Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donte Moncrief will have a better season than Phillip Dorsett.

Dustin

By "UK" I'm guessing you DON'T MEAN the University of Kentucky?!?

So, the reason why I see you on-line at all sorts of crazy hours is because you're living in...........   England?

I thought you lived in Pittsburgh, or somewhere in Pennsylvania?          When did you go to the UK??

I was born here, native, I live in the cold North (imagine GoT and you're not far wrong).

Steel City comes from living in the "original" Steel City :P

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was born here, native, I live in the cold North (imagine GoT and you're not far wrong).

I've never been, though it's very much on my bucket list.

But isn't the "cold north" also known as......   Scotland?   

Or,  are you just south of the border?

Just askin.....

I've never been, though it's very much on my bucket list.

But isn't the "cold north" also known as......   Scotland?   

Or,  are you just south of the border?

Just askin.....

Not that far North, Scotland is "beyond the wall". I live in what's considered to be the start of the "North". 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Yorkshire

I mean it's already been said. They are Colts players and we should be happy when they do good. I would like to look at this like an advanced, more speedy version of Harrison, Wayne, Stokely. I mean I certainly hope our trio of Hilton, Moncrief, Dorsett could match that trio.

still don't change that Moncrief is the more prototypical WR and Phillip is just another speedster

he is more than a speedster. he has good hands and makes tough catches too.  he needs to get the route tree down, but he is coming along just fine.

have some patience! it took both reggie and marvin 3 seasons to hit 1000 yards, yet after 6 games played you are convinced that moncrief is going to be much better than PD, while he is just now starting to play like a starter

he is more than a speedster. he has good hands and makes tough catches too. he needs to get the route tree down, but he is coming along just fine.

have some patience! it took both reggie and marvin 3 seasons to hit 1000 yards, yet after 6 games played you are convinced that moncrief is going to be much better than PD, while he is just now starting to play like a starter

But on the flippy side. Why are you so convinced that Moncrief isn't the better player and such is life?

By "UK" I'm guessing you DON'T MEAN the University of Kentucky?!?

So, the reason why I see you on-line at all sorts of crazy hours is because you're living in........... England?

I thought you lived in Pittsburgh, or somewhere in Pennsylvania? When did you go to the UK??

Oy. The lad gets his cheeky nandos every end of the week from his locale chip shop.

I am trying to understand this thread. Are you guys happy that your third round WR choice from last year is going to significantly out perform your 1st round draft WR choice from this year?

Yeeaaahhh... this really isn't a bold prediction like the OP thinks it is.

Are you a Stark? Have you been to the wall?

Man, your family has really suffered some "bumps" in the road!

haha

WINTER IS COMING !!!!!!

But on the flippy side. Why are you so convinced that Moncrief isn't the better player and such is life?

Its time to start a "lance louis will be better than ulrick john" thread.

The moncrief vs dorsett thing has been beaten to death. Time to move on to the next HUGELY important discussion.

I am trying to understand this thread. Are you guys happy that your third round WR choice from last year is going to significantly out perform your 1st round draft WR choice from this year?

To understand this thread,  you have to go back to the beginning....   the thread started in late May,  a few weeks after the draft.

Dorsett was a red-hot topic at the time, and the OP stated then that Moncrief would out-perform Dorsett this year.

The OP recently bumped it for some attention in late September....    and people have been responding to that bump enough in the last few weeks to keep the topic going.

Dorsett has great talent.     Moncrief is in his 2nd year of a complicated system.    The Colts ask every receiver to learn every position on the field.     Most teams don't do that.     They ask receivers to learn one, maybe two spots on the field.     So the learning curve can be steep.  

Moncrief was very raw last year,  but he's got great tools.     Dorsett was a little less raw, but has rare speed.     

Next year will be Y3 for Moncrief and Y2 for Dorsett.     It will be interesting to see how things unfold then.   

At that point,  hopefully it's win-win for the Colts.    But that's about 10 months away.............

To understand this thread,  you have to go back to the beginning....   the thread started in late May,  a few weeks after the draft.

Dorsett was a red-hot topic at the time, and the OP stated then that Moncrief would out-perform Dorsett this year.

The OP recently bumped it for some attention in late September....    and people have been responding to that bump enough in the last few weeks to keep the topic going.

Dorsett has great talent.     Moncrief is in his 2nd year of a complicated system.    The Colts ask every receiver to learn every position on the field.     Most teams don't do that.     They ask receivers to learn one, maybe two spots on the field.     So the learning curve can be steep.  

Moncrief was very raw last year,  but he's got great tools.     Dorsett was a little less raw, but has rare speed.     

Next year will be Y3 for Moncrief and Y2 for Dorsett.     It will be interesting to see how things unfold then.   

At that point,  hopefully it's win-win for the Colts.    But that's about 10 months away.............

Thanks for explaining. I like Moncrief a lot. There does not seem to be room for Dorsett just yet on the depth chart but if his talent is there then he will move up as the season progresses but realistically, he is probably a season away from making impact.