Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fun Topic: Re-brand an NFL team...

MrNLM

I got this idea from /r/NFL on Reddit.

So lets pretend that the commissioner forgot to pay the licensing fees for every teams logo, color scheme, mascot, the whole shibang! How would you re-brand an NFL team? Pick a team and go nuts! Do one for each team... it's your world!

All I know is if I have to read one more mock draft I am going to FLIP MY GOURD!!!

So please... entertain me here.

To begin, I stuck with re-branding the Indianapolis franchise. I thought about moving the team to a nearby city/suburb to give the team a completely "fresh" feel but, I decided against that so as not to "shell shock" our team's entire community.

Next, I began to think of what our new and great logo would be. I racked my brain for a bit, did some historical research on the great state of Indiana for inspiration, and came away with very little that i felt was useful. So, I decided to stick with a logo from the animal kingdom. I always got a kick out of how Peyton Manning went from the Colts to the Broncos(horse to horse) and wanted to do something similar with one of the connections we have to some other teams(the Ravens and Eagles). Can any guess which bird I am going to use??? I thought about using the Peregrine Falcon but, the Falcons were already used in Atlanta... so no! 

Ladies and gentlemen... we are... THE INDIANAPOLIS OSPREYS!!!  :thmup:  :applause:  :cheer2:

Our logos: 2fb4e5ed3243bb3d0cc90abdee1107bb.jpgc250c7c2975000e1a3a23bc748e327e0.jpg

Our colors:

• Neon Red ColorSwatch_NeonRed_220x220.jpg
  • Matte Black 71a-Cz8yaeL._SX466_.jpg
  • White --->WHITE <---This

Our Mascot: osprey.jpgSomething like this. His name will be Ollie!

Now go! Do thy bidding...

I'd actually love to be a fan of a team with red and black. My favorite color combination. Unfortunately (in this case) true fandom isn't really chosen. I'd play along but a phone is not too conducive for it. Like the logos too. Idk that I like the name ospreys because I'd like something a bit more fierce sounding.

I'd actually love to be a fan of a team with red and black. My favorite color combination. Unfortunately (in this case) true fandom isn't really chosen. I'd play along but a phone is not too conducive for it. Like the logos too. Idk that I like the name ospreys because I'd like something a bit more fierce sounding.

Think of it this way... The Indianapolis Ospreys sounds way better than The Cleveland Steamers... So its not all bad. ;)

I always thought the Vikings needed a more menacing symbol that evoked dread into the hearts of their enemy. The Minnesota Vikings doesn't do that at all. How about the Last Rites Vikings [LRV] straight out of Shetland Scotland? Because after you play them, you'll think your squad was systematically slaughtered, decimated, & entered the afterlife. Colors: Metallic silver & fire orange, glow yellow

Here's their new bone chilling logo on the helmets too...Fire isn't used enough in NFL team designs if you ask me...Translation: Play LRV at your own peril; It's your funeral. 

The Last Rites Vikings don't have a mascot because they're all about the business of vanquishing their foe in a decisive & demoralizing fashion. They're not cute & cuddly.  

viking_funeral-450x299.jpg

The Bills should be called the Buffalo Bisons because it sounds more calculating like a stampede you cannot escape from. Eventually, you will be overwhelmed & trampled symbolically speaking. 

Have your helmet logo charging with speed in the snow toward their prey...Perpetuate an image of we're not pretty, but we get the job done...Team colors are brown & white. 

Mascot wise all you hear are cloven hoofs accelerating to a gallop & all you see is their breath as this beast is about to show his opponent whose the real boss around these parts...I know a buffalo is an expensive mascot to feed & look after but Denver has a horse as their mascot which is quite large to begin with.

This would be the team's theme song played during the 2 minute drill in the 4th QTR ...

snowy-bison-yellowstone-20101220_0119.jp

I've never been one for graphic design but some names I like:

The Indianapolis 500s (in conjunction with SF becoming the SF 501s :P)

The Indianapolis Racers

The Indianapolis Intangibles

The Indianapolis Neards

The Houston Gunslingers*

The Seattle Screamers

The New Orleans Jazz Hands

The Cleveland Irrelevants

The Jackonsonvillle Jollies (who cares when you've got a pool?)

The Arizona Kangols

The Dallas Debbies

The NY Cabbies (I'm thinking yellow and chequerboard for the uni)

The Chicago Wiseguys

The Washington Monumentals

The Denver Dope

*Pending Houston ever getting a real QB.

