Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor: JPP Severely Injured in Fireworks Accident

This is getting worse (from ESPN):

Police launch probe into JPP incident

6m

Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul could face charges that include criminal possession of fireworks after the Coral Springs (Fla.) Police Department finishes its investigation, according to NJ.com. JPP injured both hands in a fireworks accident on the Fourth of July.

My gosh this country can be so stupid sometimes. Do we really need fireworks regulators imposing criminal penalties? 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL come on guys. "This is getting worse... Police launch probe... Etc"

Are you kidding me? Police are not going to do anything other than tell him to not be stupid. Maybe get a $20 ticket or something at worst case scenario. He has other things to worry about... like his fingers.

LOL come on guys. "This is getting worse... Police launch probe... Etc"

Are you kidding me? Police are not going to do anything other than tell him to not be stupid. Maybe get a $20 ticket or something at worst case scenario. He has other things to worry about... like his fingers.

The league could look at disciplining too if he is arrested ...

they get ticketed not arrested. Speeding is illegal as well

I am just sharing what is being reported. Legal authorities are looking into it and may find fault with JPP in whatever form that takes depending on what type of fireworks he was sending off and the league will also look at it too depending on what happens.

Dang :(

ESPN obtained medical charts that show Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul had right index finger amputated today. pic.twitter.com/VI5cbS1uCw

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

July 8, 2015

Almost forgot, you can bet on it someone's getting in trouble for this leaking. 

He also has a fractured thumb that will take six weeks to heal, http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2518507-source-jpp-has-fractured-thumb-could-miss-at-least-six-weeks

Dang :(

Almost forgot, you can bet on it someone's getting in trouble for this leaking. 

I think ESPN should be in trouble for that.  Knowingly making public somebodies medical record? For crying out loud, we cannot wait to hear the details?

I think ESPN should be in trouble for that. Knowingly making public somebodies medical record? For crying out loud, we cannot wait to hear the details?

I agree. It is inexcusable. I don't get why it was necessary to do make his medical record public. My opinion of ESPN is much lower now than it has ever been.

I agree. It is inexcusable. I don't get why it was necessary to do make his medical record public. My opinion of ESPN is much lower now than it has ever been.

Did you really have a high opinion of them before this? They have been a trash media outlet for years now ...

Popularity does not equal quality/ethical.

I agree. If you want to see sports the best place to go is the sports specific network such as NFL Network or NBA TV. Online has a lot of good stuff also. ESPN is just another media outlet.

Can't believe you don't like them though! All they talk about is the Patriots, OBJ, Lebron, Lebron, nonsense, and can't forget about Lebron.

I agree. If you want to see sports the best place to go is the sports specific network such as NFL Network or NBA TV. Online has a lot of good stuff also. ESPN is just another media outlet.

Can't believe you don't like them though! All they talk about is the Patriots, OBJ, Lebron, Lebron, nonsense, and can't forget about Lebron.

I don't follow or judge a media outlet based on their coverage of teams I follow. I think their coverage outside of news is lousy. They are terribly slanted and often their opinion pieces are written with a particular angle in mind and then they cherry pick to support that angle. Their reporting overall is also shotty and at times unethical. It is also no secret that they carry the NFLs water so there is that too.

I generally read and listen to all types of media and then try to form an opinion but honestly much out there is a cesspool that you have to wade through.

I don't follow or judge a media outlet based on their coverage of teams I follow. I think their coverage outside of news is lousy. They are terribly slanted and often their opinion pieces are written with a particular angle in mind and then they cherry pick to support that angle. Their reporting overall is also shotty and at times unethical. It is also no secret that they carry the NFLs water so there is that too.

I generally read and listen to all types of media and then try to form an opinion but honestly much out there is a cesspool that you have to wade through.

It's a shame.... It really is! I used to love ESPN and atleast half of the reports being made were credible. Now it's all about who gets it out first instead of being right or giving out honest correct information.

Woah hello HIPPA violation!

Schefter is technically ok as HIPPA does not apply to him, but the medical professional who leaked is done for. It speaks volumes about Schefter's ethics that he leaked it.  None of us should be surprised that ESPN would be ok with leaking that.  Their quality and ethics have long been gone.

• 2 months later...

JPP posted a video of himself to Instagram where he's working out and if you pause the video, you can kinda see his hand.  It looks like it's stuck in a cup holding position.  He can't make a fist with it at this point

Thanks for this post 21. The Giants could have used a healthy JPP on SNF & I'm still mildly ticked off at him over the accident. I know; I know what's done is done. Just continue rehabbing & get better man. 

I wonder if NFL contracts will forbid fireworks activities in player contracts just like motorcycle racing or bungee jumping now. Owners will wanna protect their investments or get out of a fiscal commitment if the situation deals with reckless behavior. 

If an owner provides me with a lucrative standard of living as a ball player, I'm cool with some restrictions on my free time even if lighting an explosive device was a recreational activity I grew up with as a little kid. Let's see major zeros in my paycheck vs something that has a fuse & goes boom. That's an easy call for me. Do I like having a nice house, fancy cars, & a pretty wife? Hades yeah! Okay. No more firecrackers. 

Thanks for this post 21. The Giants could have used a healthy JPP on SNF & I'm still mildly ticked off at him over the accident. I know; I know what's done is done. Just continue rehabbing & get better man.

I wonder if NFL contracts will forbid fireworks activities in player contracts just like motorcycle racing or bungee jumping now. Owners will wanna protect their investments or get out of a fiscal commitment if the situation deals with reckless behavior.

If an owner provides me with a lucrative standard of living as a ball player, I'm cool with some restrictions on my free time even if lighting an explosive device was a recreational activity I grew up with as a little kid. Let's see major zeros in my paycheck vs something that has a fuse & goes boom. That's an easy call for me. Do I like having a nice house, fancy cars, & a pretty wife? Hades yeah! Okay. No more firecrackers.

That's just irresponsibility. If you blow your hand off, you were probably doing something stupid and deserve it.

That's just irresponsibility. If you blow your hand off, you were probably doing something stupid and deserve it.

versus

Well, you really have to hand it to JPP. Putting up his fists and fighting any adversity that comes his way. Others might prefer sitting under palm trees with a cold drink in their hand, but JPP is working his way back. He deserves applause for his efforts.

What a difference in perspective!