Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cardinals are SB bound this year!

IcEWoLF

As long as they have Palmer that team is going to the Superbowl this year!

I do not see any teams being about to keep up with them.

They have killers on that defense, they can score points, they have a QB and they have a decent run game!

Bruce Arians is an awesome coach and I'd put him down as coach of the year!

It should come down to the Pack and the Cardinals and where the game is played will be crucial especially considering the time of year in the "Frozen Tundra in Lambaugh Field". To  me right now the Cardinals are the best team in the NFC and Cincy is playing hot so it could be Cincy & NE in the playoff game for the SB. But one injury to one QB changes everything, take Pittsburgh this morning.

Patriots defense is not last year. A rookie QB scored 32 points.

SB talk is too early.

The Pat defense has been surprising good given they lost their championship secondary and Wilfork in the middle. Malcolm Butler appears to be a legit #1 and he was the biggest question mark IMO after his heroic play in the SB. What is odd though is the Pats really don't play many great QBs this year at all. The rest of their schedule has bottom third QBs with the exception of Eli and Peyton and Peyton is not slinging it anymore like he used to. So I am not sure how much we will really know about the D until much later in the season. But if the O keeps putting up historical numbers than the D may never need to be great for the Pats to get back to the bowl.

The Pat defense has been surprising good given they lost their championship secondary and Wilfork in the middle. Malcolm Butler appears to be a legit #1 and he was the biggest question mark IMO after his heroic play in the SB. What is odd though is the Pats really don't play many great QBs this year at all. The rest of their schedule has bottom third QBs with the exception of Eli and Peyton and Peyton is not slinging it anymore like he used to. So I am not sure how much we will really know about the D until much later in the season. But if the O keeps putting up historical numbers than the D may never need to be great for the Pats to get back to the bowl.

By week 12, Peyton will be ready. Can't wait for that game already.

When are Pats playing Eli?

By week 12, Peyton will be ready. Can't wait for that game already.

When are Pats playing Eli?

Nov. 15 and the game is in NY. I am looking forward to that game the most season. I was also looking forward to Dallas too as the last time Brady played there was 07 and both teams were undefeated heading into the game. With Romo and Dez out, the game has lost its luster. A real bummer.

Nov. 15 and the game is in NY. I am looking forward to that game the most season. I was also looking forward to Dallas too as the last time Brady played there was 07 and both teams were undefeated heading into the game. With Romo and Dez out, the game has lost its luster. A real bummer.

Both Mannings back to back

As long as they have Palmer that team is going to the Superbowl this year!

I do not see any teams being about to keep up with them.

They have killers on that defense, they can score points, they have a QB and they have a decent run game!

Bruce Arians is an awesome coach and I'd put him down as coach of the year!

They looked invincible yesterday, but I'm not sure what level of competition the 49ers offer at this point. They need to focus on a first round bye if they can continue their win streak, because their chances of winning in Green Bay in January are not great. I hope nothing happens to Palmer either. His history of injuries is alarming and he's not young.

I love this Cardinals team. 

Bruce Arians "put your foot on their throat" reminds me so much of the old days when the Saints would "bring the wood". 

They've had 5 interceptions so far this season and 3 of those 5 were returned for touchdowns. Reminds me so much of the 2009 Saints that had all the interceptions and the returns. 

I'd love to see them in the Super Bowl. 

Most of all, I want to see them get Green Bay in the playoffs and put their foot down on their throat and stomp them while everyone is just in shock for another year the Packers blow it in the playoffs. 

Bruce Arians, you're my hero right now. "Put your foot on their throat" I'm in love,  :excited:  I almost want to thank him for beating down my pathetic Saints  lmao

They are missing a good defense. They surprisingly allow a lot of yards for the most part.

Their defense killed Jay Cutler, and they've gotten 5 interceptions; 3 returned for touchdowns. 

Nothing wrong with their defense at all. It might not have star power but they get turnovers and they are down right murdering offenses. 

I like the Packers in the NFC. Rodgers is just too good. He's the best QB I've ever seen.

Every year the Packers are NFC favorites, and then in the playoffs they get out coached and totally out played by teams that want it more. 

If it weren't for a bad call last year, they lose to Dallas. 

i don't see Green Bay ever winning another Super Bowl as long as McCarthy is there, and Bruce Arians I can totally see coaching circles around them if they play this Cardinals team in the playoffs. Rodgers looks terrific in the regular season but in the playoffs, he struggles. 

I see Arizona in the NFCCG against either Seattle or Atlanta. I see Green Bay going one and done the way they should have last year. 

It's so rare that the SB favorite this early in the year wins the SB. Usually they don't even make it to the SB. The last time it actually happened was so recent that there's no way it happens this year. That puts the Packers out, as if their typical September to December transformation isn't enough. The Cardinals aren't exactly everybody's pick so...interesting. I hope I get to atleast see a game of theirs myself. I live in Florida :-|

It's just three weeks.     There will be lots and lots and lots of changes and momentum swings over the next 14 weeks.

Key players will get hurt -- see Roethlisberger,  Ben.

Stuff happens.       The playoff picture doesn't even begin to take shape until roughly November.

A season is a marathon and not a sprint.   Deciding who is going to be standing at the end is fun,  but it's often a fools errand. 

Just sayin.

My Top 5 rankings after Week 3 would be:

Packers 1

Patriots 2

Cardinals are 3rd

Broncos 4

Falcons 5

-all are 3-0. I don't think the Cards can go into Lambeau and win in January. They need HFA to beat Rodgers IMO. If the Packers played the Patriots on a neutral field right now, I would take the Pack.