I've never been one for graphic design but some names I like:

The Indianapolis 500s (in conjunction with SF becoming the SF 501s :P)

The Indianapolis Racers

The Indianapolis Intangibles

The Indianapolis Neards

The Houston Gunslingers*

The Seattle Screamers

The New Orleans Jazz Hands

The Cleveland Irrelevants

The Jackonsonvillle Jollies (who cares when you've got a pool?)

The Arizona Kangols

The Dallas Debbies

The NY Cabbies (I'm thinking yellow and chequerboard for the uni)

The Chicago Wiseguys

The Washington Monumentals

The Denver Dope

*Pending Houston ever getting a real QB.

Pretty clever stuff!!  :)

The Cleveland Steamers

cleveland-steamer-black.png

Mascot.....

Mr_hankey_the_xmas_poo.jpg

The Browns aren't even the final form!

Bahahahahahha that is great, I laughed so hard I almost created a Mr Hanky JR!!!!!!!!!

Question: what would he throw out to the crowd???? Gross!!!

I don't want to be a party Cleveland steamer but if you turned down the Falcons for already bring used you do know the Osprey is another name for a Seahawk right? No matter, they're a pretty good rugby team :)

A friend and I had looked that up some time ago but, I was tired last night and completely forgot about that. The good news is that even if it is based on the same bird its distinct enough to stand own its own merit now that the Seahawks have to re-brand as well. ;) The Atlanta Falcons is just so generic to me that it could be considered for ANY falcon I wanted to choose. I felt like that defeated the purpose of me choosing a peregrine falcon.

I do feel like the osprey fits a coastal team better. We have osprey, but they're not exactly something people identify with central Indiana. Maybe the Alaska expansion. Anchorage Ospreys!

Mexico City Monarchs (the butterfly). I realize this does not strike fear in the hearts of opponents, but a huge monarch overwintering population is near Mexico City. The colt (aka: young horse) isn't exactly intimidating either. Our name basically implies that we're a farm team for Denver.

The Bills should be called the Buffalo Bisons because it sounds more calculating like a stampede you cannot escape from. Eventually, you will be overwhelmed & trampled symbolically speaking.

Have your helmet logo charging with speed in the snow toward their prey...Perpetuate an image of we're not pretty, but we get the job done...Team colors are brown & white.

Mascot wise all you hear are cloven hoofs accelerating to a gallop & all you see is their breath as this beast is about to show his opponent whose the real boss around these parts...I know a buffalo is an expensive mascot to feed & look after but Denver has a horse as their mascot which is quite large to begin with.

This would be the team's theme song played during the 2 minute drill in the 4th QTR ...

https://youtu.be/8On3UiBOTdQ

snowy-bison-yellowstone-20101220_0119.jp

http://mentalfloss.com/article/25650/whats-nickname-origins-all-32-nfl-team-names

Kinda funny that the Bills have a bison on their helmet and yet are named after Buffalo Bill Cody....who earned his nickname by killing bison.

I do feel like the osprey fits a coastal team better. We have osprey, but they're not exactly something people identify with central Indiana. Maybe the Alaska expansion. Anchorage Ospreys!

Mexico City Monarchs (the butterfly). I realize this does not strike fear in the hearts of opponents, but a huge monarch overwintering population is near Mexico City. The colt (aka: young horse) isn't exactly intimidating either. Our name basically implies that we're a farm team for Denver.

If a basketball in the desert can be called the Lakers, then a Midwest team can be called the Ospreys lol

cleveland-browns-new-logo_51461.jpg

I'm a graphic designer, and this is my reimagining of a new fully transformed logo for the Cleveland Browns. I strived for a balance between fun and professionalism, complementing an all-ages target audience with eye-catching bold imagery. I play with the directional imagery of the eye reading from left to right. I adhere to a strong grid layout while utilizing strokes and embellishments to help visual elements lift off the page. I also used several rounded corners to encourage a friendly apperance.

For typefaces, I used...

Edit: Cleveland stole my logo design! What the-- I knew that art contest was a scam!

cleveland-browns-new-logo_51461.jpg

I'm a graphic designer, and this is my reimagining of a new fully transformed logo for the Cleveland Browns. I strived for a balance between fun and professionalism, complementing an all-ages target audience with eye-catching bold imagery. I play with the directional imagery of the eye reading from left to right. I adhere to a strong grid layout while utilizing strokes and embellishments to help visual elements lift off the page. I also used several rounded corners to encourage a friendly apperance.

For typefaces, I used...

Edit: Cleveland stole my logo design! What the-- I knew that art contest was a scam!

Cheers to you as a graphic designer. It's a hard life for us in this job  :goodluck:

I had similar thoughts but isn't there already a Texas Rangers team, baseball maybe?

Yeah but it's in Dallas. Not sure if you're aware but there isn't any love lost between Houston and Dallas sports teams.