Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Three colt TE's make top 60 TE per BR

12isthenew18

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Allen a lot but he has not done anything yet to be ranked in the top 20. He has potential be a top TE but he has yet to prove it.

Completely disagree, in his rookie season he was already easily a top 10 TE. Injuries have certainly hampered him but he's still easily top 20 and I have little doubt he'll be an elite TE if he can just stay healthy.

Fleener is way better than the 26th best TE in the NFL.  And Allen has too many injuries over the past couple of season to be in the top 20, let alone top 15.

I completely agree that Fleener is better than 26th.  I think he needs to be in the top 10.  But Allen definitely needs top be in the top 15 regardless of injury.  Even during the seasons he has been injured he has been an impact player, plus the scheme tends to shy from him using his receiving ability.  I'd say Luck has about 10 more sacks each of the past 2 seasons if you take Allen out of the game.  That is huge and not even counting his receiving yards.

You say we shouldn't be debating this because they're both Colts yet in your very last post you said Fleener has been better. So, it would seem, your true motive is to stop me because you disagree with my stance.

You also haven't responded to any of the Fleener supporters to infrom them how the debate is "lame", just Dustin and I. Coincidence?

Fleeners numbers have been better. The debate is useless being they are both Colt players IMO. Who made the comment makes no difference. If you have a problem with my comment it is your choice to reply. If you have a comprehension problem with my comment that's on you.

Completely disagree, in his rookie season he was already easily a top 10 TE. Injuries have certainly hampered him but he's still easily top 20 and I have little doubt he'll be an elite TE if he can just stay healthy.

I completely agree that Fleener is better than 26th.  I think he needs to be in the top 10.  But Allen definitely needs top be in the top 15 regardless of injury.  Even during the seasons he has been injured he has been an impact player, plus the scheme tends to shy from him using his receiving ability.  I'd say Luck has about 10 more sacks each of the past 2 seasons if you take Allen out of the game.  That is huge and not even counting his receiving yards.

Alright, I can see the argument for him being in the top 20 but I can't agree with top 15 or higher.  Part of that also stems that I don't think Allen is that much of a better blocker than Fleener. Fleener is not as bad a blocker as many on this forum think and Allen is not as good as some think.

Alright, I can see the argument for him being in the top 20 but I can't agree with top 15 or higher.  Part of that also stems that I don't think Allen is that much of a better blocker than Fleener. Fleener is not as bad a blocker as many on this forum think and Allen is not as good as some think.

I don't see it as that though... Hamilton is forcing that perception... He puts Allen in more of the jumbo and Fleener in more of the pass catching.  So by nature we skew the perception.  Which I think is an error on Hamilton's part as I too think both can do each other's role more than adequately.

Juicy contradiction.

Fleener- ave 59 catches per year. 554 ave. yards per year. 14 total TDs.  Allen- ave 25 catches per year. 312 ave yards per year. 12 total TDs. There is no contradiction. Those are the facts. Has injury played a big part? No doubt. But the fact remains that Fleener has played a bigger part of the Colts winning than Allen. If Allen can stay healthy those numbers might change but at this point they are what they are. Is this really worth getting your panties in a bunch over? My point being they are both Colt TEs and I, for one are glad they are here. You have a different opinion and that is fine but I don't take it on a personal level such as yourself.

Let me see if I got this right.....

Allen has had one good season -- his rookie year. And two years impacted by injuries, one that he lost almost entirely and this past year.

Fleener had one OK season, his rookie year, and two very good seasons.

Yet Allen is ranked 11th and Fleener is 26th. Right. Must be the new math these kids today are using........

Allen's better, injuries and all. Once he's healthy there will be no doubt.

Fleener- ave 59 catches per year. 554 ave. yards per year. 14 total TDs. Allen- ave 25 catches per year. 312 ave yards per year. 12 total TDs. There is no contradiction. Those are the facts. Has injury played a big part? No doubt. But the fact remains that Fleener has played a bigger part of the Colts winning than Allen. If Allen can stay healthy those numbers might change but at this point they are what they are. Is this really worth getting your panties in a bunch over? My point being they are both Colt TEs and I, for one are glad they are here. You have a different opinion and that is fine but I don't take it on a personal level such as yourself.

lmao. You called Fleener better, and still are, then in the next breath said "Why some feel the need to say one is better than the other is beyond me."

Contradiction.

Spare me the stats. Allen and Fleener play different roles as TEs. Fleener was targeted nearly twice as much as Allen.

