Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kipers 3-Round Colts Mock Draft.

If we draft Flowers then I will be a very happy man.

I would give away our 4th to move our second up far enough to get Shaq Thompson too.

Yeah, I'm okay with Flowers, too. I don't like his knee situation, but I think he can play RT right away, and do well. And I like Josh Shaw as a hybrid DB. I don't like Danielle Hunter, though.

1. Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami

2. Danielle Hunter, EDGE

3. Jonas Shaw, DB

>drafting a tackle who can't kick-step

>drafting an edge rusher who can't rush the passer

I might be misremembering, but haven't you had Hunter in some of your mocks recently?

I remember you talking about liking him, while I was explaining why he's not one of my favorites -- little production.

Have you changed your view,  or am I confusing you with someone else?

There were a number of notable oddities in Kiper's 3-round mock.

The first one that jumps to mind was I didn't see Grady Jarrett anywhere in the first 99 picks?    I mean,  seriously?

I think his only real safety in the 2nd round was Eric Rowe to the Giants at pick 42, which Mel called a "bit of a reach".    

Ya think?!?

He had only 1 RB in the 2nd round,  Tevin Coleman in the top-5 of that round.

Otherwise,  he had Abdullah, Ajayi, and Duke Johnson all falling to the 3rd.   I think it's possible, but not likely.   He had Jeremy Langford in the 3rd round but TJ Yeldon no where on his top-99.

There were some curious head scratchers all over the place.

I didn't like the Colt's draft and I didn't think much of his 3-round effort.   

Yeah, I'm okay with Flowers, too. I don't like his knee situation, but I think he can play RT right away, and do well. And I like Josh Shaw as a hybrid DB. I don't like Danielle Hunter, though.

Let's say Flowers is our first pick. How far do you think we would need to move up our second to get Shaq Thompson? I think we would at least have to get in front of Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and Philly.

Might cost us a 4th and our 2nd, but we would have 2 players that could possibly make an impact in 2015. If we can move up to 50 and Buffalo is willing to move back then I would do it.

I might be misremembering, but haven't you had Hunter in some of your mocks recently?

I remember you talking about liking him, while I was explaining why he's not one of my favorites -- little production.

Have you changed your view, or am I confusing you with someone else?

You're confused. I had him mocked high but I don't like him.

Let's say Flowers is our first pick. How far do you think we would need to move up our second to get Shaq Thompson? I think we would at least have to get in front of Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and Philly.

Might cost us a 4th and our 2nd, but we would have 2 players that could possibly make an impact in 2015. If we can move up to 50 and Buffalo is willing to move back then I would do it.

Philly moved up from #54 to #42 and included their 4th (#122). So I don't think we could get into the 40s with just our 4th. Maybe, but I think that's gonna be the meat of the draft. Getting to #50 is probably best case scenario.

As for Thompson, I can't figure anything out. Some teams probably like him as a safety, and others as a linebacker. I haven't paid a lot of attention to other teams' projections and predictions, so I don't know about who might want him in the 2nd. I wonder if he still might go in the first.

On our team, I think he's an odd fit -- a nickel defender who would probably be out of place at ILB. I don't really like him at safety. You like him more than I do. I don't know that I'd trade up for him at all.

For whatever it's worth......

Kiper says in his mock that he is NOT forecasting what the Colts will do!!    Repeat -- NOT forecasting what the Colts will do!!

He is playing GM for each 32 teams and he's telling us what HE would do if he was the GM of the Colts. (and the other 31 teams)