Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans appear to be frontrunners for Wilfork

I already called this.  Who would pass up a chance to play with JJ Watt and Clowney while continuing to

cause the Colts problems?  That's what I figured a former Patriot like Wilfork would want to do. I'm sure he can't wait to tackle his old buddy Gore.

I already called this.  Who would pass up a chance to play with JJ Watt and Clowney while continuing to

cause the Colts problems?  That's what I figured a former Patriot like Wilfork would want to do. I'm sure he can't wait to tackle his old buddy Gore.

Someone who wants another ring and looks at the team instead of only the d-line.

Im going to say the same thing about Vince that I said about Johnson.

He can come here and play for a contender.

He has a stud QB with a lot of weapons.

He can still get paid.

And he has a familiarity with a few players and coaches.

Come on Vince.. Join the parade.

and Colts have had success with former Pats players

I'm going to say the front office clearly isn't or wasn't interested. People keep getting bent out of shape over guys they personally wanted that didn't get signed. It would be different if all of this guys came in to visit and didn't want to sign. Wilfork would/would've been a good fit but alas.

I've said this in another thread, but I don't get Wilfork to the Texans from the Texans perspective.  He has got maybe 2 years left and the Texans are a couple of years away from making a legit SB run. Seems like their money would be better spent on someone younger that will actually be able to help them when it matters. 

If VW comes here great but if he doesn't

Everything Will Be Okay

Yeah, that's my take on the Wilfork situation too PT. I know what Vince brings to the table, but I don't wanna break the bank on a guy who is only a short term fix for INDY either. I don't want to mess up our cap down the road. 

I won't be crushed if #75 isn't a Colt either. 

Yeah, that's my take on the Wilfork situation too PT. I know what Vince brings to the table, but I don't wanna break the bank on a guy who is only a short term fix for INDY either. I don't want to mess up our cap down the road. 

I won't be crushed if #75 isn't a Colt either. 

I am with you. I am hesitant about players Billy let's walk for starters.

I think people are underestimating the Langford signing and I feel like Brown, Phillips Armstead one of the DL are going to fall in our lap at 29 then I hope we grab Hardison later.

Art Jones will hopefully be healthy I am not expecting a big DL signing from Grig's. I think he got the guy he was targeting and if something else comes up he will grab them. There is still a lot of player movement that is going to happen. You know Grig's will be on top of it.

Naaa... not buying the idea he goes to Houston to play with Ryan Mallett instead of Andrew Luck. No offense to Huston but they don't have a last place schedule this year , so odds of them even making the post season IMO is not that great. You guys that think that link means much , need to small a little better. If your client really wanted to sign with Houston why would you make it clear they were the favorites ? On the oher hand if he really wanted to play for another of those 3 teams , wouldn't it be smart to make that team think they had to move quickly and maybe up their offer ? 

My question is do the Colts really want to add him ? If yes , I think there's a very good chance they do. But knowing how aggressive Grigson is , I really am not sure he's being viewed as a target or more importantly , a significant one.

Naaa... not buying the idea he goes to Houston to play with Ryan Mallett instead of Andrew Luck. No offense to Huston but they don't have a last place schedule this year , so odds of them even making the post season IMO is not that great. You guys that think that link means much , need to small a little better. If your client really wanted to sign with Houston why would you make it clear they were the favorites ? On the oher hand if he really wanted to play for another of those 3 teams , wouldn't it be smart to make that team think they had to move quickly and maybe up their offer ? 

My question is do the Colts really want to add him ? If yes , I think there's a very good chance they do. But knowing how aggressive Grigson is , I really am not sure he's being viewed as a target or more importantly , a significant one.

Wilfork is about the money. If Texans offer him more he will go.