Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Discussing the Patriots w/o Brady (merge)

CR91

With all due respect, but this deflating issue has never been about the integrity of the game. That is just the buzz word that keeps getting thrown around to justify where the anger is supposed to stem from. All we've heard for the last week is people complain about how the Patriots and Brady handled it...the supposed lieing is what has people all in a tizzy. People are upset with the response of those involved, not even the action itself. 

Well for me I was seething about the actual deflation of the balls.  The rest of it made it worse

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what you are talking about. Cassell did a fine job BUT the Pats did miss the playoffs. I think the main take away from all Pats fans is that Pats will continue to be good/very good when Brady is retired but they have been extraordinary with him. Winning some regular season games really is not on the same planet as 4 rings, 3 SB MVPs,  and 21 post-season wins ...

I wouldn't count on the being very good when Brady retires unless his backup impresses greatly. Belichick gets more credit for one good season with a mediocre QB than anyone in the history of the NFL. Marty Shottenheimer did it for years and people consider him a loser lol.

And Nixon too. The haters can do whatever they want but I am surprised to see you trumpeting it. I thought you would be above the mob mentality ...

Referring to anyone who disagrees with you as a mob?  Come on.  The people who disagree with you have completely sane judgement

Pats go 1-3 and then Brady comes back and gets sacked only to tear his acl/mcl and be out the rest of the year.

Then on his way to the MRI he slips on a deflated football and breaks his tailbone.

That's how I see things going

Im sorry but as much as I can't stand Tom Brady, I have to say that is a total classless thing to do. Wishing/hoping/hedging injury on someone is just well wrong.

Too early to tell how good the entire team will be especially with the cleaning out of the corners. Jimmy G is pretty well an unknown, but he would be hard pressed to be worse than Cassel who went 11-5 with the Patriots. (Different time, practically a whole different team of course.)

So... shot in the dark? 2-2. Almost certainly a loss to DAL and likely either PIT or BUF.

But this is where you are not being fair or objective as a rival fan.

First, Wells never proved tampering in the Colts game nor did he prove any history of it.

Second, your coach came out and said he did not believe the Pats tampered with the balls.

Third, Wells said today that the league office did not take Grigson's alert to watch for ball tampering seriously and therefore did not do anything about until half time when he called them up screaming. Now, if there was some history to the Pats deflating footballs don't you think the league would have take Grigson's complaint very serious?

Belichick helped John get his job, so you have to weigh that with his comments. As for the balls, the bottom line is they found them deflated, end of story. How they got checked doesn't matter, they got caught, and you have to pay the piper.

Belichick helped John get his job, so you have to weigh that with his comments. As for the balls, the bottom line is they found them deflated, end of story. How they got checked doesn't matter, they got caught, and you have to pay the piper.

The report was ultimately inconclusive and in no way was able to prove any history. Believe what you want about your coach but it would have been easy for him to pile on if he really believed the Pats were deflating balls and he said they didn't in that game.

The report was ultimately inconclusive and in no way was able to prove any history. Believe what you want about your coach but it would have been easy for him to pile on if he really believed the Pats were deflating balls and he said they didn't in that game.

John is not like that. He just moves on.

He made a big stink about the formations. Surely he would have mentioned the balls as well if he really believed they were deflated.

I would put the formation deal like baseball unwritten rules. It was legal, but very sneaky, and got outlawed immediately. John coaches honorably and gets great respect around the league. It was on the outskirts of the rules, where the Patriots seem to go more than other teams.

I would put the formation deal like baseball unwritten rules. It was legal, but very sneaky, and got outlawed immediately. John coaches honorably and gets great respect around the league. It was on the outskirts of the rules, where the Patriots seem to go more than other teams.

Sure but when the Colts brought up the balls and the NFL began their investigation, he could have easily piled on. As you said, he has integrity so I believe him when he says the Pats balls were fine. If you choose not to, that is fine. But again, there has been no proven history of this whatsoever. And no real proof in the Wells report either regarding the AFCCG. So that is all we have to go on ...

Sure but when the Colts brought up the balls and the NFL began their investigation, he could have easily piled on. As you said, he has integrity so I believe him when he says the Pats balls were fine. If you choose not to, that is fine. But again, there has been no proven history of this whatsoever. And no real proof in the Wells report either regarding the AFCCG. So that is all we have to go on ...

Thought you were gonna stay away from this topic for the week?

John has his opinion, and I have mine. The problem is when something like this happens, you just don't know how far back it went. If they used it against the Colts, it's not a far stretch to say they may have used it against the Ravens, who gave them fits.

John has his opinion, and I have mine. The problem is when something like this happens, you just don't know how far back it went. If they used it against the Colts, it's not a far stretch to say they may have used it against the Ravens, who gave them fits.

