Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top 5 Most Likeable QBs

18Manning

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I have not. He lives about 20 minutes away from me. I drive through his neighborhood to get to my kids soccer games when they play in Brookline.

That's cool. I have yet to meet Luck, hopefully some day. I have met a few Colts players here and there though. I think the coolest was Pat McAfee. We chatted for a bit until my wife came over and he completely ignored me from then on and just had his undivided attention to her. lol It would be cool to see what people thought of their favorite NFL players when they first met them. I wonder if people's opinions change about them or if their expectations were exceeded.

Teddy is a modest and respectful guy. He has a good work ethic. He is family-oriented; he was going to quit football when his mother was stricken with cancer. He never takes credit for his success but takes blame if the team does not win. He is poised and calm, maybe a little too much. He acts like "he has been there before", meaning he does not celebrate a TD, even when throwing a game-winning pass. His teammates and opponents respect him. If I had a son I would want someone with the character and humility of Teddy Bridgewater.

I need to see more of Teddy & he's definitely on the rise, but I need to see him give GB some competition for the NFC North first. He seems like a nice kid personally, but he needs a few more years of steady climbing under his belt before I even consider him as reliably good yet. Just keep doing what you do Bridgewater &, if Aaron Rogers starts mentioning you by name, then I will give you some more accolades. 

SW1 ~ you've obviously put some thought into this. haha

I didn't, nor will I make a list.

I have my favorites, you all know who they are.

Seeing how I don't know any of them personally, (the only QB that I've ever been in the same room or function with is Ben. He graduated with Lauren, so I was in attendance when he received his diploma from MIAMI University). And I know that public persona isn't the same as personal. Last year he made a very generous donation to their alma mater to be used for an indoor sports complex. I appreciate that gesture.

As far as likeable, Peyton will always be my favorite, and we'll just leave it at that.

It's cool Gramz. If people dislike Peyton, there's something seriously wrong with them as in get a CAT scan immediately because the guy is impossible not to like. His parents are awesome, his sibling banter with Eli & Cooper is hilarious, & he can anticipate throws better than any QB I have ever seen. Okay, I get the fact that Peyton's been the face of the NFL ever since he was drafted in 1998 & some fans want a changing of the guard in 2015. I get that. But both Peyton & Brady play this game on another level & when they're gone, there will be a tremendous void in this game. Aaron Rogers is close to this stratosphere but he needs more SB appearances 1st. 

I'm glad Big Ben was nice to you & Lauren Gramz. I still think Ben should have served time in prison for sexual assault in Georgia, but I won't delve into that here. Those are the 2 crimes I have zero tolerance for rape & the harming of innocent children.[Yes, I know this has nothing to do with what Ben was charged with.] Yeah, it is nice to see wealthy athletes give back to their communities & colleges though. 

We've got get you to meet 18 face to face someday. If anybody deserves that right, it's definitely you Gramz. 

It is posts like these SW that makes you one of my favorite posters up here. :thmup:

I appreciate those kind words on my behalf thank you. Trust me AMF & all my NE friends on here that it's a mutual admiration society.  :hat:  Foxboro fans are really smart. 

I hope Go Pats is okay. I miss him around here & I haven't seen a post from him in quite some time. Plus, I just wanna say that I like Yehoodi's legal mind & that VL's CTE article in another thread was a fascinating read. 

I've met Brady many times. He's a down to earth, positive guy. If he was the Colts' QB, you'd love him .

Yes, we would that's true VL. But, I can promise you this, if he was the franchise QB for INDY, he wouldn't be able to leave any ambiguity at that initial press conference. I will guarantee you that. Enough said. 

That cryptic response to that infamous question would not go unnoticed & nobody is leaving the room until that little matter is fully clarified. 