*Cincy is 3-0 too but I cant take them serious yet because they have never won a Playoff game in the Dalton era. Dalton stinks in the Playoffs historical wise. Panthers are 3-0 but they are not a SB contender IMO.

My Top 5 rankings after Week 3 would be:

Packers 1

Patriots 2

Cardinals are 3rd

Broncos 4

Falcons 5

-all are 3-0. I don't think the Cards can go into Lambeau and win in January. They need HFA to beat Rodgers IMO. If the Packers played the Patriots on a neutral field right now, I would take the Pack.

*Cincy is 3-0 too but I cant take them serious yet because they have never won a Playoff game in the Dalton era. Dalton stinks in the Playoffs historical wise. Panthers are 3-0 but they are not a SB contender IMO.

But so does Rodgers...1 good year plus The Joe Webb Game and The Reversal. He's darn lucky his playoff record isn't 2010 and 0fer if you get my drift.

As for the Bengals, however it ends they do make seasons out of what's been either the toughest or 2nd toughest division in football. The Falcons can't do that in the easiest division.

But so does Rodgers...1 good year plus The Joe Webb Game and The Reversal. He's darn lucky his playoff record isn't 2010 and 0fer if you get my drift.

As for the Bengals, however it ends they do make seasons out of what's been either the toughest or 2nd toughest division in football. The Falcons can't do that in the easiest division.

I think the Falcons will win their Division. Cincy just has to prove it to me come Playoff time. They have had too many laid eggs. Rodgers has won a SB depite his Post Season struggles so I think he can get it done.

Atlanta is really not all that good. I called them to win the division this year based off their schedule. It's the easiest schedule in the league by far. They only had 2 playoff teams on their schedule (Indy and Dallas), and 3 teams with a winning record if you count Philly's 10-6 record. The rest of it is all crap teams with both the NFC South and AFC South. 

Atlanta could easily be 1-2 right now the way they let the Eagles come back, and the way they were down to the Romo-less Cowboys. If Romo was there, they lose. 

They'll still win the division cause the competition is so bad. They could even get swept by Carolina (which is a possibility, Carolina's defense can wreck them) and they'd still win the division. 

People seem to forget that when the Falcons have winning seasons, it's in years that they play a cake walk schedule. Everyone has forgotten 2010 which was the year the so terrible NFC South had 3 teams with winning records. Yep three. Tampa Bay was 10-6, and Atlanta got 12-4, while the Saints were 11-5.

Atlanta was blown out bad in the divisional round with the #1 seed that year. But if Garret Hartley could actually make short field goals, the Saints would have beat Atlanta in OT, and swept them to get the division title that year and the #1 seed. (2010 was a disaster year for the NFC) 

Matt Ryan's playoff record would 0-5 if Pete Carroll didn't call that time out vs them in 2012. Which again; Atlanta got there in 2012 playing a very easy schedule. All of their loses were divisional that year. 

So true. 

I swear Rodgers is setting up a playoff record to rival Manning's in the future. He even wins the MVP's now which makes the sting of the playoff losses even harder. 

There's no way I would take this Packers team over the Cardinals either. The Cards are so much better coached right now than how McCarthy has ever coached GB. It would probably end the same way with them giving up a bunch of points in a short amount of time like last year. 

People on this board think you and I are the craziest people here just cause we say Rodgers is overrated and Favre was beter, but that's how I will always see it. This Packers team is no where near as good either as some of the ones from the past when the gunslinger was there. 

Atlanta is really not all that good. I called them to win the division this year based off their schedule. It's the easiest schedule in the league by far. They only had 2 playoff teams on their schedule (Indy and Dallas), and 3 teams with a winning record if you count Philly's 10-6 record. The rest of it is all crap teams with both the NFC South and AFC South. 

Atlanta could easily be 1-2 right now the way they let the Eagles come back, and the way they were down to the Romo-less Cowboys. If Romo was there, they lose. 

They'll still win the division cause the competition is so bad. They could even get swept by Carolina (which is a possibility, Carolina's defense can wreck them) and they'd still win the division. 

People seem to forget that when the Falcons have winning seasons, it's in years that they play a cake walk schedule. Everyone has forgotten 2010 which was the year the so terrible NFC South had 3 teams with winning records. Yep three. Tampa Bay was 10-6, and Atlanta got 12-4, while the Saints were 11-5.

Atlanta was blown out bad in the divisional round with the #1 seed that year. But if Garret Hartley could actually make short field goals, the Saints would have beat Atlanta in OT, and swept them to get the division title that year and the #1 seed. (2010 was a disaster year for the NFC) 

Matt Ryan's playoff record would 0-5 if Pete Carroll didn't call that time out vs them in 2012. Which again; Atlanta got there in 2012 playing a very easy schedule. All of their loses were divisional that year. 

So true. 

I swear Rodgers is setting up a playoff record to rival Manning's in the future. He even wins the MVP's now which makes the sting of the playoff losses even harder. 

There's no way I would take this Packers team over the Cardinals either. The Cards are so much better coached right now than how McCarthy has ever coached GB. It would probably end the same way with them giving up a bunch of points in a short amount of time like last year. 

People on this board think you and I are the craziest people here just cause we say Rodgers is overrated and Favre was beter, but that's how I will always see it. This Packers team is no where near as good either as some of the ones from the past when the gunslinger was there. 

They just asked Damien Woody and Tim Hasselbeck on SC who they would take to win one game - Brady or Rodgers? I thought it was a typo and they meant Brady or Favre? lol. What a joke. But I guess they have to keep the drama going some how to keep interest.