I don't see it as that though... Hamilton is forcing that perception... He puts Allen in more of the jumbo and Fleener in more of the pass catching.  So by nature we skew the perception.  Which I think is an error on Hamilton's part as I too think both can do each other's role more than adequately.

I had not considered that.  You may be correct.

I don't see it as that though... Hamilton is forcing that perception... He puts Allen in more of the jumbo and Fleener in more of the pass catching. So by nature we skew the perception. Which I think is an error on Hamilton's part as I too think both can do each other's role more than adequately.

You're right, Allen would be much better in either role. He's pigeonholed as a blocker now so Fleener gets the stats which skews the stat lookers view.

I had not considered that. You may be correct.

If Fleener was used in Allen's role and forced to block as much as Allen then you'd see the disparity. It's not close. I will say, however, Fleener is not as useless blocking as some say.

In the reverse, Allen would excel in Fleener's role. A healthy Allen has very little weakness in his game.

Well said CL. Health is Allen's only weakness. Plus, Allen blocks Fleener on the other hand not so much. I don't hate Fleener. He's just not the full package Allen is. 

Also, Dwayne gets my blood pumping as in something good is about to go down with him on the field. I know Fleener contributes, but Allen makes me feel like we got this. 6 points on the docket baby. Here we go. 

When Allen went down with injury my heart sank. If we lost Fleener for an extended period I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. JMO. 

Well said CL. Health is Allen's only weakness. Plus, Allen blocks Fleener on the other hand not so much. I don't hate Fleener. He's just not the full package Allen is.

Also, Dwayne gets my blood pumping as in something good is about to go down with him on the field. I know Fleener contributes, but Allen makes me feel like we got this. 6 points on the docket baby. Here we go.

When Allen went down with injury my heart sank. If we lost Fleener for an extended period I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. JMO.

61205176.jpg

My thoughts exactly.

It saddens me how underutilized Allen is in the passing game. He ran 281 routes compared to the 474 routes Fleener ran (Gronk 449). I would not be surprised if Allen leaves next year so he can be more of a focal point in an offense.

lmao. You called Fleener better, and still are, then in the next breath said "Why some feel the need to say one is better than the other is beyond me."

Contradiction.

Spare me the stats. Allen and Fleener play different roles as TEs. Fleener was targeted nearly twice as much as Allen.

Then what difference does it make if one is better than the other? It wouldn't bother me at all if they both took turns from one week to the next being the best on that day. You seem to want to turn this into an argument but I refuse to play those games. I deal in stats and numbers when it come to the players and what they have accomplished, not what they might do. Who cares if Fleener had more passes thrown his way? I am sure that Luck likes both just as well as the other. Having the luxury of both benefits the Colts and I care to dwell on that, not who is better. The defenses dictate on what player is used the most in a single game. Debating and or arguing about this is childish.

Then what difference does it make if one is better than the other? It wouldn't bother me at all if they both took turns from one week to the next being the best on that day. You seem to want to turn this into an argument but I refuse to play those games. I deal in stats and numbers when it come to the players and what they have accomplished, not what they might do. Who cares if Fleener had more passes thrown his way? I am sure that Luck likes both just as well as the other. Having the luxury of both benefits the Colts and I care to dwell on that, not who is better. The defenses dictate on what player is used the most in a single game. Debating and or arguing about this is childish.

If this is so childish why do you keep responding to me? No one is forcing you. What is your goal? Again this is a thread about an article that specifically ranked TEs. There's bound to be debate. If you don't like it, you can leave.

I'm aware both are Colts and I'm happy about that. I don't dislike or hate Fleener. I believe Allen is the much better TE and significantly underutilized in the passing game. I take exception to people exclaiming "Fleener is better!" just because they look at his stats and see he had more receptions and yards. And I have a right to express that.

Why do you keep responding to me? What is your goal? Again this is a thread about an article that specifically ranked TEs. There's bound to be debate. If you don't like it, leave.

I'm aware both are Colts and I'm happy about that. I don't dislike or hate Fleener. I believe Allen is the better TE and significantly underutilized in the passing game. I take exception to people exclaiming "Fleener is better!" just because they look at his stats and see he had more receptions and yards.

Why do you take exception at all? That is my point. We all have different opinions but just because mine don't match yours does not automatically make yours wrong. Taking an exception in this case should be mute. They are both Colts. You don't have the right to tell anyone to leave in the first place. You are not a Mod and don't have that authority. Feel free to use the ignore button.

