Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Giants And Seahawks Have Discussed Kam Chancellor Tade.

RealityIsLuck

Sources telling me the Giants and Seahawks have discussed a potential Kam Chancellor trade. Tho the sides do remain far apart on a deal.

— Shaun Morash (@MrazCBS)

September 5, 2015

If Chancellor is being shopped, I would definetly be interested. He'd change our defense, he'd be very expensive though. What the Seahawks would be asking would also be waay to high too, most likely. I'd offer Lowery/Adams + 2016 1st + 2017 3/4th. That's a haul but Chancellor would change our defense. I doubt the Seahawks would accept that though, also I'd be skeptical to pay him with Allen, Fleener, AC, and Luck all needing new deals.

umm... I would take Chancellor over Dorsett, Richardson, or Werner. 

Saying he is not worth a 1st rounder is truly ignorant

Whats ignorant is trading a draft pick we have not even seen play in the regular season (Dorsett)...Another 1st rounder who is not through his rookie contract yet who also only has 1 year of starting under his belt (Werner)......I don't even see why your factoring Richardson into the debate, He is a FA and long gone....For a player who has averaged 80 tackles in his career per season who has also only 8 picks in 5 years, Whos also not had double digits passes defensed in 4 years and no more then 1 forced fumble per year since 2012....

Yeah he is a hard hitter and a solid player...He is also overrated by some on here

Whats ignorant is trading a draft pick we have not even seen play in the regular season (Dorsett)...Another 1st rounder who is not through his rookie contract yet who also only has 1 year of starting under his belt (Werner)......I don't even see why your factoring Richardson into the debate, He is a FA and long gone....For a player who has averaged 80 tackles in his career per season who has also only 8 picks in 5 years, Whos also not had double digits passes defensed in 4 years and no more then 1 forced fumble per year since 2012....

Yeah he is a hard hitter and a solid player...He is also overrated by some on here

Lol....Grigson would trade Werner in a heartbeat if he could get ANYTHING for him.

Lol....Grigson would trade Werner in a heartbeat if he could get ANYTHING for him.

Maybe, I would not put it past him. Im sure Werner could be had for a 5-7th round pick, He did show he could produce last year in his 1st year of starting the majority of the season. I think people are just thinking emotionally and not being rational. Last year he played 747 snaps (Starting 15 games) but the year prior in 2013 he played roughly 306 defensive snaps according to Football Outsider...Only starting 1 game and missing 3

Maybe, I would not put it past him. Im sure Werner could be had for a 5-7th round pick, He did show he could produce last year in his 1st year of starting the majority of the season. I think people are just thinking emotionally and not being rational. Last year he played 747 snaps (Starting 15 games) but the year prior in 2013 he played roughly 306 defensive snaps according to Football Outsider...Only starting 1 game and missing 3

Emotional? He can't play....at all.

It would be a great tade for the Giants. I'm from NJ, so I know how much Giants fans are worried about their safeties (an insane amount of them wound up out for the season). They just signed Stevie Brown and have Landon Collins as well. However, after that, it's pretty bad. Their fans were begging for them to sign someone like Rahim Moore or make a really great tade, but nothing really happened. Plus, Collins is a rookie and Brown was cut by the Texans for a reason. This tade would be really interesting for the two teams.

I don't see the Colts going after Kam at all by tade. Yeah he's a star and any team would love to acquire him, but we gotta know how to spend our cap. With all our current players on rookie contracts, I don't think we have the money to tade for him.

i don't buy this. Seattle would have to be INSANE to shop him. He's one of their best players in the secondary.

I believe that the Giants asked them, I find it hard to believe Seattle would be open to letting him go for something, if it wasn't big.

He hasn't even reported to the team.

Why do the Seahawks want to move him?

Because Chancellor is holding out.    He has sat out all of training camp.

He signed a big 5 year deal two years ago and now wants it reworked even thought he still has 3 more years on the deal.

Seattle has lots of other guys who have waited for their deal or want to re-work their own deal.    Now KC wants to re-do his with 3 more years left? 

At some point,  a team has to say "no"....   and Seattle is there....

T.Y. straight up for Kam. Seattle could use T.Y., and we could use Kam.

No thank you.    TYH's best years are ahead of him.

Kam's best years are behind him,  plus he wants more than the current $7 Mill per year he's making.

Oh, and his body is beginning to break down.

Thanks,  but no thanks.

He signed a big 5 year deal two years ago and now wants it reworked even thought he still has 3 more years on the deal.

Seattle has lots of other guys who have waited for their deal or want to re-work their own deal.    Now KC wants to re-do his with 3 more years left? 

This seems to be a trend with the Hawks as Bennett want his one year old deal reworked too ...

Hmmm.  Even in the NFL, wanting to rework a big deal you signed two years ago is a bit odd.  Usually players want to rework small deals.

He probably figures that his body is burning out and he won't get a great contract three years from now.   Perhaps he's doing something to make it burn out quicker than normal.

? Kam just turned 27 this past April.

I'm not talking about chronological years....    I'm talking about the mileage on his body.

He not only plays strong safety.  he plays it violently,  like Rodney Harrison.    Good for Rodney that he played well into his 30's.

And maybe Kam can too.    But I wouldn't bet on it.     Players who play like Kam have a tendency to burn out quickly.

I wouldn't trade Hilton for Chancellor.