It's cool Gramz. If people dislike Peyton, there's something seriously wrong with them as in get a CAT scan immediately because the guy is impossible not to like. His parents are awesome, his sibling banter with Eli & Cooper is hilarious, & he can anticipate throws better than any QB I have ever seen. Okay, I get the fact that Peyton's been the face of the NFL ever since he was drafted in 1998 & some fans want a changing of the guard in 2015. I get that. But both Peyton & Brady play this game on another level & when they're gone, there will be a tremendous void in this game. Aaron Rogers is close to this stratosphere but he needs more SB appearances 1st. 

I'm glad Big Ben was nice to you & Lauren Gramz. I still think Ben should have served time in prison for sexual assault in Georgia, but I won't delve into that here. Those are the 2 crimes I have zero tolerance for rape & the harming of innocent children.[Yes, I know this has nothing to do with what Ben was charged with.] Yeah, it is nice to see wealthy athletes give back to their communities & colleges though. 

We've got get you to meet 18 face to face someday. If anybody deserves that right, it's definitely you Gramz. 

Sent you a PM.   Check your messages.

I need to see more of Teddy & he's definitely on the rise, but I need to see him give GB some competition for the NFC North first. He seems like a nice kid personally, but he needs a few more years of steady climbing under his belt before I even consider him as reliably good yet. Just keep doing what you do Bridgewater &, if Aaron Rogers starts mentioning you by name, then I will give you some more accolades.

He does not ask for accolades, SW. In fact, he deflects compliments.

Anyway, Teddy is 22 and has started only 16 NFL games. He has had only one opportunity to play against Rodgers. The Vikes did lose that game 24-21 in Nov last year. The Vikes have a better team this year; so, I expect a Vikings win against the Pack in 2015.

Yes, we would that's true VL. But, I can promise you this, if he was the franchise QB for INDY, he wouldn't be able to leave any ambiguity at that initial press conference. I will guarantee you that. Enough said.

That cryptic response to that infamous question would not go unnoticed & nobody is leaving the room until that little matter is fully clarified.

Oh for crying out loud.

There was no frickin' ambiguity. It's already been explained to you numerous times.

The info thrown at Brady at that conference was that the balls were under 2 PSI or more under.

That turned out to be completely false, but that's what the media was using to question him. He had no idea how the balls were that under inflated.

If they had asked him with the proper PSI, he would have laughed and asked if anyone had to put air in their tires during cold winters.

That's cool. I have yet to meet Luck, hopefully some day. I have met a few Colts players here and there though. I think the coolest was Pat McAfee. We chatted for a bit until my wife came over and he completely ignored me from then on and just had his undivided attention to her. lol It would be cool to see what people thought of their favorite NFL players when they first met them. I wonder if people's opinions change about them or if their expectations were exceeded.

That is a funny story with McAfee. I would like to meet Brady some day mostly just to thank him for helping to bring so much winning to NE. Being a CA guy, I am glad that he now calls Boston his home. I joke with my friends all the time that maybe I can get into his life by having play dates with his kids as my middle child is 8 - the same age as his oldest son Jonathan and my youngest child is 3 - the same age as his daughter.  :)  Although I would probably have to meet Gisele for that to happen. lol.

I appreciate those kind words on my behalf thank you. Trust me AMF & all my NE friends on here that it's a mutual admiration society.  :hat:  Foxboro fans are really smart. 

I hope Go Pats is okay. I miss him around here & I haven't seen a post from him in quite some time. Plus, I just wanna say that I like Yehoodi's legal mind & that VL's CTE article in another thread was a fascinating read. 

GoPats is over on Patriots Planet but I doubt he comes back here. :(

Thanks for all the love to us rival fans. :kitty:

What are you talking about? There are some well loved Colt fans there, from Jaric to Tmack to Coltsfan.

Without wishing to go too depth into it for obvious reasons let's just say it's a little less family friendly over there and posters are more free to express their dislike of the Colts. 

We've gone more down the "G" route in comparison.

Without wishing to go too depth into it for obvious reasons let's just say it's a little less family friendly over there and posters are more free to express their dislike of the Colts.

We've gone more down the "G" route in comparison.

Oh, most certainly . Of course, this is the Official Colts forum, as opposed to PP which is fan owned and operated.

Oh for crying out loud.

