Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Discussing the Patriots w/o Brady (merge)

CR91

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what you are talking about. Cassell did a fine job BUT the Pats did miss the playoffs. I think the main take away from all Pats fans is that Pats will continue to be good/very good when Brady is retired but they have been extraordinary with him. Winning some regular season games really is not on the same planet as cheating to win 4 rings, 3 SB MVPs, and 21 post-season wins ...

They went 11-5. You conveniently left that part out and were all like but they missed the playoffs. That's an example if how everything you say is littered with subtle things to make Tom Brady look good.

They went 11-5. You conveniently left that part out and were all like but they missed the playoffs. That's an example if how everything you say is littered with subtle things to make Tom Brady look good.

Not so subtle, actually...

They did go 11-5 and missed the playoffs. As I said regular season wins are great but post-season appearances and wins are where legacies are made. Brady is the most accomplished QB in NFL history. Now that being said, when he retires, if the Pats continue to appear and win Super Bowls at the same clip, I will gladly admit that the Patriots organization is the best that has ever graced a football field. I am not anticipating it though.

Brady isn't getting traded. He'll be back leading New England to the playoffs again, unless somehow Jimmy gets him into a hole he can't climb out of, which seems absurd considering it's only four games...

They did go 11-5 and missed the playoffs. As I said regular season wins are great but post-season appearances and wins are where legacies are made. Brady is the most accomplished QB in NFL history. Now that being said, when he retires, if the Pats continue to appear and win Super Bowls at the same clip, I will gladly admit that the Patriots organization is the best that has ever graced a football field. I am not anticipating it though.

He's not the most accomplished QB in NFL history. The more you say it, the more it implies the opposite. It's like when somebody posts on FB 40 times a day how well they're doing when they know they're broke, or how their spouse has never cheated on them because they know that everybody else knows he/she is out cheating right now.

He's not the most accomplished QB in NFL history. The more you say it, the more it implies the opposite. It's like when somebody posts on FB 40 times a day how well they're doing when they know they're broke, or how their spouse has never cheated on them because they know that everybody else knows he/she is out cheating right now.

He is the most accomplished. Most SB appearances, tied for most SB titles, most post-season wins all time, most conference title game appearances, best winning percentage all time in the regular season, most divisional titles, top 5 or better in all major passing categories ...

He is the most accomplished. Most SB appearances, tied for most SB titles, most post-season wins all time, most conference title game appearances, best winning percentage all time in the regular season, most divisional titles, top 5 or better in all major passing categories ...

These records now rank up there with Barry Bonds 762 Home Runs and ARod's 661 unfortunately.

These records now rank up there with Barry Bonds 762 Home Runs and ARod's 661 unfortunately.

lol. Keep dreaming ... your PED comparison makes you look really bad here. But keep trying to push it ... while the Wells report keeps getting torn apart.

lol. Keep dreaming ... your PED comparison makes you look really bad here. But keep trying to push it ... while the Wells report keeps getting torn apart.

The comparison is how the general public outside of Boston views tainted records. The point is most still believe Aaron is still the home run champ, and Lance armstrongs championships are null and void.

The comparison is how the general public outside of Boston views tainted records. The point is most still believe Aaron is still the home run champ, and Lance armstrongs championships are null and void.

And Nixon too. The haters can do whatever they want but I am surprised to see you trumpeting it. I thought you would be above the mob mentality ...

Ray rice will never play another down. Greg Hardy got ten games. Roger isn't going anywhere.

What does that matter? His punishment was 2 games for his actions. Roger has turned this league into the WWE. It is a shame. A complete and total embarrassment.

The haters can do whatever they want but I am surprised to see you trumpeting it. I thought you would be above the mob mentality ...

It's not a mob mentality , but wanting fairness in the game. It's not about hating, because the Red Sox win, and there is not this reaction. But a unbiased report came out implicating Brady, and it has to be discussed.

You, and many others, came down hard rightfully on the Ray Rice affair. But unlike many of you, I owned it as a Ravens fan and called it wrong from the behavior, to the light original suspension. It's fair game. As the only Ravens fan on a Colts forum, posters want the Baltimore perspective. It's just the way it is.

It's not a mob mentality , but wanting fairness in the game. It's not about hating, because the Red Sox win, and there is not this reaction. But a unbiased report came out implicating Brady, and it has to be discussed.

You, and many others, came down hard rightfully on the Ray Rice affair. But unlike many of you, I owned it as a Ravens fan and called it wrong from the behavior, to the light original suspension. It's fair game. As the only Ravens fan on a Colts forum, posters want the Baltimore perspective. It's just the way it is.

Are you serious? What Ray Rice did was on video and was a heinous crime. As heinous as they come. What we Pats fans have is a "report" about ball deflation, one of the most benign offenses in the rule book that was unable to prove tampering and they went over the top with the punishment. With all due respect, you had no choice but to own the Rice debacle and be rightfully upset about the league handling of it as it was a complete joke. But that is not the case with Wells and this report.

Are you serious? What Ray Rice did was on video and was a heinous crime. As heinous as they come. What we Pats fans have is a "report" about ball deflation, one of the most benign offenses in the rule book that was unable to prove tampering and they went over the top with the punishment. With all due respect, you had no choice but to own the Rice debacle and be rightfully upset about the league handling of it as it was a complete joke. But that is not the case with Wells and this report.

I also came down hard on other Raven rule law breakers also. It is not benign when a close game like the Ravens game may have been affected by being able to grip a ball better in a cold game, when the other QB doesn't enjoy a level playing field.

I also came down hard on other Raven rule law breakers also. It is not benign when a close game like the Ravens game may have been affected by being able to grip a ball better in a cold game, when the other QB doesn't enjoy a level playing field.

But this is where you are not being fair or objective as a rival fan.

First, Wells never proved tampering in the Colts game nor did he prove any history of it.

Second, your coach came out and said he did not believe the Pats tampered with the balls.

Third, Wells said today that the league office did not take Grigson's alert to watch for ball tampering seriously and therefore did not do anything about until half time when he called them up screaming. Now, if there was some history to the Pats deflating footballs don't you think the league would have take Grigson's complaint very serious?

No it's not otherwise all offenses would be punished the same ...

Great point!  The Patriots just got the harshest punishment for cheating in the history of the game, meaning it's the most egregious form we've ever seen.

Why are the Bills obvious? That team is decent QB play away from being a contender and Rexy knows the Pats very well. As it stands, I'd say the Bills overall team minus QB is better than the Pats overall team minus QB. And the Pats will be minus QB for their matchup.

Probably the best post ever with 3 x minus's in it. A big plus from me Mr Legacy!

What does that matter? His punishment was 2 games for his actions. Roger has turned this league into the WWE. It is a shame. A complete and total embarrassment.

What you seem to forget is that his hands were tied by the policy at the time. He simply couldn't do more.