Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Help wanted ?

Are inside backers are sorry .. Neither can cover both get lost When o line approaches them.. These guys need to go .. I'll take spikes and ellerbe .. Actually I'll take a cardboard cut out of ray Lewis before them .... No NT or mlb's we fixed the defense .

Prepare to be very disappointed.

Are inside backers are sorry .. Neither can cover both get lost When o line approaches them.. These guys need to go .. I'll take spikes and ellerbe .. Actually I'll take a cardboard cut out of ray Lewis before them .... No NT or mlb's we fixed the defense .

First you say this "Are inside backers are sorry" which is funny in itself, THEN you proceed to say this "Neither can cover", and even better you THEN say this "I'll take spikes and ellerbe".... Give Grigs a call about that and see what he says..

wtf014.gif

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 20, 2015 - under review
Hidden by Nadine, March 20, 2015 - under review

*uses my best Steve Irwin impression*

AH! See here? 

*Points to OP*

What we have here is fresh troll scat...

By the looks of this steaming pile of poo I would say this troll is still young... 150 to 200 posts, tops!

A telling sign that this is a baby troll is that it has defecated in the middle of the night and during low traffic patterns in the area.

Someday, this troll will grow up and defecate anywhere and at any time it chooses.

A marvelous beast in its own right but, severely overpopulated.

Lets move along, nothing else to see here.

"Neither can cover"

Jerrell Freeman was the HIGHEST RATED coverage linebacker from PFF last year... What else do you want?!? Yes, Freeman isn't too stout against the run but, if your going to make an arguement PICK ONE that makes sense. Actually, Complaine about Jacksons coverage, Freemans run stopping... Just atleast a arguement that makes sense...

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 20, 2015 - rude
Hidden by Nadine, March 20, 2015 - rude

I got stuck when Are was used instead of our.  Twelve years old?  

Our ILBs do have a problem covering athletic TE's and backs.....but not Spikes or Ellerbe.  Their names are Freeman and DQ Johnson.  They 'aint' going 'nowhere.'

First you say this "Are inside backers are sorry" which is funny in itself, THEN you proceed to say this "Neither can cover", and even better you THEN say this "I'll take spikes and ellerbe".... Give Grigs a call about that and see what he says..

wtf014.gif

I rather have guys that can atleast stop the run .. Yea I know Irving an ellerbe aren't elite but they can hold there ground . Better then the scrubs .. Do me a favor go look at djax contract .. He's getting paid like he's a elite

"Neither can cover"

Jerrell Freeman was the HIGHEST RATED coverage linebacker from PFF last year... What else do you want?!? Yes, Freeman isn't too stout against the run but, if your going to make an arguement PICK ONE that makes sense. Actually, Complaine about Jacksons coverage, Freemans run stopping... Just atleast a arguement that makes sense...

freeman gets swallowed by the line the money we pay for djax I'm expecting something better .. Don't complain when Blount is running right at are soft ILB's

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 20, 2015 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, March 20, 2015 - quoting removed post

*uses my best Steve Irwin impression*

AH! See here?

*Points to OP*

What we have here is fresh troll scat...

By the looks of this steaming pile of poo I would say this troll is still young... 150 to 200 posts, tops!

A telling sign that this is a baby troll is that it has defecated in the middle of the night and during low traffic patterns in the area.

Someday, this troll will grow up and defecate anywhere and at any time it chooses.

A marvelous beast in its own right but, severely overpopulated.

Lets move along, nothing else to see here.

Why did you have to say Steve Irwin :( I remember him from when I was younger. I'm just a bit older than his daughter, I can't imagine what she went through
Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 20, 2015 - referencing removed posts
Hidden by Nadine, March 20, 2015 - referencing removed posts

Why did you have to say Steve Irwin :( I remember him from when I was younger. I'm just a bit older than his daughter, I can't imagine what she went through

It's out of respect really. Who else could I use to really send the message home?

The types of TEs the colts can't cover are the types that pretty much no team can cover.

Exactly the TE position has evolving into a position that LB's are going to struggle to cover Graham Gronk Thomas heck even Fleener when he is catching the ball is a really tough match up for a LB'er and the list is growing. I know I left people off of this list wasn't really trying to nail all the TE's just provide a few examples.  Defense's are going to have to adapt.

The fact is we need to be able to get teams to 3rd and long so we can worry about coverage.

I think the addition of Langford is really going to help our LB's he will help keep them clean occupying O lineman allowing them to make tackles. We get a healthy Art Jones. Chapman and Hughes continue to grow. Kerr improves on his rookie season. I am interested to see Quarles this year. I was excited when we signed him away from NE 

I think the D Line is going to be better this year if we can keep it healthy. We grab a DL or two in the draft Grig's will bring in some UDFA's. There will be June 1st cuts. We keep building.

I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised with Langford's play.

I rather have guys that can atleast stop the run .. Yea I know Irving an ellerbe aren't elite but they can hold there ground . Better then the scrubs .. Do me a favor go look at djax contract .. He's getting paid like he's a elite

You don't even know what point you are trying to make. You complained in your first post that our LBs can't cover and then say we need to go after two guys who are probably the absolute WORST in coverage. I'm just trying to make sense of whatever point you're trying to make.

I think they are both serviceable, since the Colts had a lack of pash rush last year from the DL/OLBs I think there was a lot asked of with regards to the ILBs. Trent Colt and hopefully Mathis coming back strong along with the improvment of Newsome "hopefully," it could potentially take some stress off the ILBs. If they can improve the DL and saftey core with added depth and a solid saftey to play with Adams, that's only going to improve things as well. The D probably will look a lot different this year, will they be better who knows but I don't expect to see the same D. Especially after FA acquisitions and the draft. They had to get seriously creative last year with the pass rush.

Don't forget about the addition of Nate Irving.....

You don't even know what point you are trying to make. You complained in your first post that our LBs can't cover and then say we need to go after two guys who are probably the absolute WORST in coverage. I'm just trying to make sense of whatever point you're trying to make.

my point is djax is useless freeman isn't bad but I can't stand him getting lost on running plays I rather have two guys who could atleast tackle solo tackles not jump on a pile and get a tackle .. Someone who's gonna run up and make a play .. A presence in the middle ..

I really hope we land kendricks or Anthony in the 2nd round. 1st round needs to be on DL.

All depends on who's left in the 1st round when we get there. If Williams, Shelton, Goldman, Armstead, Brown, and Phillips are all gone by the time we pick do you really want us to reach for a D-lineman in the first round? I don't.