Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Are You Rooting For In The Playoffs?

bap1331

Cheering for:

Ravens- my home state...Maryland...lol. Formerly the Baltimore Colts... :)

Broncos - would be awesome to see Tebow win one. Would be the story of the century seeing one man turn the whole team around.

Lions - Team deserves a Super Bowl after many decades of torture...

Giants (If they make it...) - it would be awesome to see atleast a Manning in the Lucas dome for the Super Bowl.

Raiders (if they make it...) - they work really hard every year...

Cheering against:

Patriots - Hope they make it to the Super Bowl and lose for making fun of our loss to the Saints...

Packers - doubt they will make it far. Injuries are plaguing the team...

Steelers - too many Super Bowls already. Tired of seeing them go to the Super Bowl.

Pulling for teams that most here would likely object to.

Pats - I'm originally from NE and I've always liked them.

Steelers - I think I'm supposed to hate our cross state rival, but I don't.

Packers - Aaron Rodgers is my favorite non-Eagle player.

Ravens - I like John Harbaugh and would be happy for him if he won.

Those I don't want to win:

Giants/Cowboys - One of them has to win the NFCE, and though I hope it's the Giants, I hope either gets KO'd as soon as possible.

Lions - Great story for sure, but I've had the displeasure of seeing historically downtrodden teams like the Bucs, Saints, and Rams emerge to win a Super Bowl before us, and I'd like to not have the Lions win one before us.

Falcons - Never been a big fan of theirs, and same reasoning as the Lions.

Broncos - I and I'm sure many others, could do without the non-stop Tim Tebow talk that'd be sure to follow for a good 6 months after the season.

For:49ers/Raiders/Lions

Against: Ravens/Patriots/Steelers/Packers/Giants (Baltimore would have a way to bring up this is for "stealing their team"/They don't deserve one//Hated them all my life/ Eli can't have more than Peyton lmao)

EDIT: By the way I wouldn't call the Ravens "the former Colts", that isn't who they are.

Considering the current state of the playoff picture:

Rooting for:

49ers- It's been a long time, gotta root for Harbaugh as their coach and I like their style of football, running and defense. Definitely my favorite team in the playoffs, I would love to see these guys at the Superbowl.

Bengals- What could be my AFC savior. I think this team is well overdue for a winner. Once again I like their style, defense and running. They may have failed more than succeeded against the Steelers and Ravens in the regular season, but it's hard to beat a team you play three times a year. I still think this team needs another year to be ready for the big dance with their young team, but they are still going to be my #1 team in the AFC this year

Falcons- A solid team and once again an organization that has not had a large amount of success. It would be something different and refreshing versus the Steelers, Patriots, or Packers part 100. They are a good all around team, I can't think of anything about them I don't like. I also see them having a good enough offense to hang with the Packers and Saints and a good enough defense to slow them down. They are easily my #2 team in the NFC.

Texans-As a Colts fans I feel like I should dislike this team, but I don't. Infact I actually really like this team. They have done a good job of building their team through the draft and now have a great DC in Wade Phillips. It was their time to shine this year and instead of ^messing^ it up in typical Texans fashion they got decimated with injuries. As of now they are playing the Bengals, so I won't root for them in the first game because I feel the Bengals have a better chance of beating the other teams in the AFC.

Lions- Not a fan of their "dirty" style of football, but Detroit fans definitely deserve some success after years of being at the bottom. Before this season and even now I don't think this team is quite ready, it would be nice to see them get a win and if they make it I would definitely root for them.

Giants- Gotta root for the other Manning, but I think between them or the Cowboys neither one of these teams are doing anything in the playoffs but lose.

Broncos- I love their style of football, unfortunately it probably won't be enough to overcome the Patriots and other high powered offenses in the playoffs. The only problem with this team is the media's obsession with Tebow. It's not that I don't like the guy, it has just become incredibly annoying and if they somehow did get anywhere it will become even worse.

Rooting againt-

Pittsburg Steelers

There are alot of Steelers fans here in Fort Wayne, and they are incredibly annoying. I wish the Steelers bandwagon would pick these * up and take them to Pittsburg, they seem to think they are there. They have taken over certain bars and constantly criticize the homegrown Bears and Colts fans. They are easily the fanbase that gives me the most crap for being a Colts fan, one went nuts on me for wearing a Colts jersey on Superbowl Sunday a couple of years ago when the Steelers won the Superbowl. Well I had friends wearing Bears and Lions jerseys during the Superbowl party I went to, I think of it as a football holiday and there is no reason not to support your team even if they aren't there. The funny thing about Steelers fans is they don't take criticism well(they cry when others insult their team, yet have no problem insulting people just for cheering other teams), whereas Bears fans will criticize their own team and Colts fans are used to having venom spewed their way even in Indiana. So the Steelers losing will make them easier to shut up and keep in hiding. If the Steelers win the Superbowl in Indy it will be a big crap on the Colts fans here and they will never shut up about it. No thanks.

Ravens- Don't mind the players or their style. Unfortunately their is an unhealthy obsession here and if the Ravens win the Superbowl in Indy I am sure the talk of "revenge" will never end. I guess the good news is all I would have to do is not watch ESPN for several months and I would be okay. There aren't too many Ravens fans here. Also if they do win, does this mean they can move on now?