Why do you take exception at all? That is my point. We all have different opinions but just because mine don't match yours does not automatically make yours wrong. Taking an exception in this case should be mute. They are both Colts. You don't have the right to tell anyone to leave in the first place. You are not a Mod and don't have that authority. Feel free to use the ignore button.

Heavens to Murgatroyd . . .

Let's move on. This is obviously my opinion and I feel very strongly about it.

I take exception to it because it spreads ignorance among fans when people say stuff like, "Coby had better numbers therefore he's the better TE". No, just no.

For the record,  I haven't made an argument that Fleener is better.

My argument is about the rankings.     Allen at 11 is fine.    Fleener at 26 is a joke.     Simply ridiculous.

Fleener should be ranked very close to Allen.   Fleener should be in the top 15.

For the record, I haven't made an argument that Fleener is better.

My argument is about the rankings. Allen at 11 is fine. Fleener at 26 is a joke. Simply ridiculous.

Fleener should be ranked very close to Allen. Fleener should be in the top 15.

I can agree he should be higher than 26 for his 2014 season.

Name me 10 TE's that are better than Fleener and Allen....Both are top 10, maybe top 15 at worst IMO.

Gronk

Graham

Gates

Thomas

Witten

H. Miller

..... Uh anyone else who you can say is categorically better than Allen and Fleener?

G. Olsen (Maybe,..)

V. Davis (maybe...)

Pitta (Maybe...)

These three are good TE's but i wouldnt categorically put them higher than Allen or Fleener....

I'm being serious though, someone tell me if I'm crazy or missing anyone out / forgetting anyone. I honestly would only put those 6 above Allen and Fleener and the other three are maybe on par with....

Olsen isn't a maybe....he's better. Kelce is bout to be a monster

For the record,  I haven't made an argument that Fleener is better.

My argument is about the rankings.     Allen at 11 is fine.    Fleener at 26 is a joke.     Simply ridiculous.

Fleener should be ranked very close to Allen.   Fleener should be in the top 15.

The record so notes.

Also the record should indicate that I have not said whether I think Allen or Fleener is better just that I think Allen's injury history should prevent him from being at #11 right now.

61205176.jpg

My thoughts exactly.

It saddens me how underutilized Allen is in the passing game. He ran 281 routes compared to the 474 routes Fleener ran (Gronk 449). I would not be surprised if Allen leaves next year so he can be more of a focal point in an offense.

if Allen leaves because pep is to stupid to use him right I will be very upset he needs to get his head out of his * and get Allen more involved in the passing game

If this is so childish why do you keep responding to me? No one is forcing you. What is your goal? Again this is a thread about an article that specifically ranked TEs. There's bound to be debate. If you don't like it, you can leave.

I'm aware both are Colts and I'm happy about that. I don't dislike or hate Fleener. I believe Allen is the much better TE and significantly underutilized in the passing game. I take exception to people exclaiming "Fleener is better!" just because they look at his stats and see he had more receptions and yards. And I have a right to express that.

Unfortunately, Allen is also underutilized in the running game as well.

Heavens to Murgatroyd . . .

Let's move on. This is obviously my opinion and I feel very strongly about it.

I take exception to it because it spreads ignorance among fans when people say stuff like, "Coby had better numbers therefore he's the better TE". No, just no.

So now you call me ignorant because I have a different opinion than you? Did I stoop so low as to insult you? I explained why I have an opinion but yet you want to pass out the insults. Not everyone shares your opinion and more than likely couldn't care less one way or another. You make a big deal out of nothing and then back it up with throwing your insults around? You need to grow up and quit being a baby.

So now you call me ignorant because I have a different opinion than you? Did I stoop so low as to insult you? I explained why I have an opinion but yet you want to pass out the insults. Not everyone shares your opinion and more than likely couldn't care less one way or another. You make a big deal out of nothing and then back it up with throwing your insults around? You need to grow up and quit being a baby.

Honestly, I think you're the one being the baby and making this a big deal. And, I didn't call you ignorant, read it again.

As someone once told me "Feel free to use the ignore button."

Honestly, I think you're the one being the baby and making this a big deal. Also, I didn't call you ignorant, read it again.

As someone once told me "Feel free to use the ignore button."

No problem. I don't have to be insulted by anyone including you.

^ Complains about being insulted and then proceeds to dish out his own insult.  Seems a bit...hypocritical?  Perhaps? :P