

You wanted to continue the conversation not me. 

No fault if we just spoke about Big Ben.

Luck will be his own demise if he continues holding on to the ball so long.

What I funny about football fans (and this isn't aimed particularly at you but football fans in general) they talk about players and football as if players are from an RPG video game. Or I guess I should say Madden.

RG3

INT = 20

STR = 54

SPD = 87

DUR = 2

Luck

INT = 100

STR = 99

SPD = 86

DUR = 100

Luck = good

RG3 = bad

Who knows what would happen if Luck was on the Redskins. So many variables in play.

Yeah big time, Luck has some issues indeed. As you said though, many variables are involved.

So no one remembers the garbage that Eli pulled to stay out of San Diego?

Yeah, that told me a lot about him.

I won't lie to you VL. Eli demanding a trade to NY on draft day never sat well with me either as a rookie. I won't hold it against him, but I am surprised that Eli got away with it with minimal backlash. 

In no particular order I have the following imo:

Likeable

1) Matt Ryan

2) Drew Brees

3) Cam Newton

4) Philip Rivers

5) Russell Wilson

Not likeable

1) Jay Culter

2) Johnny Manziel

3) Colin Kaepernick

4) Alex Smith

5) Jameis Winston.

Nice list there Yehoodi. I like that you put Matt Ryan on top. He's often overlooked & he really shouldn't be. 

A lot of people don't like Brady. Largely because they're sick of losing to him.

It's all fun & games until somebody sucks all the air out of the room with a dose of reality. LOL! Brady...That son of a gun is talented. It is what it is...

There's a scary thought

andrew-luck-Redskinspng.png

Did Halloween come early this year? Boo! Don't make me break out in cold sweats & nightmares 21.  :P  I kid; I kid. 

Proof? Oh, that's right, you have none.

Colt fans hate Brady because he owns the Colts, pure and simple.

False.   There's a multitude of reasons to dislike Brady, and his winning record is far and away at the bottom of that list, for me anyway.

Proof? Oh, that's right, you have none.

Colt fans hate Brady because he owns the Colts, pure and simple.

I will acknowledge that it's probably gonna be a lopsided bloodbath when the Patriots demolish INDY on Oct.18th VL & you were right when you pointed out that our offense could be a lot to handle if our o-line was solid, but because it's not Jamie Collins, Chandler Jones, & Donte Hightower are gonna give Andrew Luck fits. INDY will do it's best, but if NE demolished the Jags & we only put up 16 points. It ain't gonna be pretty man.

I will never hate Brady as a person or competitor, as a matter of fact, I admire that he forces his rivals to play mistake free football to even stay alive & keep the game close. I still wish that Tom would admit that he made a mistake at that 1st deflate gate press conference & clarify some remarks, but he probably won't & that's my problem not Brady's I know that. 

In any case, INDY has a lot of work to do & even I know we probably won't make a SB run this year not with our horrible line. All we can do is try & win our division & not worry about anything beyond that right now. INDY will have a new HC next season & I pray a decent o-line coordinator who can create gaps for our ground game next year. NE will get a 1st round bye along with Denver at #2. I gotta give Bill credit. Somehow NE just keeps winning games year after year like clockwork. It's very impressive. 

I respect my Colts & I will always ride with them no matter what but until we get our line figured out it's gonna be a long season. I hope that when Luck does return he utilizes our TEs more like Matthew Hesselbeck did so well on Sunday. 

I will acknowledge that it's probably gonna be a lopsided bloodbath when the Patriots demolish INDY on Oct.18th VL & you were right when you pointed out that our offense could be a lot to handle if our o-line was solid, but because it's not Jamie Collins, Chandler Jones, & Donte Hightower are gonna give Andrew Luck fits. INDY will do it's best, but if NE demolished the Jags & we only put up 16 points. It ain't gonna be pretty man.

I will never hate Brady as a person or competitor, as a matter of fact, I admire that he forces his rivals to play mistake free football to even stay alive & keep the game close. I still wish that Tom would admit that he made a mistake at that 1st deflate gate press conference & clarify some remarks, but he probably won't & that's my problem not Brady's I know that. 

In any case, INDY has a lot of work to do & even I know we probably won't make a SB run this year not with our horrible line. All we can do is try & win our division & not worry about anything beyond that right now. INDY will have a new HC next season & I pray a decent o-line coordinator who can create gaps for our ground game next year. NE will get a 1st round bye along with Denver at #2. I gotta give Bill credit. Somehow NE just keeps winning games year after year like clockwork. It's very impressive. 

I respect my Colts & I will always ride with them no matter what but until we get our line figured out it's gonna be a long season. I hope that when Luck does return he utilizes our TEs more like Matthew Hesselbeck did so well on Sunday. 

It is posts like these SW that makes you one of my favorite posters up here. :thmup:

12027551_975106622526264_909319229234389

LOL! In the spirit of wasting time for fun Gramz, here's my list: 

Likable QBs: 

Andrew Luck: Mostly because he's cool with his nerd like goofiness & always takes responsibility for his turnovers immediately.

Peyton Manning: Because the savvy old man just keeps winning his division by any means necessary. Thru the air, handoffs, or FGs.

Tom Brady: He can make any WR look like a ProBowler, he is driven to win, & just when you think he's down for the count, he surprises you & achieves yet another comeback victory.

Eli Manning: He's even keel, can get hot at any time, & he just has a knack for giving Foxboro all they can handle. 

Aaron Rogers: He can move & throw so fluidlessly it's remarkable, he's aways poised in the pocket, & I wanna see him go toe to toe with Malcolm Butler & Devin McCourty in a SB. 

Dislikable QBs: 

Jay Cutler: The dude always acts like he doesn't give a crap about how he plays or whether or not his teams wins or not. Self improvement? What the hades is that?

Colin Kaepernick: I just get the impression that he thinks he's arrived & he really hasn't won anything of significance yet. 

RG3: I deplore guys more committed to their individual brand name then their teammates or franchise. 

Johnny Manziel: I'm biased here because Skip Bayless host of "First Take" loves him & Skip always slams Andrew Luck so part of me secretly roots for Johnny Football to fall flat on his face. 

Tony Romo: Okay, he's actually talented & a nice guy in real life, but given SW1's hatred for all things Cowboys related, I had to put Romo here. 

SW1 ~ you've obviously put some thought into this. haha

I didn't, nor will I make a list.

I have my favorites, you all know who they are.

Seeing how I don't know any of them personally, (the only QB that I've ever been in the same room or function with is Ben. He graduated with Lauren, so I was in attendance when he received his diploma from MIAMI University). And I know that public persona isn't the same as personal. Last year he made a very generous donation to their alma mater to be used for an indoor sports complex. I appreciate that gesture.

As far as likeable, Peyton will always be my favorite, and we'll just leave it at that.