I don't think it is a stretch to say it has been going on since Brady has been QB as the refs don't seem to care about psi at all. I do think other teams mess with it. Aaron Rodgers admitted he tried to pass balls by at 14 psi. So I think this psi thing is a joke in terms of how the league monitors it or cares if it is broken. I mean Brady played with 16 psi balls in the Jets due to ref negligence so whose to say how many games in the NFL have been played by all teams with improper balls.

It is almost a certainty that they did this during the Ravens game and earlier.

You have the texts going back over a year.

Plus you would have to be daft to think that these equipment guys would decide that the AFCCG is the right time to mess with the ball without his knowledge.

The whole thing reeks of long term process.

I don't think it is a stretch to say it has been going on since Brady has been QB as the refs don't seem to care about psi at all. I do think other teams mess with it. Aaron Rodgers admitted he tried to pass balls by at 14 psi. So I think this psi thing is a joke in terms of how the league monitors it or cares if it is broken. I mean Brady played with 16 psi balls in the Jets due to ref negligence so whose to say how many games in the NFL have been played by all teams with improper balls.

Did he actually play with the balls at 16psi? I only got that the refs had them inflated to that. For all we know they could have fixed it.

I think the Pats will likely go 2-2.

But I don't think it much matters.    New England has one of their easier schedules this year that they've had since Belichick became their head coach.

So,  they'll find a way to win 11 games and win the division.

People figured the Pats were in trouble when they got whacked early last year by KC....  and how did New England's season turn out after all?

Don't kid yourself,  come January,  the Patriots will likely be in the post season.    How far they go at that point is anyone's guess....

You had to suffer big time with that with the league's incompetence, lying and cover up but yet Roger's investigation found him completely competent. wink, wink ...

The sad thing is Ray lost his whole career over one drunken night. He made a horrible mistake, his wife forgave him, but the piper had to be paid.

Because of this, all punishments are now much harsher than ever before. It's the new normal in the NFL.

It is almost a certainty that they did this during the Ravens game and earlier.

You have the texts going back over a year.

Plus you would have to be daft to think that these equipment guys would decide that the AFCCG is the right time to mess with the ball without his knowledge.

The whole thing reeks of long term process.

I think you are right. Why would you only do it in the Colts game ? I still wonder if the Colts and Ravens talked. There are a lot of ties there.

Honestly I think the pats may surprise us. They can probably go 2-2 but they're gonna need to score points. If Jimmy G. is a Matt Cassell type then the pats could go 3-1 with a little different game planning from BB.

Edit* Had a bit of a John Madden moment. By scoring points I mean they're gonna need more than just a game manager that can actually contribute and be a difference maker.

And 2 games for knocking your fiancé out cold. Roger needs to go.

It has nothing to do with cheating. You are deflecting. I'm sorry Brady was suspended but it doesn't mean that he wasn't guilty of the crime. If you look at the report from a non-bias perspective, it's really hard to come away with any conclusion other than he deliberately tampered. I think the punishment is over the top (draft picks) and that the league needs to handle their balls much better, but in the end, yeah he cheated. Sure other teams have done it and Brady is catching flak for it. It still doesn't excuse it. It's like driving 10 mph over the speed limit. Just cause everyone is doing it doesn't mean you are in the clear if you're caught.

The infraction doesn't tarnish his legacy in my view; he is still the most accomplished QB ever to play (sorry, it's true). But for Pat's fans to play victim here is hilarious. Take your 4 SB championships and smile knowing that TB will be back in time to carry the Pats to another playoff appearance. 

The other thread on deflategate and the punishment. I am done on that one for awhile ...

this has turned into the exact same conversation. We all knew you couldn't resist. I can only imagine the mayhem on patriots forums. lmao

Im sorry but as much as I can't stand Tom Brady, I have to say that is a total classless thing to do. Wishing/hoping/hedging injury on someone is just well wrong.

Relax turbo, it was completey comical. Take your serious hat off for a bit and enjoy the good times.

I was worried what New England would do the first 4 games this upcoming season.  But the wiley Hoodie does it again-

From HeadSpin News:  BREAKING STORY

New England Patriots sign relatively unknown undrafted free-agent, Dom Grady to take the snaps in place of a suspended Tom Brady through the first four games of the 2015/2016 NFL Season.

11234983_10153360929753453_8786570367622

Looks like they'll be fine, and Jimmy G. can get more bench seasoning.   ;-)

Major Sarcasm post folks---  :nutz:

Did he actually play with the balls at 16psi? I only got that the refs had them inflated to that. For all we know they could have fixed it.

He did. That was the subject of the texts between him and Jastremski. He was upset that the balls were at 16 psi for the Jets game as the refs added air to them and did not regauge which is common for them not to do as they don't care that much about whether they get it in the range or not. One of the texts has McNally telling Jastremski that he weighed the balls the next day and they were over 15 psi.