Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Depth Chart

SilentHill

http://www.colts.com/team/depth-chart.html

* First Second Third Other WR1 Andre Johnson Donte Moncrief     LT Anthony Castonzo Joe Reitz     LG Lance Louis Hugh Thornton     C Khaled Holmes Jonotthan Harrison     RG Todd Herremans Robert Myers     RT Jack Mewhort Denzelle Good     TE Dwayne Allen Jack Doyle     WR2 T.Y. Hilton Phillip Dorsett Griff Whalen   QB Andrew Luck Matt Hasselbeck     TE Coby Fleener       RB Frank Gore Vick Ballard Josh Robinson Tyler Varga

Vick Ballard looks to have won the backup job behind Gore, still looking at this offensive line, specifically at LG makes me cringe a little.

* First Second Third Other DE Kendall Langford Earl Okine     NT David Parry Zach Kerr     DT Henry Anderson T.Y. McGill     OLB Erik Walden Bjoern Werner     ILB D'Qwell Jackson Sio Moore     ILB Jerrell Freeman Nate Irving     OLB Trent Cole Jonathan Newsome Robert Mathis   LCB Greg Toler D'Joun Smith Jalil Brown   SS Mike Adams Colt Anderson     FS Dwight Lowery Clayton Geathers Winston Guy   RCB Vontae Davis Darius Butler Sheldon Price

Sio Moore is the backup ILB behind DQ, McGill behind Anderson

* First Second Third Other P Pat McAfee       K Adam Vinatieri       H Pat McAfee       LS Matt Overton       KR Donte Moncrief Tyler Varga Josh Robinson   PR Phillip Dorsett T.Y. Hilton Donte Moncrief  

Some interesting things here, Whalen not listed as even the 2nd or 3rd string KR / PR those jobs were won by Moncrief / Dorsett respectively.

They have Ballard as the back up RB? Am I the only one not wearing rose colored glass. He can't stay healthy. He didn't the entire camp and couldn't make it a half vs the Bengals. What a waste of time he will be on the IR before week 4.

well if you think hes gonna be hurt then why do you care where he is on the depth chart

They have Ballard as the back up RB? Am I the only one not wearing rose colored glass. He can't stay healthy. He didn't the entire camp and couldn't make it a half vs the Bengals. What a waste of time he will be on the IR before week 4.

This must be a typo? They are going to play Ballard over Robinson and Varga .... and they shafted Boom right out the door? And people waste a whole summer on here speculating mostly sensible moves when obviously any common sense has left the building a long time ago. Next thing you know Donald Trump will be the OC?

Why is Ballard the backup!? He hasn't shown anything since his first year.

I was really excited for this team. Now I feel like they downgraded a ton. I'm not sure they have but it sure feels like they have!

He hasn't had a chance to prove anything since his first year... If Ballard is healthy he is the 2nd best RB on this roster. If the coaching staff feels he is healthy I wouldn't be surprised at all for him to be 2nd string.

He hasn't had a chance to prove anything since his first year... If Ballard is healthy he is the 2nd best RB on this roster. If the coaching staff feels he is healthy I wouldn't be surprised at all for him to be 2nd string.

Even if they are assuming that his ACL and Achilles repairs are good (which is totally nuts), his hamstring obviously is not. He apparently has been hobbled with the hamstring issues all summer, demonstrated that this is still the case on Thursday, and then "BAM" a miracle happened between Thursday and Saturday and he is fully healed and ready to go as the #2 back. Right, anyone got some swamp land for sale cuz I think you have some buyers at head office!  

Even if they are assuming that his ACL and Achilles repairs are good (which is totally nuts), his hamstring obviously is not. He apparently has been hobbled with the hamstring issues all summer, demonstrated that this is still the case on Thursday, and then "BAM" a miracle happened between Thursday and Saturday and he is fully healed and ready to go as the #2 back. Right, anyone got some swamp land for sale cuz I think you have some buyers at head office!

I think it's safe to say, if he isn't ready to go he won't be the #2 back

why dont they just have dorsett kick and punt return? I dont get why we need two different returners

i'd hate to start another running stride argument :deadhorse:

Look again. Dorsett is the KR and PR. So unless you can prove Dorsett has a longer stride than himself, your argument is invalid.

edit: I see the mix up now. If you follow the link to the official depth chart on Colts.com, Dorsett is the KR on there. Not sure where SilentHill got the info he posted. Either way, the stride argument is still nonsense  :thmup:.

If they don't think Bllard is 100%, they won't be playing him over Robinson.

http://www.colts.com/team/depth-chart.html

* First Second Third Other WR1 Andre Johnson Donte Moncrief     LT Anthony Castonzo Joe Reitz     LG Lance Louis Hugh Thornton     C Khaled Holmes Jonotthan Harrison     RG Todd Herremans Robert Myers     RT Jack Mewhort Denzelle Good     TE Dwayne Allen Jack Doyle     WR2 T.Y. Hilton Phillip Dorsett Griff Whalen   QB Andrew Luck Matt Hasselbeck     TE Coby Fleener       RB Frank Gore Vick Ballard Josh Robinson Tyler Varga

Vick Ballard looks to have won the backup job behind Gore, still looking at this offensive line, specifically at LG makes me cringe a little.

* First Second Third Other DE Kendall Langford Earl Okine     NT David Parry Zach Kerr     DT Henry Anderson T.Y. McGill     OLB Erik Walden Bjoern Werner     ILB D'Qwell Jackson Sio Moore     ILB Jerrell Freeman Nate Irving     OLB Trent Cole Jonathan Newsome Robert Mathis   LCB Greg Toler D'Joun Smith Jalil Brown   SS Mike Adams Colt Anderson     FS Dwight Lowery Clayton Geathers Winston Guy   RCB Vontae Davis Darius Butler Sheldon Price

Sio Moore is the backup ILB behind DQ, McGill behind Anderson

* First Second Third Other P Pat McAfee       K Adam Vinatieri       H Pat McAfee       LS Matt Overton       KR Donte Moncrief Tyler Varga Josh Robinson   PR Phillip Dorsett T.Y. Hilton Donte Moncrief  

Some interesting things here, Whalen not listed as even the 2nd or 3rd string KR / PR those jobs were won by Moncrief / Dorsett respectively.

Boom must have been hurt more than we know since he was ousted for Ballard. Anyone know anything about TY McGill?

Just saw the thread, never mind.

Look again. Dorsett is the KR and PR. So unless you can prove Dorsett has a longer stride than himself, your argument is invalid.

edit: I see the mix up now. If you follow the link to the official depth chart on Colts.com and Dorsett is the KR on there. Not sure where SilentHill got the info he posted.

they changed it from this morning

I think it's the right choice with Ballard. It's a win-win situation for the Colts. You kept him on the 53 so you have to play him. And if he's healthy, he's really good so that's a bonus.

If he gets hurt than you go to Robinson. Varga is a change of pace guy. Either way the Colts win.

Let's not get carried away. The wrecking ball just got wrecked last week.

If it had been Varga who got the concusion, you'd have blamed the coaches for putting him in with backups.

Robinson may as well have been with the backups, he was getting hammered right when he touched the ball. You can't blame him for that.