Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Odell Beckham Jr.

tvturner

I understand what you mean, it does get tiring to hear about OBJ all the time, but he did have a stellar year.  He is well respected and is not a trouble maker, so all in all it isn't the worst.  I would like them to talk about other players that deserve mentioning from time to time.  At least it's not Manziel 24/7 anymore.   

After the rookie season he had I have no problem with him. Especially after making what some are saying the best catch ever. I really cant say if it was the greatest ever but it sure is in the top three of all time IMO. Give the guy his kudos.

Is anyone else tired of seeing this guy?

Honestly, the NFL is eating, sleeping, and breathing OBJ right now.

Hope some cornerbacks show him up next year.

:rant:

Why? He's about to be a great player....

I love to see receiving talent come in...and he's gifted. The networks make a lot of him but he plays in NYC.

Is anyone else tired of seeing this guy?

Honestly, the NFL is eating, sleeping, and breathing OBJ right now.

Hope some cornerbacks show him up next year.

:rant:

The kid is fantastic. I wish he wore a horseshoe on his head every Sunday. He isn't a star in the making, he is already there

I'd say the OBJ is the exact kind of player they should be talking about. He's not especially cocky or vulgar, he doesn't have off-the-field issues, and he seems to be a star in the making. It's certainly a nice break from some of the players we've had to talk about in the recent past: TO, Randy Moss, Ray Rice, Tom Brady, etc etc.

He had one of the best rookie seasons ever, he's going to get attention. He entertaining without being cocky or arrogant (hopefully that stays the same with all the love he's getting). I don't mind one bit if the media wants to show these kinds of players

I can't hate on the guy- do you literally just hate him because ESPN brings him up too much? He had 1300 yards and 12 TDs in 11 games. That'll get you talked about. I love the guy because he's great.

Does it deserve to be talked about? Yes, most definitely.

Does it deserve to be pushed down our throats for 8 months of the year? No, not at all.

Seriously, I don't care if he posts a Instagram video for Lebron James buzzer beater, so please don't play it 1000 times ESPN it's not that hard!

Does it deserve to be talked about? Yes, most definitely.

Does it deserve to be pushed down our throats for 8 months of the year? No, not at all.

Seriously, I don't care if he posts a Instagram video for Lebron James buzzer beater, so please don't play it 1000 times ESPN it's not that hard!

Amen

I don't see Antonio Brown, Aaron Rodgers, or Jamaal Charles getting this attention

They're known commodities at this point. Odell just broke onto the scene, as a rookie, who missed several games and still killed it.

Never had a problem him until reading the report just now on NFL.com about him saying NFL players should be making more money.  That's ludicrous imo.  I do get where he's coming from in that NFL players probably should make more than NBA or MLB players due to the violence of the sport, but none of them should make more than they currently are..imo.

Never had a problem him until reading the report just now on NFL.com about him saying NFL players should be making more money.  That's ludicrous imo.  I do get where he's coming from in that NFL players probably should make more than NBA or MLB players due to the violence of the sport, but none of them should make more than they currently are..imo.

I don't necessarily agree with him, but I understand what he's saying. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/15/odell-beckham-jr-nfl-pay_n_7290492.html

What irritates me is the duplicity from NFL players. On one hand: "The game is violent and we should be better compensated and more taken care of." On the other hand: "Why do they keep changing the rules for player safety? They're ruining the game!" 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• TJ Green was a a Grigson pick. I know it’s been pointed out but if you’re going to be so arrogantly biased but not remember a player drafted before the GM your bashing them, the substance of your message is incredibly vacated of credibility.   His drafts have consisted of incredibly high upside, toolsy and traitsy prospects. If anything his knock has been that he hasn’t taken safer players with high floors and lower upside.   My take on Banogu is that his demise is from his greed. He was drafted to play, and played in college as a linebacker. His role was to be the same as a Dontae Hightower. Someone mainly utilized for blitzes, and a run stuffer. However he came in and wanted to be a pass rusher because they get paid a heck of a lot more than a line backer on average. They shouldn’t have let him take that on and kept him at line backer and he might still be on a roster.    As far as block buster moves how can you discredit the Buckner trade? Trading for Carson Wentz? Trading for Matt Ryan? You can’t say he hasn’t taken chances. I blame Frank Reich more than anything still. I mean who the hell has Andrew Luck coming back in his first game after a huge shoulder surgery and throwing 53 times? I think that was the first moment that made me question Reich.   Your Richardson take is so disgusting and troll inducing it makes me think you don’t watch football or have watched any tape. You would think he played like Lamar Jackson where as he always has his eyes down the field when he breaks from the pocket.   Reich was the bigger failure and the reason we kept a revolving door at QB IMHO. A GM has to take the QB his head coach wants and Reich was wrong 4 times with the likes of Rivers (ultimately set us back another year by playing one season and dipping after taking us deep enough in the draft we couldn’t trade up without it costing us a fortune) Wentz, Foles and Ryan. You can’t win without a QB and he impeded us from getting a QB his entire tenure.
    • I appreciate your frustration…. But you and I have had this exact same conversation before.      What can I tell you?   The world changed.  Information used to come in your morning newspaper or the 10 or 11p news.  Info moved slowly.      Now information moves at the speed of a tweet.  The pressure to keep up has exploded.   Most people don’t get their news from the paper,  they get it from their phone.   Everyone is doing the best they can under extremely difficult circumstances.   Well…. Most everyone.    And what may be crap to some is fine for others.   In this thread here, @Superman noted that for some people the news is good or bad simply if they agree with it or not.  We, all of us,  are far, far more tribal than we ever used to be when we were younger.      The world has changed for better and worse.   Who was the former Indy Star writer who left to join The Athletic? He wrote about how,  for the first time in his life, having to worry about selling subscriptions.  And if he didn’t hit quotas he was going to get fired.  I was horrified for him.  My heart broke for him.  Why The Athletic thinks that’s a good business model is beyond me, but they do.   That kind of excruciating pressure will inevitably lead to bad editorial decisions.  A real shame.      I don’t know what kind of response you were expecting from me….  But these are my thoughts.   Hope it clarified.  
    • It's a valid concern. We had a powerhouse post on this from one of our members after the Colts made the pick. You should check it out.      
    • Laiatu Latu is one of the best pass rushers in the draft, but I am a bit concerned about his past neck injury. He had to go several doctors before finding one who allowed him to play. I'm sure the Colts vetted him before drafting (as did other teams who wanted him), so they must feel he's safe enough.    However, this injury could re occur sometime, and cause later problems. Consider the Cowboys Leighton Vander Esh who was a very good player but finally had to retire due to a nagging neck injury.    Is anyone else concerned about this? Or am I jumping to conclusions? 
  • Members

• Fat Clemenza

Fat Clemenza 392

• Jason_

Jason_ 2,312

• John Hammonds

John Hammonds 5,041

• Introspect

Introspect 346

• Dingus McGirt

Dingus McGirt 3,687

• Kc77