Packers- Another team with a big fanbase here in Fort Wayne. It has actually been around for a while, unlike the Steelers. But with the Colts being weak this year, the Packers bandwagon has definitely had some recruiting and loading up. New Packers jerseys are a very common sight here. I have been annoyed with the Packers for a long time, toping out in the late 90s with their ridiculous Favre obsession. I actually like their current players, but their fans are pretty annoying although not as bad as the Steelers. I was okay with one championship, but not in Indy and not again.

Patriots- Come on I am a Colts fans, of course I don't want to see them win the Superbowl in my home state. Unlike the teams above me it wouldn't matter as much. Not too many Patriots fans here and they wouldn't make a huge deal about it like with the Ravens. But I have seen the Patriots win enough titles and Tom Brady gets enough love.

Saints- "Who Dat?" Should be enough of a reason right there. Alot of Colts haters jumped on that band wagon and the feel good story got old fast. Good for them, they got their championship. Call me bitter, and you are probably right. 2009 left a bad taste in my mouth and I have no love for New Orleans after that.

Considering the current state of the playoff picture:

Rooting for:

49ers- It's been a long time, gotta root for Harbaugh as their coach and I like their style of football, running and defense. Definitely my favorite team in the playoffs, I would love to see these guys at the Superbowl.

Bengals- What could be my AFC savior. I think this team is well overdue for a winner. Once again I like their style, defense and running. They may have failed more than succeeded against the Steelers and Ravens in the regular season, but it's hard to beat a team you play three times a year. I still think this team needs another year to be ready for the big dance with their young team, but they are still going to be my #1 team in the AFC this year

Falcons- A solid team and once again an organization that has not had a large amount of success. It would be something different and refreshing versus the Steelers, Patriots, or Packers part 100. They are a good all around team, I can't think of anything about them I don't like. I also see them having a good enough offense to hang with the Packers and Saints and a good enough defense to slow them down. They are easily my #2 team in the NFC.

Texans-As a Colts fans I feel like I should dislike this team, but I don't. Infact I actually really like this team. They have done a good job of building their team through the draft and now have a great DC in Wade Phillips. It was their time to shine this year and instead of ^messing^ it up in typical Texans fashion they got decimated with injuries. As of now they are playing the Bengals, so I won't root for them in the first game because I feel the Bengals have a better chance of beating the other teams in the AFC.

Lions- Not a fan of their "dirty" style of football, but Detroit fans definitely deserve some success after years of being at the bottom. Before this season and even now I don't think this team is quite ready, it would be nice to see them get a win and if they make it I would definitely root for them.

Giants- Gotta root for the other Manning, but I think between them or the Cowboys neither one of these teams are doing anything in the playoffs but lose.

Broncos- I love their style of football, unfortunately it probably won't be enough to overcome the Patriots and other high powered offenses in the playoffs. The only problem with this team is the media's obsession with Tebow. It's not that I don't like the guy, it has just become incredibly annoying and if they somehow did get anywhere it will become even worse.

Rooting againt-

Pittsburg Steelers

There are alot of Steelers fans here in Fort Wayne, and they are incredibly annoying. I wish the Steelers bandwagon would pick these * up and take them to Pittsburg, they seem to think they are there. They have taken over certain bars and constantly criticize the homegrown Bears and Colts fans. They are easily the fanbase that gives me the most crap for being a Colts fan, one went nuts on me for wearing a Colts jersey on Superbowl Sunday a couple of years ago when the Steelers won the Superbowl. Well I had friends wearing Bears and Lions jerseys during the Superbowl party I went to, I think of it as a football holiday and there is no reason not to support your team even if they aren't there. The funny thing about Steelers fans is they don't take criticism well(they cry when others insult their team, yet have no problem insulting people just for cheering other teams), whereas Bears fans will criticize their own team and Colts fans are used to having venom spewed their way even in Indiana. So the Steelers losing will make them easier to shut up and keep in hiding. If the Steelers win the Superbowl in Indy it will be a big crap on the Colts fans here and they will never shut up about it. No thanks.

Ravens- Don't mind the players or their style. Unfortunately their is an unhealthy obsession here and if the Ravens win the Superbowl in Indy I am sure the talk of "revenge" will never end. I guess the good news is all I would have to do is not watch ESPN for several months and I would be okay. There aren't too many Ravens fans here. Also if they do win, does this mean they can move on now?

Packers- Another team with a big fanbase here in Fort Wayne. It has actually been around for a while, unlike the Steelers. But with the Colts being weak this year, the Packers bandwagon has definitely had some recruiting and loading up. New Packers jerseys are a very common sight here. I have been annoyed with the Packers for a long time, toping out in the late 90s with their ridiculous Favre obsession. I actually like their current players, but their fans are pretty annoying although not as bad as the Steelers. I was okay with one championship, but not in Indy and not again.

Patriots- Come on I am a Colts fans, of course I don't want to see them win the Superbowl in my home state. Unlike the teams above me it wouldn't matter as much. Not too many Patriots fans here and they wouldn't make a huge deal about it like with the Ravens. But I have seen the Patriots win enough titles and Tom Brady gets enough love.

Saints- "Who Dat?" Should be enough of a reason right there. Alot of Colts haters jumped on that band wagon and the feel good story got old fast. Good for them, they got their championship. Call me bitter, and you are probably right. 2009 left a bad taste in my mouth and I have no love for New Orleans after that.

Wow. I actually agree with all that.......except swap out Giants with Pats of course for obvious reasons.