There was no frickin' ambiguity. It's already been explained to you numerous times.

The info thrown at Brady at that conference was that the balls were under 2 PSI or more under.

That turned out to be completely false, but that's what the media was using to question him. He had no idea how the balls were that under inflated.

If they had asked him with the proper PSI, he would have laughed and asked if anyone had to put air in their tires during cold winters.

We obviously have a difference of opinion here VL. You want to concentrate on the ideal gas law & PSI are pressure & corresponding gauge readings. Meanwhile, I can't get past the fact that Brady has no idea if he cheated or not. It's not a question of science to me. It's a question of how a person defends themselves against a serious accusation of alleged fowl play. This isn't about hiding behind the Players Union or the legal wizardry of Jeffery Kessler. 

"Brady, how do you respond to fans who might call into question your professional integrity? Are you a cheater?" "I don't think so/believe so?" Who says that? Forget about blame for a second or even innocence. If you view that question in isolation along with the response it makes even a total outsider who knows nothing about football wonder why Tom said what he said. He understood the question right? Maybe I'm strange but when somebody calls my professional reputation into question after over of decade of work excelling in my field we are clearing the darn air right bleeping now. Why is this ambiguity so difficult to grasp? Who just lets a fowl play accusation just linger in the air? 

If I accused you of financial embezzlement  & you worked at a WallStreet firm would you just sit there & say Gee SW1 I don't think so. I highly doubt that. You'd tell me to kiss your caboose & demand we look at all your transactions with your boss right now since you have nothing to hide & did nothing wrong correct? I would want you to be upset, believe I'm off my rocker, & let it be known to all your colleagues & industry peers that you are a man of honor & character & that you never break the rules under any circumstances. It's pretty simple VL. 

Drop the legal jargon for a second & think how it looks to have a 4 time SB Champion not defend himself more vigorously. Honestly, I felt like Brady's response was in response to whether or not rocky road was his favorite flavor of ice cream. "I don't believe so." Why are you not more ticked off of being accused of cheating Brady? Your lack of intensity & passion here is alarming by virtue of your tone & overall indifference about it. 

And please don't claim this response is just jealousy over Brady's greatness because you know good & well I defend Brady a lot & I believe he earned all his championships fair & square BTW. I'm not falling for that guilt trip or deflection tactic either. 

I'm not here to re- litigate deflate gate again & yes I know Brady won his appeal, which he was entitled to. Am I taking that press conference out of context or giving too much weight to 2 single lines? I don't think so because if Brady was at the epicenter of this storm, why can't Tom put into words what happened, what he thinks might have happened, or better yet his preparation schedule on any given Sunday including how he interacts with equipment personnel? No reporter is asking Brady to reveal trademark secrets here. 

I just find this indifference to not clear his name directly mind-blowing. The best way to remove all doubt of fowl play as the franchise QB is to tell your audience what the protocol is for a typical game week. Do you have preferences about the uniform you wear, the balls you use, or do you just let the football equipment guys do whatever they want? You can create a mental image of QB preparation without getting too specific just broad brush strokes. It's very easy & it goes a long way toward demonstrating to your audience not only the awareness of daily circumstances around you, but even minor transparency shows them there's nothing peculiar going on here. 

Brady's reply of "I don't believe so" is just astounding. Not even a let me rephrase that. Thank you. Really? He won his appeal yes, but that response even among diehard NE fans has to give them some pause right? What the hades do you mean you don't believe so? Where's the confidence of your conviction? You don't sound all that convinced yourself. Tom said it of his own volition. It's his very own words. 

Trust me, Tom's a wise veteran who knows how to stand up for himself. Why is he so silent here? Why can't he say with more anger that this notion I broke the rules & cheated is complete bull crap? You have to swear to make me believe your furious too. Otherwise, I'm inclined to think you are above the rules & that if your not bending the rules winning doesn't mean enough to you as a competitor. I don't wanna believe that, but silence is a form of acceptance as the cost of doing business unless you show me that your reputation means more to you than money or fame. JMO.